Thread: Interesting Bracketology Note...

Interesting Bracketology Note...

Just did some quick research on teams getting into the NCAA with sub-.500 conference records (including their conference tournament).

Last year's field only consisted of 2 teams with such a flaw... Villanova (RPI: 38) and Illinois (RPI: 48). Interestingly, both were seeded as 9 seeds in the tournament. There were quite a few tournament teams with .500 records or slightly above .500, so thought that was an interesting distinction.

Bracketology updates would suggest that there are at LEAST 7 teams getting consideration for the bubble which would fall into this category currently...

Illinois
    Minnesota
    Northwestern
    Connecticut
    Seton Hall
    Mississippi (probably out)
    Wyoming (probably out)

Just thought that was interesting and will be interested to find out if this year's committee breaks the trend on these such teams being left out of the field.

Blog Entries
    I've been wondering about this. If the committee gives it a lot of consideration, that's the Pac-12's path to 3 bids.

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. - Alex Levine

Colorado Buffaloes Fan SECOBuffsFan's Avatar
    Of that group, I think only UConn and Illinois get in as of right now....I don't care how good the Big 10 is ranked...a 5 or 6 win conference team does not deserve to get in the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by SECOBuffsFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of that group, I think only UConn and Illinois get in as of right now....I don't care how good the Big 10 is ranked...a 5 or 6 win conference team does not deserve to get in the tournament
    Illinois is an absolute mess.

Blog Entries
    Not sure Weber survives this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure Weber survives this season.
    I agree. He gave up on winning, his team gave up on him, and Illini fans have seen enough. With the new AD in place, unless they go on a crazy run, he's gone.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog