PDA

View Full Version : CU Golf Facilities

GoBuffs08
10-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Special Invitation to the George Boedecker CU Golf Facility Groundbreaking
University of Colorado Athletic Director Mike Bohn and Head Men's and Womenís Golf Coaches Roy Edwards and Anne Kelly cordially invite you to come celebrate the George Boedecker CU Golf Facility Groundbreaking at Colorado National Golf Club
Come preview the future site of this state-of-the-art practice facility for the CU menís and womenís golf teams. You will have the opportunity to visit with Athletic Director Mike Bohn, CU golf legend Hale Irwin, Colorado National Owner and CU Alum Steve Kerr, Coach Edwards, Coach Kelly and the CU menís and womenís golf teams.

Monday, October 24, 2011
Program begins at 3 p.m. at Colorado National Golf Club, 2700 Vista Parkway, Erie, Colo.
Light refreshments provided.
GO BUFFS!

buff4bcs1985
10-19-2011, 04:23 PM
nice... golf gets a facility before football :lol: all joking aside... looks and sounds top notch

GregInArlington
10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
This is great! It will be nice to be able to hit balls to the range from the indoor bays on cold winter days

GregInArlington
10-19-2011, 05:30 PM
This is great! It will be nice to be able to hit balls to the range from the indoor bays on cold winter days

dammit, that reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sojhjp5y8ZM

boulder77
10-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Not that I'm complaining ........... but it looks like a Jiffy Lube to me!!

tante
10-21-2011, 10:13 PM

thanks I was wondering why they were building a firestone auto garage and calling it a golf facility.

MiamiBuffs
10-23-2011, 03:06 PM
thanks I was wondering why they were building a firestone auto garage and calling it a golf facility.

In case they have to sell it.

FChairbanks
10-23-2011, 04:15 PM
ha ha ha...you ****ers better not be ****ing laughing when we kick ass on the rest of the pac-12 in golf before we even sniff a conference championship in football.

enjoy what we have assholes.

Buffnik
10-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Having a home course and good golf facilities is about more than building winners in golf. These programs have been as much or more about giving the CU AD a great venue to do fund raising. In case people haven't noticed, rich dudes like to golf.

FChairbanks
10-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Having a home course and good golf facilities is about more than building winners in golf. These programs have been as much or more about giving the CU AD a great venue to do fund raising. In case people haven't noticed, rich dudes like to golf.

heh...people around here are pretty clueless...

tante
10-23-2011, 04:28 PM
ha ha ha...you ****ers better not be ****ing laughing when we kick ass on the rest of the pac-12 in golf before we even sniff a conference championship in football.

enjoy what we have assholes.

yeah what is wrong with us. They build a practice bubble and we complain because it is not permanent. So they build a nice permanent golf facility and we complain because it looks like a jiffy lube. We are like the philly fans of college football.

FChairbanks
10-23-2011, 04:33 PM
yeah what is wrong with us. They build a practice bubble and we complain because it is not permanent. So they build a nice permanent golf facility and we complain because it looks like a jiffy lube. We are like the philly fans of college football.

more like the cleveland fans...

Mick Ronson
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
even in the Big 8 and then XII, until the acquisition of the now named Colorado National GC, CU was the only program in each respective conference without it's own golf course. talk about an uneven playing field. teams like OSU and OU were playing regularly at courses that have hosted majors (Southern Hills, Oak Tree) in addition to their home courses that host USGA Amateur events and USGA qualifiers. CU was playing at Boulder CC which is decent country club course but nothing special. even Tech built a highly regarded course in the last half-decade.

DBT
10-29-2011, 11:29 AM
My son played Colorado National toward the end of the summer. He gave it bad reviews, sorry to say. The greens were horrible. Very pitted.

Buffnik
10-29-2011, 01:13 PM
My son played Colorado National toward the end of the summer. He gave it bad reviews, sorry to say. The greens were horrible. Very pitted.

I've played there and thought it was a gorgeous course. Really difficult for a Colorado course if you play from the pro tees.

HotRack
10-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Hope to be playing there next weekend after we beat U$C!

TimmyDUBs
10-30-2011, 03:09 AM

Wait a minute. Are you implying that a part of building this thing is luring donors?? It sounds ridiculous to me, but I am honestly wondering if that is possible

RK
11-03-2011, 04:17 PM

I love the course and if you play on a weekday after 3 you can play 18 with a cart for 24 bucks. Best deal around IMO