PDA

View Full Version : '12 CO PG Xavier Talton (Signed to Colorado)

JRK1212
03-14-2011, 04:56 AM
Rivals (http://rivals.yahoo.com/colorado/basketball/recruiting/player-Xavier-Talton-127769)
Scout (http://colorado.scout.com/a.z?s=148&p=8&c=1&nid=5556595)
ESPN
(http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/139217/xavier-talton)247 Sports (http://247sports.com/Player/Xavier-Talton-16477?pi=27267)

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/894/1109231.jpg
Sterling HS (Sterling, CO)

Travel Team: Tru-Playaz BB Club

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 185 lbs

Rivals rating: 3*; unranked PG
Scout rating: 3*; unrated PG
ESPN rating: 2*-83 grade, #52 PG
247 rating: unranked PG

Reported Offers: Colorado, Buffalo, Colgate, Mercer, Rice, SMU, Wyoming

JRK1212
03-14-2011, 05:15 AM
According to the Denver Post CU is recruting Talton. Its unclear if we have offered a scholarship.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2011/03/13/will-cu-mens-hoops-sign-three-in-state-recruits-for-2012-13/16334/#

JRK1212
03-14-2011, 05:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FslQ8Pqvzms

cnbuff410
03-14-2011, 11:28 AM
We have only one spot left right?

RumblinBuff
03-14-2011, 11:31 AM
I count 4. Carlon Brown, Austin Dufault, Nate Tomlinson, and Trey Eckloff. Plus one additional for this year when Alec leaves.

NashBuff
03-14-2011, 10:49 PM
http://www.chsaa.org/sports/basketball/pdf/Basketball_Bulletin_2011.pdf

Sterling is one of the smallest 4A schools (3A football) and I think within one to two more cycles, they will drop down a class in all sports but I brought this up to show that Talton has been going against schools that have 200 to 400 more kids in his league and the largest 4A schools are twice the size of Sterling.

AeroBuff99
03-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Sterling had about the same enrollment in 1995 when I graduated from there. Nice to see the logo I helped to create using Corel Draw is still around on the wall padding. Although Sterling doesn't regularly produce D-I or other top athletes, it seems every 4 years or so a couple emerge, whether in football, baseball, or basketball. It is tough for the kids in the sticks to get the looks and attention that the front range kids get.

NashBuff
03-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Sterling had about the same enrollment in 1995 when I graduated from there. Nice to see the logo I helped to create using Corel Draw is still around on the wall padding. Although Sterling doesn't regularly produce D-I or other top athletes, it seems every 4 years or so a couple emerge, whether in football, baseball, or basketball. It is tough for the kids in the sticks to get the looks and attention that the front range kids get.

I based that on the fact that some schools in the eastern part of the state have dropped down a class in all sports namely Burlington and Yuma. They used to be 2A football/3A other sports...now they are 1A/2A. Same thing for Lamar who used to be 3A/4A like Sterling is right now. At my time in Estes Park, we played 3A football despite being still 3A in other sports as well because we had over 500 kids. Now to be 3A, that number is 600. In the Front Range, Erie used to be 1A/2A or 2A/3A but now they are 3A/4A.

dyemeduke
04-03-2011, 12:12 PM
He was just named Mr 4A Basketball.

I'm hoping he has a great summer, and that he shows that he's definitely worthy of a scholarship. Interesting prospect...

Buffnik
05-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Been a lot of chatter on the boards. Players and coaches from around the state have been chiming in to say that Talton's a player. CU would be in good position. I'm expecting he'll blow up after his AAU team finishes the circuit. Hope we offer.

sliderNcider
05-19-2011, 09:41 AM
A prospect like this coming out of Sterling is a surprise. Have any of you guys been to Sterling? That place sucks

tante
05-19-2011, 11:26 AM
A prospect like this coming out of Sterling is a surprise. Have any of you guys been to Sterling? That place sucks

never been there because I heard it sucks.

Hoops Fan
05-19-2011, 05:43 PM
never been there because I heard it sucks.

You may be too young to remember a guy called "Zeke from Cabin Creek" ... his real name was Jerry West and he came from Cabin Creek West Virginia, not exactly a garden spot either. Its about the player not the place ... and good ones can come from anywhere. I saw this guy in the recent "Show" for top Colorado HS players and he is very good.

