Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chance Andre Leaves after his Junior year for the NBA.

Chance Andre Leaves after his Junior year for the NBA.

I have been looking at the 2013 NBA mock draft on NBADRAFT.NET and keep seeing Andre go up and down in the Lottery. I hope he stays until his senior year, but what are the chances he takes the chances of becoming our next lottery pick. Also if he does so, would the outcome ultimately hurt or help our recruiting/team in the following year. It would open up a second scholarship for next year, maybe helping us to not only sign a PG/SG such as Hamilton but also a postman such as Torren Jones. Just seeing what your thoughts were.

Blog Entries
    nvm
    Last edited by buff4bcs1985; 02-29-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BCS is the voice of reason.
    Sacky's reaction to a text alerting him to Embree's dismissal.
    Quote Originally Posted by sackman
    I will rip your lungs out if this isnt true.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiBUFF View Post
    I have been looking at the 2013 NBA mock draft on NBADRAFT.NET and keep seeing Andre go up and down in the Lottery. I hope he stays until his senior year, but what are the chances he takes the chances of becoming our next lottery pick. Also if he does so, would the outcome ultimately hurt or help our recruiting/team in the following year. It would open up a second scholarship for next year, maybe helping us to not only sign a PG/SG such as Hamilton but also a postman such as Torren Jones. Just seeing what your thoughts were.
    It would absolutely hurt the team. Not very many people can get to the ball like Dre, the rebounding and blocks he brings to this team are priceless. IMO even if we got a top 50 scorer we wouldn't be better off.

One thing that I think we are going to have to start getting used to around here is that, the type of guys boyle is bringing in are talented. very talented. I dont think we have any one and done guys yet but it could be that way. We have got to start learning how this reload thing works with our basketball team. Tad is not just building a strong program, if it keeps up this way, we will be a great program before too long. The way fan support is exploding, AD support is exploding, attention is exploding, CU admin is backing this finally as well, and the amount of talent on our roster is about to jump to a level we may have only seen once in the history of this program. Get used to people leaving early. Get used to the heartache and the what if's when it happens, but be ready to embrace and be excited for the talent that will be coming the next season.

This is going to be fun to learn.

I just wish we had a baseball team to take away some of the anxiety that lasts from april until august without anyother sports going on

Colorado Buffaloes Fan Bone Buff's Avatar
    As long as current rules stay the way they are, people leaving early is something we'll have to deal with.

Andre's been projected as a early lottery pick for at least a year now, (I've seen him as high as #3 at one point), I can't imagine he'll stay after next year.

Club Member
    I think there's a really good chance he'll be gone after next year. And that will hurt the 2013 team without an immediate lift to recruiting. Unfortunately, by the time early entries declare, it's well into the spring and most of the top talent has already signed. I'll guarantee the staff is already preparing for him to leave, though, so they'll be ready if/when it happens.

I hope for both the Buffs and Andre's sake he stays the extra year. He is certainly a gifted athlete who would be interesting to the league as a rebounder and a guy who can defend the 3, including the more physical 3's that you see on the pro level.

On the other side as good as he is at certain elements of the game Andre is far from ready offensively. An extra year with quality coaching and playing at the college level could let him develop an offensive game that would take him from a role player in the NBA to a potential starter. He simply doesn't have the offensive game right now to be a full-time player in the pros.

As much as I would like him to stick around it is hard to pass up the money that the NBA offers. I also look at Andre's deficiencies and see player in the NBA who have more glaring weaknesses than he does. Makes for a tough choice on his part.

If he leaves he will be missed. We have recruits coming in that are superior to what we have been used to around here for past years but Dre' is a special player. His intensity as a rebounder along with his overall athleticism make him a game changer. We can project recruits but Andre has shown it and been the difference in a number of games for us.

Blog Entries
    I'm sure that the feedback from NBA scouts is that he needs to develop a more consistent offensive game. If that happens next year, I'd expect him to go get paid. As long as the player is a lottery pick I agree with the decision to leave early.

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. - Alex Levine

Not until he can develop an outside shot/offensive game besides layups. Until then he'll be a shorter Chris Anderson imo

Just dreaming a bit, but has CU ever had four players in the NBA at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Do not argue with Sackman, world traveler, American, knower of all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sackman View Post
    Just dreaming a bit, but has CU ever had four players in the NBA at the same time?
    Jim Creighton, Cliff Meely, Scott Wedman and Chuck Williams overlapped in 1975.

Joe Cooper, Jay Humphries, Alex Stivrins and Scott Wedman overlapped in 1985.

Chauncey Billups, Donnie Boyce, Matt Bullard and Jay Humphries overlapped in 1995.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.d...&DB_OEM_ID=600

20-0-1 vs. the Big 8 Darian3Hagan's Avatar
    And Jay Humphries and Jay Humphries overlapped in 1995.
    2002: last time CU finished the season ranked
    2005: last winning season
    2007: last bowl game

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian3Hagan View Post
    And Jay Humphries and Jay Humphries overlapped in 1995.
    Good quote. One of those Jay Humphries was supposed to be Matt Bullard.

Chauncey wasn't in the NBA til 97'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sliderNcider View Post
    Chauncey wasn't in the NBA til 97'
    You're right. I'll delete 1995.

Visitors found this page by searching for: