Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pac 12 network / direct tv

Ambitious but rubbish.
    Blog Entries

Pac 12 network / direct tv

Looking at Jon Wilner's article this is not looking good. Sounds like we may not get the local station at all based on the Direct TV CEo's previous comments, here in Denver that means internet at 1/4th the speed of comcast and no pac-12 network for most of us.

Anyone else as serious as i am getting about dropping Direct TV, or got any back up ideas?
    "Don't argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
    ENTJ

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Anyone else as serious as i am getting about dropping Direct TV, or got any back up ideas?
    http://blogs.mercurynews.com/college...tomer-support/

4) DirecTV and Dish subscribers should not start to panic until itís Aug. 29 and thereís no deal.
    Its July 20th. Not concerned.

Self Moderator
    Yes. Especially since my 2 year deal is up in about a month, & I'm sick of not being able to watch comedy central the last couple of weeks.

My backup is to go back to Comcast, which sucks, since I switched to direct tv because I'd had enough of Comcast.

20-0-1 vs. the Big 8
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonieBuff View Post
    Yes. Especially since my 2 year deal is up in about a month, & I'm sick of not being able to watch comedy central the last couple of weeks.

My backup is to go back to Comcast, which sucks, since I switched to direct tv because I'd had enough of Comcast.
    I shudder at the thought of having Comcast.
    2002: last time CU finished the season ranked
    2005: last winning season
    2007: last bowl game

Self Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonieBuff View Post

Funny. Right after I typed this, I read an email from direct tv that they reached a deal with Viacom. Hopefully this opens the door to working out a PAC 12 channel deal.

Club Member
    According to an article in today's Denver Post, Direct TV, Dish, and AT&T are all in negotiations with the P-12 to carry their network. As they say, It's all about the $$$$

Colorado Buffaloes Fan
    Blog Entries
    I hope they can pull it together. I had a crapton of B1G games on dish last year, what's a few more channels in the 400s to them if I can watch CU vs Sac state. I wasn't going to watch purdue play new Hampshire A&I that Saturday anyway.

Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBuff View Post
    This. DTV and the Pac network will come to an agreement.

Coffee Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBuff View Post
    This. DTV and the Pac network will come to an agreement.
    I would hope DTV is aware of how many subscribers would be impacted by not carrying the Pac.

Sports fans and more specifically college football/basketball fans are extremely loyal to thier teams and alma maters.
    "Most of the people I admire, they usually smell funny and don't get out much. It's true. Most of them are either dead or not feeling well." ...Tom Waits

Club Member
    DirecTV had the frick'in MWC Network. They will have the Pac 12 Network.

Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffellow85 View Post
    I would hope DTV is aware of how many subscribers would be impacted by not carrying the Pac.

Sports fans and more specifically college football/basketball fans are extremely loyal to thier teams and alma maters.
    I'm sure they're aware of how many subscribers this would cost them, and that's why I have very little doubt that a deal will get done. Also, the Pac doesn't want their network to not end up on a major provider like DTV, so they'll get it done.

Sally
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBuff View Post
    I'm sure they're aware of how many subscribers this would cost them, and that's why I have very little doubt that a deal will get done. Also, the Pac doesn't want their network to not end up on a major provider like DTV, so they'll get it done.
    If I'm reading what Wilner wrote correctly, there's more to this than DTV signing on. To get the internet access you have to have broadband AND cable providers that are under contract with the P12. I don't know how many people are like me and have DTV bundled with Century Link for broadband(I assume a lot, since that's who bundles DTV in Colorado), but as I understand it even if DTV signs on I won't be able to access the online content unless Century Link gets on board as well. That sucks.
    Dats only in da mo-nin

"Living the dream...."

ENTP

Ambitious but rubbish.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wsp4820 View Post
    If I'm reading what Wilner wrote correctly, there's more to this than DTV signing on. To get the internet access you have to have broadband AND cable providers that are under contract with the P12. I don't know how many people are like me and have DTV bundled with Century Link for broadband(I assume a lot, since that's who bundles DTV in Colorado), but as I understand it even if DTV signs on I won't be able to access the online content unless Century Link gets on board as well. That sucks.
    That is how I read the article as well, the risk of no internet streaming combined the with 9mbs for CL Internet at my house vs 40mbps from Comcast is giving me pause. I called CL about it yesterday but they couldnt answer me clearly on how they plan to participate/enable pac-12 coverage.

Colorado Buffaloes Fan
    That is how I read the article as well, the risk of no internet streaming combined the with 9mbs for CL Internet at my house vs 40mbps from Comcast is giving me pause. I called CL about it yesterday but they couldnt answer me clearly on how they plan to participate/enable pac-12 coverage.
    My reading of this is that DirecTV is the broadcast partner in your scenario. I.E., if you have broadband, you have to prove you have a subscription to DirectV at the tier that carries the PAC12 network.

Club Member
    I had Dish. I now have DTV. Not sure how Dish is now, but, at the time, DTV was a huge upgrade. I could see playing the "if you don't pick up the PAC, I'll drop you" card. But that would be an idle threat. I would suggest sending a letter or email though.

http://support.directv.com/app/ask

This is my email message I sent them:

"I understand the dynamics of how contracts work in your business. I hope you and the PAC come to an agreement. My subscription with you is highly sports based. I am a season ticket holder with the University of Colorado. Being able to follow CU on television is a high priority for me. If DTV does not carry the PAC12 network and another provider does, I will certainly consider changing providers. As you are aware, I am a LONG time DTV subscriber, love DTV and do not want to change. But I will if you do not pick up the PAC12 network. Thanks."
    Last edited by DBT; 07-21-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

pac 12 network direct tv

direct tv pac 12 network channel

pac 12 network 2012 direct tv

direct tv and pac 12 network

direct tv pac 12 channel

what channel is pac 12 on direct tv

does direct tv have pac 12 network

Pac 12 channel on direct tv

pac 12 network directvPAC 12 network and direct tvpac 12 network 2012 on direct tvpac 12 network on direct tvpac12 network direct tvwhat channel is the pac 12 network on direct tvdirectv pac 12 networkpac 12 direct tvPac 12 on Direct TVwhat channel is pac-12 network on direct tvpac12 channel on Direct tvwhat channel is the pac 12 on direct tvis the pac 12 network on direct tvdirect tv and pac 12directv and pac 12 networkPAC 12 AND DIRECT TVPac 12 Network channel on Direct tv
SEO Blog