AeroBuff99
05-19-2011, 10:19 PM
A prospect like this coming out of Sterling is a surprise. Have any of you guys been to Sterling? That place sucks, I was someone's girlfriend inside the kill fence and it wasn't fun.

fify

YngC
11-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Talton visiting CU officially this weekend.

buff4bcs1985
11-04-2011, 12:22 PM
as a walkon?

Buffnik
11-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Talton visiting CU officially this weekend.

I like Talton. I'm glad we're giving him some respect and attention with an OV.

CVilleBuff
11-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Interesting prospect, surprised DU or UNC haven't offered

sliderNcider
11-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Maybe we look more at him now

Buffnik
11-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Maybe we look more at him now

I love him as a PWO who could earn a scholarship down the road. Probably another Javon Coney. Maybe a bit better, but he'd need to prove it.

Buffnik
11-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Scout is showing offers from CU and Wyoming.

I looked around to try to find more info on Talton:

Here are Talton's track & field results from his junior year: http://co.milesplit.com/athletes/1394830-xavier-talton

Looks like he pretty much does the long jump (best of 21-7.5) and fills in for other events when the team needs him to.

Also, he has a beRecruited profile: http://profiles.berecruited.com/athletes/athletics/254024

12.4 ppg
56.0 fg%
57.0 3pt%
82.0 ft%
2.86 spg
5.73 apg
6.09 rpg

Buffenuf
11-08-2011, 04:19 PM
I love him as a PWO who could earn a scholarship down the road. Probably another Javon Coney. Maybe a bit better, but he'd need to prove it.

Hey, maybe another Devon Beitzel, that huge reach who was the hallmark of Tad's UNC bunch! I'd take that.

Loved Javon Coney; he could give some few quality minutes and hit the odd three, but he was clearly a WO for all of his time in Boulder.

tante
11-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Hey, maybe another Devon Beitzel, that huge reach who was the hallmark of Tad's UNC bunch! I'd take that.

Loved Javon Coney; he could give some few quality minutes and hit the odd three, but he was clearly a WO for all of his time in Boulder.

I remember watching Devon Beitzel play in high school and he just lacked the athleticism to play at a BCS program.

Darth Snow
11-08-2011, 05:49 PM
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1551185791/270910_10150228990721029_713846028_7467271_5707667 _n_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/#!/William_Whelan)
@William_Whelan (http://twitter.com/#!/William_Whelan)William Whelan

Xavier Talton will sign for Colorado tomorrow.

Wow, a far cry from TW etc... but in Tad we trust?

Buffnik
11-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Wow, a far cry from TW etc... but in Tad we trust?

I know that Tad has scouted him a ton. Talton camped at CU, played a lot with and against Gordon & Scott, had a great year as a junior in-state, and showed very well at the CO Prep thing at the Pepsi Center. Local mid-majors (Wyoming and UNC) were after him hard, but Talton didn't play much on the club circuit so he didn't get his name out. Considering all of the above and the fact that we just had him in for an OV, I think Tad might have been stashing him.

In Tad I trust.

Darth Snow
11-08-2011, 06:04 PM
I know that Tad has scouted him a ton. Talton camped at CU, played a lot with and against Gordon & Scott, had a great year as a junior in-state, and showed very well at the CO Prep thing at the Pepsi Center. Local mid-majors (Wyoming and UNC) were after him hard, but Talton didn't play much on the club circuit so he didn't get his name out. Considering all of the above and the fact that we just had him in for an OV, I think Tad might have been stashing him.

In Tad I trust. He gives the class a nice mix of touted stars and projects. And if he pulls a Burks/Dinwiddie growth spurt, his purported lack of elite athleticism will be mitigated some. You make a good point that Tad has had a ton of time to scout him.

RK
11-08-2011, 07:02 PM
I have a good feeling about this one.

