Published on 07-14-2014 01:49 PM
Some attrition is healthy for a football program, just as some unemployment is good for an economy.
You've got to keep things fresh and competitive. People can't ever get too comfortable. Sometimes it's not the best fit for a person. In those cases (like as an employer when someone is fired or resigns), it's often the best for both parties that they parted ways.
So, we don't want zero attrition.
Tad Boyle hasn't had zero attrition. Not even counting NBA draft entrants, about half a roster worth of guys have left his program before their CU eligibility was exhausted. It's been healthy.
That said, let's look at the roster that MacIntyre inherited and how many of these players completed their eligibility at CU.
2012 Roster (Scholarship Roster):
1. Donta Abron (RB) - still on team
2. David Bakhtiari (OL) - early Draft entrant
3. Jered Bell (DB) - still on team
4. Nate Bonsu (DL) - exhausted eligibility
5. Keenan Canty (WR) - graduated / transferred with eligibility remaining
6. Justin Castor (K) - exhausted eligibility
7. Brad Cotner (OL) - still