Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i'm officially out of hope

i'm officially out of hope

there is absolutely no reason to believe that CU football will ever be relevant again, let alone "good."

actions speak louder than words (although even the words coming from the CU leadership are discouraging).

CU does not have a commitment to win.

as long as that is true, there is no point in donating, supporting, or following this. why should i care if they don't care? why should i hope for miracles when they won't even put some basic foundational stuff in place to give us a chance to be competitive?

This just in from the administrative offices at the University of Colorado:

Just stay out of my way... or you'll pay! LISTEN to what I say!

thanks for that ^ one bright spot on the crappy Friday. I really think we have not seen the bottom of this mine yet...This summer we will see players transferring out and I believe some of these committed recruits are going to change and not come to CU...do not blame any of them one bit...CU sucks and does not care to go along with really bad coaching...truth hurts

thoroughly unhelpful Burrito Palazzo's Avatar
    I don't know what that means, but I watched it 4 times.
    Felt wrong not to swing.-Merrill

Colorado Buffaloes Fan Tatanka™'s Avatar
    I'm no fair weather fan. Hell, I still watched almost every Nuggets game during the Westhead disaster and the Bill Hanzlik 11-71 season. But I must say, I've had enough of the losing. It's just been too many years of atrocious coaching with no end in sight. I'm done with CU football until they give me a reason to watch again. Hell, they don't have to be a bowl team every year. Just don't get embarrassed almost every week and I'll watch. I have better things to do than watch 30+ point blowouts.

I think that the worst part of this all is realizing that we're now even more in the hole than after Hawk left.

It's not just that our admins suck and our coaching is poor, it's that honestly our talent isn't good enough to compete at this level.

One of the more sobering moments I've had recently is I re-watched some of the Hawk games, and while those teams had issues in spades..honestly..the athletes out on the field were just different, especially on offense. (Mind you, I'm talking about some terrible teams here.)

Go look at who played on that horrible 3-9 team (that one that lost badly to toledo). Look who our backs and recievers were..even the backups.

Speedy
    D. Scott
    Lockridge
    Sumler
    Deehan
    J. Smith
    Simas
    Andre Simmons
    Geer
    McKnight
    Will Jefferson (what ever happened to hm?)

Honestly most of these guys were at best average FBS starters.

Can anyone here honestly say that any of these guys not only wouldn't be starting on this team, but wouldn't be one of our best offensive players?

Look, those teams had some serious depth and coaching issues, but a lot of the guys they had were competitive athletically. Do we really have those guys now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick James View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look, those teams had some serious depth and coaching issues, but a lot of the guys they had were competitive athletically. Do we really have those guys now?
    No. However, the question should be ... Can Embree recruit blue chippers from here on out?

And with our awful W/L results and a no-name coach, the answer is an emphatic 'NO' as well. Recruiting is going to tank and any idot can see that this results in a self-fulfilling prophecy, to the effect that Embree's fate was sealed upon losing to CSU in '12.

It simply becomes a matter of when our pathetic leadership pulls the trigger ... '12, or god forbid '13/'14.

i'm officially out of hope

Until the two dip****s at the top are gone so am I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    No one should ever listen to me in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Creatini View Post
    Until the two dip****s at the top are gone so am I.
    Well, at least there's one positive to this whole mess!

If you don't read [AllBuffs] you are uninformed, if you do read [AllBuffs] you are misinformed.
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyDUBs View Post
    Well, at least there's one positive to this whole mess!

Damn! Beat me to it.

Distinguished Brotha 30Something's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick James View Post
    I think that the worst part of this all is realizing that we're now even more in the hole than after Hawk left.

It's not just that our admins suck and our coaching is poor, it's that honestly our talent isn't good enough to compete at this level.

One of the more sobering moments I've had recently is I re-watched some of the Hawk games, and while those teams had issues in spades..honestly..the athletes out on the field were just different, especially on offense. (Mind you, I'm talking about some terrible teams here.)

Go look at who played on that horrible 3-9 team (that one that lost badly to toledo). Look who our backs and recievers were..even the backups.

Speedy
    D. Scott
    Lockridge
    Sumler
    Deehan
    J. Smith
    Simas
    Andre Simmons
    Geer
    McKnight
    Will Jefferson (what ever happened to hm?)

Honestly most of these guys were at best average FBS starters.

Can anyone here honestly say that any of these guys not only wouldn't be starting on this team, but wouldn't be one of our best offensive players?

The short answer is "no we don't have those guys now". But then again, Embree has had two recruiting classes, Hawk left the cupboard bare, and this is a young team. I'm not defending the coaching (because it hasn't been great), but I have a feeling the next group of coaches is going to have some success with the young guys currently on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Liver View Post
    there is absolutely no reason to believe that CU football will ever be relevant again, let alone "good."

actions speak louder than words (although even the words coming from the CU leadership are discouraging).

CU does not have a commitment to win.

as long as that is true, there is no point in donating, supporting, or following this. why should i care if they don't care? why should i hope for miracles when they won't even put some basic foundational stuff in place to give us a chance to be competitive?
    Overreact often?

Distinguished Brotha 30Something's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DBT View Post
    Overreact often?
    Come on Gregg Allman. Clearly, this team won't be relevant until 2050 (at the earliest). The damage has been done and is damn near irreversible. Our savior is not yet out of the womb.

Quote Originally Posted by 30Something View Post
    Come on Gregg Allman. Clearly, this team won't be relevant until 2050 (at the earliest). The damage has been done and is damn near irreversible. Our savior is not yet out of the womb.
    I'd make it 3012...

Quote Originally Posted by DBT View Post
    Damn! Beat me to it.
    Low hanging fruit

Visitors found this page by searching for:

gerald thomas colorado football

SEO Blog