BeBe
11-08-2011, 08:13 PM
An under-rated point guard with a local Colorado high school team. A player who has not gotten much attention from the national teams since the player didn't play much on the club circuit. That was the description of 2009 WBB recruit Chucky Jeffrey .... she turned out pretty good.

btbuff
11-08-2011, 08:23 PM
An under-rated point guard with a local Colorado high school team. A player who has not gotten much attention from the national teams since the player didn't play much on the club circuit. That was the description of 2009 WBB recruit Chucky Jeffrey .... she turned out pretty good.
Basketball program has high expectations, what can we say.

sliderNcider
11-08-2011, 08:41 PM
This guy is a lucky mofo. He gets to move from Sterling to Boulder

BeBe
11-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Basketball program has high expectations, what can we say.
I suspect you know very little about the WBB program and what Chucky has brought to it. If Talton develops as Chucky has in what he would bring to the MBB program, he will help fulfill those high expectations.

MtnBuff
11-08-2011, 08:56 PM
I think based on comparison to the other guys we have committed, his size, his level of competition, this is a real reach.

That all said I also trust the Tad has a plan and knows what he wants to do. This may be one of those kids that you recruit for what he will be in two years, not what he is now.

All that said, welcome aboard and I am ready to have Tad amaze me with his eye for talent.

BehindEnemyLines
11-08-2011, 09:48 PM
welcome to the black-n-gold young man

SECOBuffsFan
11-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Tad said he would go after the Colorado kids he felt could play D-I ball. Plus, he probably redshirts next year and won't be needed in the rotation until his junior year....gives him lots of time to develop.

I like that 3 of the 5 kids we brought in are locals

Buffnik
11-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Tad said he would go after the Colorado kids he felt could play D-I ball. Plus, he probably redshirts next year and won't be needed in the rotation until his junior year....gives him lots of time to develop.

I like that 3 of the 5 kids we brought in are locals

Assuming they can compete and win at the Pac-12 level, it's definitely a good thing for the program.

Tractor
11-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Congrats to Xavier, totally agree with the redshirt. Welcome to the B+G! Never leave our brandy-new practice facility lol.

GoBuffs!!
11-09-2011, 08:17 AM
I know there is a lot of knocking on this guy because he wasnt a huge hightly respected recruit, and his mix video well... sucks...

But I have to agree, if Tad has looked at him as closely as you all say, and I am sure he was on Tad's radar for a while back when he was at UNC, I think there is something he sees in him. Hopefully it is more of a Andre Roberson type feeling, not a Ben Mills feeling.

Edit: Nothing aginst Ben Mills, I was just referencing coming in and being productive from Day 1, not a project that will be benificial 2-3 years down the road. I am really excited to see what we get out of Ben, in a couple years.

Goose
11-09-2011, 08:46 AM
You know, my initial reaction to the rumors of Talton getting a scholarship was that I was underwhelmed. We had just lost Wallace, who was a top 100 prospect and many thought was a lock to come to Colorado (gotta give the Cal staff credit on that one, they did a great job) and then came the news about Xavier. That said, the more I read about the kid, the more I think he might be a pretty good player for us. 'Nik has already mentioned his positives and that the only thing he's lacking is athleticism (which, granted, is a big deal), but I was talking to someone who I really respect and they pointed out that Talton was easily the best player on the court in last year's state championship game -- and that was against Josh & Jordan Scott's Lewis-Palmer team. He did clarify it by adding that Sterling did everything they could to keep the ball out of Scott's hands, but that's still a pretty glowing statement.

I'm not saying he's going to be a star, but I'm not worried about this kid being a bum. He'll take a redshirt year and be a solid rotation player for us.

Goose
11-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Dave Telep (https://twitter.com/#!/DaveTelep/status/134279273770004480):

Colorado will sign PG Xavier Talton today. State champion, good shooter. Five man class on the way; two Top 100 guys. Buffs did well.

Goose
11-09-2011, 09:11 AM
ESPN's scouting report on Talton is intriguing too.

Taulton is a strong lead guard with a scorer's mentality and great court demeanor. His strength and burst separate him from most guards. He has an excellent pull-up game, especially off of two-dribbles. He squares up very nicely and just rises up over the defense to get his shot off. He can hit the 3-point shot as well and he has a nice floater too boot. In addition, he is a solid rebounder and he has the potential to be an excellent defender.
Taulton is one of the better looking sleepers out west. He has a Division I frame and the athleticism to play at the next level. With coaching and continued attention to detail (learning the point guard position), he should be a solid prospect for the next level.

