Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2013 schollies / Ben Mills Update

Scholarships are 1 year commitments, but per Tad Boyle's front page article, he's going to honor the full term.

Ah, but what is a full term?

In my mind it's 4 years folks, not 5. It's a shame that Sharpe tore up his knee, but he got the best medical care money could buy plus he will get 4 years of free school, plus at least 4 (if not 5) full summers of summer school.

The fact that he has another year of eligibility doesn't mean Tad should feel compelled to tie up the scholarship for a 5th unproductive year.

So I count three. Little to no chance 'Dre returns. Zero chance Sharpe returns. And Mills will transfer over the summer to where he can contribute. Everyone should be happy.

The 5th year is clearly not considered part of the commitment. Sharpe will have a 5th year to do a grad transfer year if he wants, but I can't see him doing a 5th year at CU while sitting on the bench for every meaningful minute in years 3 and 4.

Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a sensible discussion is on average 20/100. Heck if you don't agree with me, you are dumb argument. bigbang2's Avatar
    You are right, 2 or 3 maybe more scholarships available next year, good post, allows for good discussion, not childish attacks.
    rep
    Last edited by bigbang2; 05-04-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buffaholic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scholarships are 1 year commitments, but per Tad Boyle's front page article, he's going to honor the full term.

In my mind it's 4 years folks, not 5. It's a shame that Sharpe tore up his knee, but he got the best medical care money could buy plus he will get 4 years of free school, plus at least 4 (if not 5) full summers of summer school.

The fact that he has another year of eligibility doesn't mean Tad should feel compelled to tie up the scholarship for a 5th unproductive year.

So I count three. Little to no chance 'Dre returns. Zero chance Sharpe returns. And Mills will transfer over the summer to where he can contribute. Everyone should be happy.

The 5th year is clearly not considered part of the commitment. Sharpe will have a 5th year to do a grad transfer year if he wants, but I can't see him doing a 5th year at CU while sitting on the bench for every meaningful minute in years 3 and 4.
    Nailed it. Excellent point.

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. - Alex Levine

Excellent summary buffaholic.

Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buffaholic View Post

Agreed, and that's why I asked the question earlier. I pretty much expect the staff to take two in November, assuming mills dose transfer, then continue to pursue whoever is left on the board so they can sign one more if/when Dre leaves.

What do you guys think the odds are the Mills transfers?

Colorado Buffaloes Fan BuffLife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alec10burks View Post
    What do you guys think the odds are the Mills transfers?
    80-20

Visitors found this page by searching for:

ben mills transfer

ben mills colorado transfer

ben mills basketball

ben mills colorado

ben millswill sharpe and mills transferben mills transfersben mills leaves Coloradocolorado transfer ben mills
SEO Blog