I watched most of the 1st half of the state championship game. Thoughts are:
- Lots of room to add weight.
- VERY quick feet. The first Columbine TD comes on a quick pitch outside where JL has to pull into the alley. 2 defenders vs. JL and the HB and they made nice moves/blocks on the way to the end zone. It's at minute 57 of the stream.
- Has some nice drive blocking ability already. Hell, that's all Columbine does is run counter, power and iso plays up the middle.
- In terms of blocking, he has a variety that he's already used in HS which will help him on the next level including down blocks, dbl teams, pulling, quick pitch kick out plays and ISO blocks. It will fit nicely with the run offense we would like to implement.
- Can play all five spots on the line. I see him as a quick or LG. Could play LT but pass blocking will need to be repetitiously taught to him. Not much experience with that yet.
- His technique is not great.
- Needs to use his hands better. Right now he's a shoulder blocker... a feeler. If he used his shoulder ripped and got his hands in there he could get more definitive space for the ball carrier and the hole. It's fairly easy to learn.
Overall, the kid has talent. It's pretty obvious to see.
Slim with height and grades? Anyone remember Jim Hansen? Been a while since we had a Rhodes Scholar...
Welcome to the Black-n-Gold, young man!
We should have listened to Colorado fans.
Berti & west both came to CU tall and lanky. Both left to the NFL over 300.
Like it when Buffs players are unranked because Rivals and Scout can't drop them any lower
Good film. I can see what the coaches liked about him vs some of the other in state kids. Still tough to call, but obviously there is potential there.
Just stay out of my way... or you'll pay! LISTEN to what I say!
Possible grey shirt candidate.