Goose
11-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Adam just tweeted that Talton has faxed in his LOI and with that we have our first switch from "Verbal to Colorado" to "Committed to Colorado".

Welcome Xavier!

Buffnik
11-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Welcome to the Buffs, Xavier!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

tante
11-09-2011, 09:58 AM
do we have any other commits?

AeroBuff99
11-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Makes me happy to see a kid from my hometown be a fellow Buff. Sterling has a good basketball program and plays good fundamentals. I am pretty sure Tad is familiar with Sterling as he used to play and coach against them. I think he was coaching Longmont when Sterling's current head coach was a player (they were in the same conference back then). Sterling has always been pretty sound with fundamentals and has a good basketball community (highschool and juco). Just not a lot of depth like big schools have.

hefdub
11-09-2011, 10:10 AM
I like it. When you look back at it, think of all the Colorado players that got away without CU paying attention.
There for a while you could have had a starting lineup of kids we didn't think were good enough for DI hoops.
Nick Fazekas in Nevada, Sean Ogirri at Wichita State, Jason Smith at CSU. Throw in a top 100 kid like Bolden at Gonzaga and I think Colorado talent has been undervalued in some terms.

Buffenuf
11-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Ten days ago we were debating between Wallace and Artis as the better point; but looking at Talton, he appears more athletic than Artis, with a bigger and better frame for D1 hoops. If Talton and Artis switched high schools or AAU teams, I think we'd be screaming for joy about getting the "more recognized" player in Talton.

They should get the chance to play each other down the road, so we'll see, but I really like getting another Colo kid with talent, in the fold. Too many Colo kids in the past, were overlooked, simply because they played in Colo!

Don't think he need to RS either. Just good coaching and practicing hard against outstanding team mates will get him ready to play.

Buffenuf
11-09-2011, 10:43 AM
I like it. When you look back at it, think of all the Colorado players that got away without CU paying attention.
There for a while you could have had a starting lineup of kids we didn't think were good enough for DI hoops.
Nick Fazekas in Nevada, Sean Ogirri at Wichita State, Jason Smith at CSU. Throw in a top 100 kid like Bolden at Gonzaga and I think Colorado talent has been undervalued in some terms.

You could also throw in a couple of kids from Pagosa Springs (of all places!) who played D1, including one who started for Wazzu for a couple of years. Talent will out!

Buffnik
11-09-2011, 10:59 AM
We also let the two guys get away to Boston College and Gutierrez get away to Cal when he supposedly wanted a CU offer.

hefdub
11-09-2011, 11:02 AM
There is talent in the state. I don't think you can just recruit the state. But the three we got this year, will be a big part of why the program succeeds or doesn't.

tante
11-09-2011, 11:10 AM
d Gutierrez get away to Cal when he supposedly wanted a CU offer.

:bang:

RK
11-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Shouldn't it be "Signed to Colorado"?

Goose
11-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Shouldn't it be "Signed to Colorado"?

****. Where were you an hour ago when I started updating these? :lol:

cnbuff410
11-09-2011, 11:26 AM
3star at Rivals

Goose
11-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Wow. That was just added then because I checked on that this morning. Thanks.

RK
11-09-2011, 11:32 AM
****. Where were you an hour ago when I started updating these? :lol:

Haha my bad I got your back now though haha

RK
11-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Wow. That was just added then because I checked on that this morning. Thanks.

He got the automatic 3 star rating for being a colorado commit. We have power like that now :nod:

Buffnik
11-09-2011, 01:49 PM
New Rivals article that has some great info that allowed me to update XT's profile: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1290939

COhoops
11-09-2011, 02:34 PM
If X. Talton would have played on the AAU circuit this summer with a few good players, very few of you would be disappointed. He has good size, good handle, good stroke, good smarts, and is a CO kid. I give a CTB a lot of credit cause he went after the PG's he wanted on the national stage, and he when didn't get them, he had a solid backup plan... And since it happened to be an in-state kid, that makes it even better.

RK
11-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Boyle on Xavier Talton "Xaiver is a guy that wants to be a Buff...kid can pass, dribble and shoot"

Darth Snow
11-09-2011, 02:39 PM
where are you guys seeing this?

