Talented as the subject may be, I cannot support the first of what I can only assume will be many "Magic" themed songs about Taylor Martinez.
B.O.B. can't be happy about this.
- Kansas defensive coordinator Carl Torbush says his unit needs some better players, reports J. Brady McCollough of the Kansas City Star.
- Missouri's Telephone Trophy with Iowa State was named one of sports' lamest trophies by Page 2's Patrick Rhuby. Lame as it may be, I must say, it has its charms.
- Iowa State defensive coordinator Wally Burnham is keeping things simple for his players, writes Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register.
- Kansas State coach Bill Snyder addresses the loss of starting receiver Brodrick Smith, reports Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Oklahoma doesn't have a coach who oversees the kickers, but it isn't the only one, writes Mike Baldwin of The Oklahoman.
- Garrett Gilbert has impressed the Nebraska defense, writes Suzanne Halliburton of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Kansas State needs Daniel Thomas to get back in stride, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Texas is prepping for Nebraska's dangerous running game, writes the Austin American-Statesman's Randy Riggs.
- There's a new generation of triplets at Oklahoma State, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- A site based in Nebraska used an upside-down Longhorn logo, prompting the Texas trademark police into action, reports John Maher of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Texas Tech got the win on Saturday, but there's still plenty to work on, writes Dwain Price of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Being pulled in Saturday's 26-0 loss to Missouri has Colorado quarterback Tyler Hansen frustrated, reports Kyle Ringo of the Boulder Daily Camera.
- Texas Tech running back Baron Batch talks about the win over Baylor, not comparing himself to others, and why you shouldn't watch Jersey Shore in his latest journal entry for the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.