Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: '13 WA QB Sefo Liufau (Signed to Colorado)

Did you see that Bleacher report headline that Liufau signing with the Buffs was shocking.

bleacherreport.com under recruiting updates,It,s not a bad article it's just the headline that gets me a bit.

Colorado Buffaloes Fan
    I don't know if this was reported(too lazy to look back) But, Sefo is techinically the best QB in the nation for 2013 recruiting class. "
    Named the top QB at the U.S. Army National Underclassman Combine in January 2012."- SCOUT (
    http://colorado.scout.com/a.z?s=148&p=8&c=1&nid=5215526 )

Quote Originally Posted by FLbuff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if this was reported(too lazy to look back) But, Sefo is techinically the best QB in the nation for 2013 recruiting class. "
    Named the top QB at the U.S. Army National Underclassman Combine in January 2012."- SCOUT (
    http://colorado.scout.com/a.z?s=148&p=8&c=1&nid=5215526 )
    Slightly worried that we are still listed as his only offer, but still excited.

I can actually see him not getting many more offers unless he goes to some more national camps and such. UW might eventually offer along with WSU, but all 4 Cali schools already have QBs. Oregon and Arizona aren't going to offer (he doesn't fit there). Even Boise already has their QB this cycle. I can see him ending up just getting offers from Oregon State and Arizona State outside of any possible in state offers.

Either way, offers aren't a good judge in this case imo. Like BB said earlier in the thread, the coaches thought this kid was one of the best on their board. They offered early and got a commit. That's all that really matters.

Club Member
    The offers shouldn't be a concern at all at this point. As nik mentioned, we really outrecruited some of our conference competition by identifying and prioritizing a kid who was under the radar early on. Had the staff waited at all, I'm pretty sure we'd be in a dogfight with 4 or 5 other Pac-12 schools, potentially including a couple of conference heavyweights.

Offers only matter when it benefits us. With that said, I'm not worried

Like Clay Norgard and Tyler Henington, he might check out from the recruiting process and focus on his seniour year. No need to talk to coaches that call and court offers.

Quote Originally Posted by sliderNcider View Post
    Offers only matter when it benefits us. With that said, I'm not worried
    Don't even start.

Anyway, no offers in April is not that concerning, but that outlook changes 2-3 months down the road.
    Everybody hates you, Everybody wishes that you were dead
    Cuz Peter you suck, Peter you suck
    Peter your music is ****ing terrible
    Peter you suck, Peter you suck
    Peter you don't do anything of value, Peter you suck
    Write some music but instead you sit and write these bulls**t songs
    It's so self loathing go see a psychiatrist
    I hate the psychiatrist
    Well go see one anyway
    I don't like the psychiatrist
    You need to go see one
    See a psychiatrist
    I'm not going

Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Buff View Post
    Don't even start.

Anyway, no offers in April is not that concerning, but that outlook changes 2-3 months down the road.
    I'm surprised to hear that BB. The kid attended the U.S. Army National Combine - one of the top attended showcases for talent that there is for college coaches. And seemingly did well. He plays for a pretty high profile program in HS. His team went something like 12-1 last year, no? This kid didn't just fall off the turnip truck. He was visible enough to get rated by Rivals before he had any offers.

Going thru the Rivals database, the other 4 star kids all have 8 or more offers with the exception of one kid with 4 mid-major offers.

In fact, in looking at the 3-star rated QBs at 5.6 and above they almost all have 3 offers, mostly 3 or more BCS offers.

I don't see it as likely that he is under the radar, given his Rivals ranking and all those coaches at the US Army. More likely, there's something CU & the Rivals Analyst sees that others don't see at this point. In my years of following this, that is VERY unusual, April or not. Do kids emerge late and get big offers? Sure. But it's pretty rare for a kid ranked by Rivals in the top 15 in his position to be in that situation. Something is up here besides lack of exposure.

With that said, I love this kid's film and I'm not disparaging the offer/commitment. I just don't think we can pass this off as "normal". It's unusual.

Who the **** cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    No one should ever listen to me in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by buffaholic View Post
    I'm surprised to hear that BB. The kid attended the U.S. Army National Combine - one of the top attended showcases for talent that there is for college coaches. And seemingly did well. He plays for a pretty high profile program in HS. His team went something like 12-1 last year, no? This kid didn't just fall off the turnip truck. He was visible enough to get rated by Rivals before he had any offers.

Going thru the Rivals database, the other 4 star kids all have 8 or more offers with the exception of one kid with 4 mid-major offers.

In fact, in looking at the 3-star rated QBs at 5.6 and above they almost all have 3 offers, mostly 3 or more BCS offers.

I don't see it as likely that he is under the radar, given his Rivals ranking and all those coaches at the US Army. More likely, there's something CU & the Rivals Analyst sees that others don't see at this point. In my years of following this, that is VERY unusual, April or not. Do kids emerge late and get big offers? Sure. But it's pretty rare for a kid ranked by Rivals in the top 15 in his position to be in that situation. Something is up here besides lack of exposure.

With that said, I love this kid's film and I'm not disparaging the offer/commitment. I just don't think we can pass this off as "normal". It's unusual.
    I agree that it is an odd situation, it just does not overly concern me. Scherer has been pretty stingy with QB offers when he has actually had time to evaluate them (15 offers combined in the 2012 and 2013 classes). So the coaches like him quite a bit, which is enough for me in April.

The more concerning issues would start to arise in the summer/fall when guys we offered just as early or earlier than Liufau commit elsewhere. One thing that will interesting to follow in this class is how many battles we win against PAC-12 teams. Liufau might eventually fall into category, but guys off the top of my head that clearly fall into this category:

-Dane Crane
    -Sean Harlow
    -Cameron Hunt
    -Terrell Newby (not entirely sure on the situation here)
    -Alex Redmond
    -Xavier Shepherd
    -Derek Babiash
    -Dashon Hunt
    -Connor O'Brien
    -Kenneth Clark

Some of these players need to ultimately sign with us or we have moved down the list to other prospects, which is not good. Plus we will likely be playing against them in the coming years.

Offers are self reported, no? It's entirely possible that he has gotten lots of interest, and maybe even some offers that he's just not reporting.
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Do not argue with Sackman, world traveler, American, knower of all.

Quote Originally Posted by sackman View Post
    Offers are self reported, no? It's entirely possible that he has gotten lots of interest, and maybe even some offers that he's just not reporting.
    I'm betting that this is the case. Most likely he decided on being a Buff and may have just told other schools don't bother. The ones that have indicated that they would offer he has either flat out rejected or simply hasn't bothered to report.

Different situation but last year Norgard's profile showed few other offers. He could have had plenty if he had opened up to other schools but he wasn't interested.

Quote Originally Posted by sackman View Post
    I would be very surprised if this was the case.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

sefo liufau colorado

sefo liufau espn

sefo Liufau allbuff

calvin chandler bellarmine

sefo liufau buffs forum

nick hirschman

sefo liufau all buff