Goose
11-09-2011, 02:39 PM
New Rivals article that has some great info that allowed me to update XT's profile: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1290939

From the article:

"We had a great time. They have a family environment around the team at CU. It is like a second family away from your actual family," Talton said.

Has anyone seriously ever seen an interview with a recruit where they haven't said that about CU? 'Nik, Golden & I noticed it too at the open house. This team is TIGHT.

I'm starting to get a little excited about Talton. I don't think he'll be all-conference or anything, but we might be pleasantly surprised.

RK
11-09-2011, 02:42 PM
From the article:

Has anyone seriously ever seen an interview with a recruit where they haven't said that about CU? 'Nik, Golden & I noticed it too at the open house. This team is TIGHT.

I'm starting to get a little excited about Talton. I don't think he'll be all-conference or anything, but we might be pleasantly surprised.

Ive been noticing that family thing for a while as well.

RumblinBuff
11-09-2011, 03:48 PM
where are you guys seeing this?

Twitter (http://twitter.com/#%21/adamcm777/status/134357567433490432)

RK
11-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Expanded Boyle comments -"This is a guy who wants to be a Buff, the guys that want to be here can bring in a different attitude and it can be something really special. We try to simplify the recruiting process as best we can, so if a player can pass, dribble, and shoot we want to be recruiting that player, and Xavier is certainly a guy that can do all three of those things. Xavier is a young kid for his class, he is still only 17, and that's good for us because he has shown a lot of maturity and there is a ton of room for this kid to improve and we look forward to helping him do that."

dyemeduke
11-09-2011, 10:04 PM
This one surprises me a lot... ... ...I'm not the head coach though. Perhaps he's expecting some attrition in Dre and XJ potentially leaving early, or he just feels that he can redshirt this guy and eventually bring him to his full potential.

...hopefully the program keeps improving so even if XT doesn't come to be a solid contributor, the program succeeds. This is definitely one to keep an eye on, just out of curiosity's sake.

XT - get angry at me and prove my skepticism wrong. Congrats on joining the team.

Darth Snow
11-09-2011, 10:06 PM
This one surprises me a lot... ... ...I'm not the head coach though. Perhaps he's expecting some attrition in Dre and XJ potentially leaving early, or he just feels that he can redshirt this guy and eventually bring him to his full potential.

...hopefully the program keeps improving so even if XT doesn't come to be a solid contributor, the program succeeds. This is definitely one to keep an eye on, just out of curiosity's sake.

XT - get angry at me and prove my skepticism wrong. Congrats on joining the team. this is the "we will always have a serviceable PG" guy methinks. A year of having nate tomlinson as your starting PG with sharpe as his backup must have really effected Taddy :lol:

buffs
11-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Josh Scott on Xavier: "We know how good he is"
Coach Boyle: "We're excited what he's bringing to the program."

sliderNcider
11-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm getting the Xavier's mixed up. We need to come up with a nickname(s)

buff4bcs1985
11-09-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm getting the Xavier's mixed up. We need to come up with a nickname(s)
The X-men... johnson can be wolverine and talton can be cyclops

Shldr2Shldr
11-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Welcome to the Black and Gold!!

Now lets see 2 or 3 of these a game please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncCmt-luBa4

The drive to the rim in the first few seconds reminds me quite a bit of a certain other under rated player to come to Colorado.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FslQ8Pqvzms&feature=related

Tractor
11-10-2011, 04:20 AM
Welcome to the B+G! Prove all these skeptics wrong!!!

BoomNog
11-10-2011, 06:13 AM
So just to clarify (ive been out of the loop for the past week or so), barring any transfers or early exits we now have no schollies for 2013 right?

Buffnik
11-10-2011, 08:38 AM
So just to clarify (ive been out of the loop for the past week or so), barring any transfers or early exits we now have no schollies for 2013 right?

We have 1 unless Cain earns his scholarship back, which he's likely to do.

wade
11-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the Black and Gold!!

Now lets see 2 or 3 of these a game please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncCmt-luBa4

Just to make that clear, that first video was his sophomore year. I played for the opposing basketball team, and that kid was the biggest freak of nature we played all year... as a sophomore in high school. Mans got potential.

