Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maurice Purify cited for drunk driving

Maurice Purify cited for drunk driving

Don't know if this is a repost. Don't really care. I wonder what his "punishment" will be?

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pag...&u_sid=2398642

LINCOLN - Nebraska receiver Maurice Purify was cited early Friday on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Deb Collins, public information coordinator for the Nebraska State Patrol, said Purify was stopped near North 1st Street and Cornhusker Highway in Lincoln. According to Collins, Purify was pulled over around 12:25 a.m. for speeding and failure to signal a turn.

No blood-alcohol level was released for Purify, 21, from Eureka, Calif.

Five weeks ago, Purify was involved in an incident at a Lincoln bar that led to charges of assault, failure to comply, resisting arrest and trespassing. Purify was believed to be headed for a pre-trial diversion program for that legal matter, and wasn't required to be in Lancaster County Court on Thursday for his scheduled arraignment.

It is not immediately known if the DUI charge would violate that agreement.

Purify is an All-Big 12 candidate who ranked as the Huskers' second-leading receiver last season, catching 34 passes for 630 yards and seven touchdowns. His last-second 9-yard TD catch on a Zac Taylor pass at Texas A&M gave NU a 28-27 lead.

FTW

Re: Maurice Purify cited for drunk driving

Quote Originally Posted by Saulbadguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know if this is a repost. Don't really care. I wonder what his "punishment" will be?
    slash must be taking recruiting tips from dr tom

Well, it appears that the young man has made some very poor decisions. The first being going to kNu in the first place.

Ambitious but rubbish. absinthe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

frequently a move like this occurring during a probationary period will void the pre-trial diversion and re-intate the charges, I doubt that will happen in husker land.

$10 say he gets of lighter than Paris.
    "Don't argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
    ENTJ

He must have left his NU Football Player Get Out of Jail Free card at home.

Seriously, though, this is too bad for the kid. He needs to get his **** together. He's got a great opportunity and is quickly throwing it away.

I'm sorry, if he's not kicked off the team after this, I'll be SHOCKED and will lose what little respect I had left for Callahan.

Boot his ass Cally!

Colorado Buffaloes Fan SuperiorBuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drew6236 View Post
    I'm sorry, if he's not kicked off the team after this, I'll be SHOCKED and will lose what little respect I had left for Callahan.

Boot his ass Cally!
    I wouldn't shock me at all. Appalled yes but not shocked.

Kid needs to stop making bad decisions, could be a great NFL player someday, these choices are not gonna get him there.

If I were Cally I would seriously look into some major suspension or even kick off the team.

Has been suspended indefinitely, and should be kicked off the team.IMO!

Blog Entries

What a dumbass.

This is one of those deals where it appears on the surface, and I'm just speculating here, but it appears Mo has some sort of an alcohol dependency. It is at this point that I start to worry about the kid as a person and not as a football player. It's really hard to be on the side of keeping him on the team, but I can't help but wonder right now if that is th ebest thing for Mo. I mean what is this kid's life going to be without the structure of football, and I really don't think he can pay his own way to finish and get his degree.

This is just really a difficult situation to be in if you're Callahan. I'm glad I'm not him right now.

~Dusty

Quote Originally Posted by DustyRhodes View Post
    This is one of those deals where it appears on the surface, and I'm just speculating here, but it appears Mo has some sort of an alcohol dependency. It is at this point that I start to worry about the kid as a person and not as a football player. It's really hard to be on the side of keeping him on the team, but I can't help but wonder right now if that is th ebest thing for Mo. I mean what is this kid's life going to be without the structure of football, and I really don't think he can pay his own way to finish and get his degree.

This is just really a difficult situation to be in if you're Callahan. I'm glad I'm not him right now.

~Dusty
    Sorry, but I gotta call bull**** on this one. Keeping him on the team because to cut him loose would cause unrelenting and irreversable damage to his psyche is the biggest copout I can think of. The sooner he figures out that there are consequences for his actions, the better off he'll be in the long run. I would argue that kicking him off the team would be the best thing for him. I don't think Cally's decision is all that difficult when you look at it from that point of view. Kick him off the team, let him stay on scholarship (kind of like what our B-Ball coach did with a few players recently), and refer him to the school's mental health professionals.
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Do not argue with Sackman, world traveler, American, knower of all.

Colorado Buffaloes Fan Waylon Van Smack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sackman View Post
    Sorry, but I gotta call bull**** on this one. Keeping him on the team because to cut him loose would cause unrelenting and irreversable damage to his psyche is the biggest copout I can think of. The sooner he figures out that there are consequences for his actions, the better off he'll be in the long run. I would argue that kicking him off the team would be the best thing for him. I don't think Cally's decision is all that difficult when you look at it from that point of view. Kick him off the team, let him stay on scholarship (kind of like what our B-Ball coach did with a few players recently), and refer him to the school's mental health professionals.
    I might be wrong, but me thinks ol' Dusty might be baiting you with the TO reason to keep Larry Phillips..... just a hunch.

Colorado Buffaloes Fan Waylon Van Smack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Cop View Post
    Has been suspended indefinitely, and should be kicked off the team.IMO!

Math - how does it work? Buffarino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sackman View Post
    I don't know if Dusty was jerking your chain or not, but I agree. He'll be much better off later in life if he learns this the hard way.

Good judgment is often learned through experiences and bad judgment.

Texas can eat a taint-flavored lollipop.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

maurice purify kicked off nebraska

SEO Blog