PDA

View Full Version : Are kegs allowed at Invesco in the tailgate lots?

Buffarino
09-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Just curious. That will be a lot cheaper than buying a lot of cases on Saturday.

Tatonka
09-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Just curious. That will be a lot cheaper than buying a lot of cases on Saturday.

I don't think they are allowed and seem to remember the police collecting them as they drove through the lot in years past.

dply
09-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I don't think they are allowed and seem to remember the police collecting them as they drove through the lot in years past.

They must have had a kickass party after-words!

Buffarino
09-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Found the rules online. They are prohibited, as are glass bottles

Here's the rules if anyone else is curious:

http://www.invescofieldatmilehigh.com/resources/pdf/2010_Parking_Rules_and_Regulations.pdf

Unleash Hell
09-01-2010, 06:58 PM
No they do NOT allow them. I just saw them on Invesco's website

Rraalph 3000
09-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Found the rules online. They are prohibited, as are glass bottles

Here's the rules if anyone else is curious:

http://www.invescofieldatmilehigh.com/resources/pdf/2010_Parking_Rules_and_Regulations.pdf

Tailgated at quite a few Broncos games and have never had anyone say anything to me about glass bottles....would be very surprised if that one was enforced

Rugged
09-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Cheap liquor is where it's at.

Buffnik
09-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Cheap liquor is where it's at.

You will learn, grasshopper. Life's too short to drink cheap booze. :wink2:

Rugged
09-01-2010, 11:37 PM
You will learn, grasshopper. Life's too short to drink cheap booze. :wink2:

Agreed for the most part.

sackman
09-02-2010, 08:47 AM
They won't enforce the one-hour rule. But it's not a terrible idea. They never open up all the entry gates into the stadium for this game, and there's always an enormous freaking line to get into the stadium. It takes a good half hour just to get through the gates.

I really don't know when we'll fold things up.

Buffarino
09-02-2010, 09:20 AM
I hope you're right, Sacky, but I expect a heavy police presence of over-zealous Denver cops.

I'll give anyone a beer if they ask the first cop they see if he's the one who beat up the guy walking his dogs and that's why he's on stadium duty. :lol:

sackman
09-02-2010, 09:24 AM
I hope you're right, Sacky, but I expect a heavy police presence of over-zealous Denver cops.

I'll give anyone a beer if they ask the first cop they see if he's the one who beat up the guy walking his dogs and that's why he's on stadium duty. :lol:

Yeah, the DPD is famous for over-reactions. The tear gas incident is just one example. And while it was a bunch of CSU people that instigated that, and were the recipients of it, somehow the CU folks get lumped into that same group.

Anyway, a few years ago, we set up our tailgate next to a few DPD cops who were there to patrol the lots. I told them that they should tell anybody wearing green to find another place to park. They did. It was kind of funny.

absinthe
09-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Sacky- what is the rule on kegs up at boulder?

Buffarino
09-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Kegs are not allowed in our lot (St. Aidan's), but I don't know about the lots on campus. Never tailgated there.

sackman
09-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Sacky- what is the rule on kegs up at boulder?

I've never brought one myself, but I'm pretty sure they are allowed. I *think* the Buff Bus has a sponsorship from Breckenridge Brewery and they bring a keg to every game.

It's much harder to police the lots in Boulder. They're spread out all over campus and beyond.

Rugged
09-02-2010, 10:04 AM
If kegs aren't allowed in Boulder, they don't enforce it. I've seen kegs on Franklin field, in the Farrand spots, in the lots at Regent and Colorado.