Junction
11-12-2011, 01:43 PM
You could also throw in a couple of kids from Pagosa Springs (of all places!) who played D1, including one who started for Wazzu for a couple of years. Talent will out!

Wazzu also had a kid from Fruita that started for a few years. I had no idea they had 2 Colorado kids starting for them.. :wow:

BehindEnemyLines
11-13-2011, 02:09 AM
Welcome Wade, and thanks for the input.

AeroBuff99
11-16-2011, 04:09 PM
A couple of articles in the local weekly rag in Sterling. Page 22 and Page 23. Offers a lot of insight into Boyle's recruiting of Xavier. Had watched him from his freshman year on. Spent enough time watching him while at UNC that he probably felt really comfortable with Xavier's talent and skill level. He knows what he is getting with Xavier. I don't think he would have signed him if he didn't believe he could contribute and compete.

http://www.southplattesentinel.com/

FlatironsBuff
12-01-2011, 04:39 AM

this guy in my nieces boyfriend. Which I got told at Thanksgiving.....methinks she is in for some heartbreak come next fall. She is pretty, but she is a freshman in Sterling. He will be moving on....

GoBuffs!!
12-01-2011, 09:27 AM
this guy in my nieces boyfriend. Which I got told at Thanksgiving.....methinks she is in for some heartbreak come next fall. She is pretty, but she is a freshman in Sterling. He will be moving on....

Be careful...

She might just try to be his baby momma and then he wont be moving on too quickly...

buffaholic
12-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Plays at Niwot High School tonight at 7:30. 10 minutes north of Boulder

GoBuffs!!
12-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Plays at Niwot High School tonight at 7:30. 10 minutes north of Boulder

Too bad its conflicting with the Buffs game

buffaholic
12-09-2011, 11:38 PM
He's all of 6'2" and gave Niwot all they could handle. Niwot is pretty good this year and plays a high pressure defense and has a couple 6'5" guards that can jump and run. One will play college ball and the other is one of the top soccer players in the west and hasn't played basketball in awhile, but is agile and big and can defend. Talton had his way with them all game. Game was very close until the last minutes when Niwot starting fouling and it got away (8 points I think).

Talton is definitely a D1 player. He can jump. Missed on an alley-oop early, but he was well above the rim. Shows a very nice shot and touch, makes his free throws and is very athletic. Would like to see him against top AAU kids. Can't tell his ceiling, but he's a good player. Would play minutes RIGHT NOW in my opinion.

RK
12-10-2011, 12:26 AM
He's all of 6'2" and gave Niwot all they could handle. Niwot is pretty good this year and plays a high pressure defense and has a couple 6'5" guards that can jump and run. One will play college ball and the other is one of the top soccer players in the west and hasn't played basketball in awhile, but is agile and big and can defend. Talton had his way with them all game. Game was very close until the last minutes when Niwot starting fouling and it got away (8 points I think).

Talton is definitely a D1 player. He can jump. Missed on an alley-oop early, but he was well above the rim. Shows a very nice shot and touch, makes his free throws and is very athletic. Would like to see him against top AAU kids. Can't tell his ceiling, but he's a good player. Would play minutes RIGHT NOW in my opinion.

How much scoring did he do?

Hoops Fan
12-10-2011, 12:21 PM
How much scoring did he do? He got 23 against Niwot

buffaholic
12-11-2011, 09:57 AM
He's all of 6'2" because one of my son's friends is 6'1" and we were standing on the court after the game and their team came out of the dressing room and stood right next to us. He looks 5'9" on the court because of the way he moves. He is big enough to play PAC12 ball right now in terms of height/weight. He will need to adjust to better competition.

He got his points without really ever taking over the game. He took it over when he needed to with a few minutes left, but otherwise, he was looking to pass first I felt.

Could lose the Mohawk though.

FlatironsBuff
12-28-2011, 06:24 AM

Be careful...

She might just try to be his baby momma and then he wont be moving on too quickly...

Well this came back to bite me at Christmas. In front of everybody she announces "I saw what you wrote about me on Allbuffs Uncle FIB". So then I am scrambeling to remember what I wrote. Apparently he is a huge CU fan, reads the board here and looks to see what we are writing about him (good for all the people who want to piss and moan in recruits threads....what you write here can turn a recruit off on CU.) When he read that, he told her, and they had a good laugh.

Rugged
12-28-2011, 06:45 AM
Well this came back to bite me at Christmas. In front of everybody she announces "I saw what you wrote about me on Allbuffs Uncle FIB". So then I am scrambeling to remember what I wrote. Apparently he is a huge CU fan, reads the board here and looks to see what we are writing about him (good for all the people who want to piss and moan in recruits threads....what you write here can turn a recruit off on CU.) When he read that, he told her, and they had a good laugh.

Hilarious! Although now thanks to Goose, she has a bad idea in her head.

-- I'm a mother****ing internet Angel --

Burrito Palazzo
12-28-2011, 07:39 AM
That's hilarious. I guess Fibby's next up for a name change. Has anyone seen HotRack?

Rugged
12-28-2011, 07:41 AM
That's hilarious. I guess Fibby's next up for a name change. Has anyone seen HotRack?

The niece is a little young, no? Let's give it three years before we start asking for photo proof that she's pretty.

Burrito Palazzo
12-28-2011, 07:44 AM
The niece is a little young, no? Let's give it three years before we start asking for photo proof that she's pretty.You're a bad person. Rep.

tante
12-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Apparently he is a huge CU fan

I love it. We need guys who love the program to play here.

Goose
12-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Hilarious! Although now thanks to Goose, she has a bad idea in her head.

Wait, what did I do?

As for recruits reading this board, you guys would be surprised...

Darth Snow
12-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Well this came back to bite me at Christmas. In front of everybody she announces "I saw what you wrote about me on Allbuffs Uncle FIB". So then I am scrambeling to remember what I wrote. Apparently he is a huge CU fan, reads the board here and looks to see what we are writing about him (good for all the people who want to piss and moan in recruits threads....what you write here can turn a recruit off on CU.) When he read that, he told her, and they had a good laugh. ALLSOME. You are a hero.

Rugged
12-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Wait, what did I do?

Sorry, it was someone else who made the joke, not you. My bad: reading comprehension.

GoBuffs!!
12-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Be careful...

Sorry, it was someone else who made the joke, not you. My bad: reading comprehension.

Sorry about that

dyemeduke
12-28-2011, 09:49 PM

Yeah, I am surprised to a certain extent - I'm not surprised that they read the boards, but I am surprised that they care too much.

I fully admit that I was cautious with Scott when he came up, because we hadn't seem him compete against other top guys (he did well last summer though, so I'm on board). I also fully admit that I was probably one of the posters most questioning Talton's scholly offer. This doesn't mean that I don't think Talton has potential or I don't want him to contribute to CU. However, I personally would have done things differently if I was coach (e.g. spread out schollies, etc). I'm not TB though...obviously...so all I'm doing is coaching from my chair.

In my opinion, recruits should not care about me and my opinions. I'm an idiot that loves basketball, loves CU, and has an opinion every now and then. Xavier - if you're reading this, then take my cautious attitude towards you as motivation. Prove me and all other doubters wrong. Any recruit that reads our collective stupid opinions should do the exact same.

Rugged
12-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Dye, I'm with you for a lot of that post. I think we will have at least two, and very possibly three scholarships for next year. That's the difference in our thinking. The issue with this comes the year after because we don't have any 2012 seniors and I don't see anyone leaving for the NBA, so maybe only one if there is attrition. Not a big deal if the quality of 2012 and 2013 classes is what I expect.

RK
01-15-2012, 02:53 PM
@William_Whelan2012 Colorado signee Xavier Talton averaging 19 ppg, 8 rpg, 6apg at Sterling (CO). Top ranked team in 4A ball.

BehindEnemyLines
01-15-2012, 08:24 PM
@William_Whelan

2012 Colorado signee Xavier Talton averaging 19 ppg, 8 rpg, 6apg at Sterling (CO). Top ranked team in 4A ball.

noice!

Goose
01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Adam with a nice article (http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1319356) on Talton.

YngC
01-25-2012, 02:29 AM
Don't want to spam so I won't link it, but he are a few tidbits from the interview I did with Xavier tonight. Went and watched him play Erie.

I was definitely looking to come in and help a team, he said. I wanted to make the team known around the nation. (The 2012 class) want to put CU on the map and I know Boyle has done that. We want to continue that tradition.

Of course the biggest question with Xavier is, can he adjust to high-major basketball? Theres no doubt that playing against schools like Erie, Skyline and Fort Morgan will not prepare anyone for college ball. Talton even admits to taking the occasional rest.
Theres a couple of stretches where I get a little lazy and relax, he said. But I try not to do that too much. Its definitely going to be a transition. Im going to have to push myself more and consistently.

Sterling currently sits at the top of the Denver Post 4A poll at 14-0. Against Erie on Tuesday night, Talton recorded 13 points, seven assists, five rebounds and three blocks. Lazy and relaxed. Yeah, right.

SECOBuffsFan
01-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Its not like he has to produce next year...he will get a year working against Dinwiddie and Booker and should help him gage his weaknesses

Darth Snow
01-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Don't want to spam so I won't link it, but he are a few tidbits from the interview I did with Xavier tonight. Went and watched him play Erie.

“I was definitely looking to come in and help a team,” he said. “I wanted to make the team known around the nation. (The 2012 class) want to put CU on the map and I know Boyle has done that. We want to continue that tradition.”

Of course the biggest question with Xavier is, can he adjust to high-major basketball? There’s no doubt that playing against schools like Erie, Skyline and Fort Morgan will not prepare anyone for college ball. Talton even admits to taking the occasional rest.
“There’s a couple of stretches where I get a little lazy and relax,” he said. “But I try not to do that too much. It’s definitely going to be a transition. I’m going to have to push myself more and consistently.”

Sterling currently sits at the top of the Denver Post 4A poll at 14-0. Against Erie on Tuesday night, Talton recorded 13 points, seven assists, five rebounds and three blocks. Lazy and relaxed. Yeah, right. Don't be silly man. Cite your source. http://buffscoop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15226

btbuff
01-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Its not like he has to produce next year...he will get a year working against Dinwiddie and Booker and should help him gage his weaknesses
We loose our primary ballhandler in Nate. He may have to do contribute.

YngC
01-25-2012, 10:49 PM
For those who are local, Xavier will be playing Skyline of Longmont on Friday so it's a good chance to catch him play. I'll be there filming his game and will have some highlights up by Saturday morning on YouTube.

BehindEnemyLines
01-25-2012, 10:59 PM
That's a heckuva road trip.

YngC
01-25-2012, 11:07 PM
I believe this is the closest game he'll play to Denver for the rest of the year. Don't hold me to that though.

Goose
01-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Scout finally ranked him, giving him 3*.

MtnBuff
01-31-2012, 04:58 PM
I believe this is the closest game he'll play to Denver for the rest of the year. Don't hold me to that though.

You mean other than tourney on his way to the championship. :nod:

RK
02-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Xavier is now Sterling High School's all-time leading scorer.

BehindEnemyLines
02-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Congrats XT!

Buffnik
02-13-2012, 10:51 PM
:gobuffs:

FlatironsBuff
04-08-2012, 10:09 PM

Compared to Limon, Sterling ****ing rocks. I had easter lunch with family in Sterling today and Xavier was there since he is dating my niece. Then we went back, he was pushing Alex on the swongs then the nieces and boyfriends changed at home (across the street form the school) and then we played basketball for awhile. It was the shorter rims for grades school kids so it was pretty funny with everyone dunking and screwing around. Really, really nice kid. Showd him som vids form the flight simulators so he is going to come visit once I am back in a month or two (yes, BCS, you get to visit too).

Darth Snow
04-10-2012, 09:11 AM
#ThingsIDontLike (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23ThingsIDontLike) Losing. Ever.

from XT's twitter. I love that attitude.

Goose
07-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Thorburn on Talton (http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_20985646/mens-basketball-xavier-talton-could-be-cu-buffs).

I honestly don't expect to see much of him this year (he's the youngest of all of the freshmen and I think it might take him a RS year to really get things under control), but I think by his junior year we're going to be thrilled we landed him. I would call him the sleeper of the class, but I think Jenkins has stolen that title and is running away with it, but Talton's going to be a damn good player for us.