Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Rush and officials being investigated for targeting Zona

Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with that statement. The suspicion was already there. Now with a witness, you can't ignore the implications of operating a conference in which the integrity of the officials are suspect. It tarnishes the brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    If there is an achievement award for being dumb ass sports fans most of AB'ers would finish at the top. Carry on with your Idols you heathen unbelievers.

Ambitious but rubbish. absinthe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pachoops on this too:

http://pachoops.com/2013/04/larry-sc...and-191-words/

Surprisingly he's pretty mellow about it for a Zona fan.
    "Don't argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloSoldier76 View Post
    At least the C-Unit has a built in chant for blown/bad/controversial calls next year. Don't chant "Bull****", chant "Cancun" instead. The league office will get pretty tired of hearing that one in a hurry I'm guessing.
    "Payyyyy-Rolllll" "Mo-ney Talks" "You've been bought" "We've been Rush'd"
    Standing on the wall for Colorado Basketball since 2002.

No man wastes that many "f---s" over something he doesn't love.

For more, please visit The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RumblinBuff View Post
    "Payyyyy-Rolllll" "Mo-ney Talks" "You've been bought" "We've been Rush'd"
    The band needs to learn AC/DC's "Money Talks".

Blog Entries
    I believe that Pac-12 officials have taken on the NBA mentality in a bad way. Personal likes and dislikes of coaches and players influences their officiating. Further, there is a level of ego that should not be seen in officials and it rears its ugly head when something happens that embarrasses these officials.

My personal belief, and something for which no one will change my opinion, is that the national hubbub over the Chen shot in Tucson and Tad's statements afterward caused the Buffs to get boned by Pac-12 officials the rest of the season. This was especially evident in that the Buffs rarely got the majority of 50/50 calls when playing at home. It reached a head in the Arizona State game when the officials allowed thugball, lost control, and even called a foul on Jelly for a play on which he got knocked out by a blow to the head.
    Ed Rush is responsible for this. The comments he made in the officials meeting regarding Zona's Miller were not, I believe, an isolated incident. Rather, these comments are a peek behind the curtain at the culture that Rush is creating. Larry Scott must move quickly and decisively to fix this issue. It compromises the Pac-12 competition along with the national brand image.

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. - Alex Levine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    The band needs to learn AC/DC's "Money Talks".
    That would be great. I really like "Can-cun" as a chant. Easy to chant, a little funnier than the others, makes the point...

If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu

The pride and tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes will not be entrusted to the timid or the weak

It is official now. Junk is a friggin genius - 4DB

see? I know nothing. - Darth Snow

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Junction View Post
    That would be great. I really like "Can-cun" as a chant. Easy to chant, a little funnier than the others, makes the point...
    agreed as soon as i can get back into twitter I'll suggest it to them.

Looks like the Pac-12 is hearing it on Facebook to:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6931800&type=1

Ed Rush story is blowing up on SportsCenter right now. Everyone calling for Rush's head.
    Everybody's got plans... until they get hit. - Mike Tyson

The fact that this is the lead story on Sports Center means Rush can start packing his office up now. Too much of a media storm for him to stay. And given the tech called against Miller in the UCLA game, he was at best joking about giving a reward for a tech on Miller in order to emphasize t-ing Miller up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by azbuff View Post
    The fact that this is the lead story on Sports Center means Rush can start packing his office up now. Too much of a media storm for him to stay. And given the tech called against Miller in the UCLA game, he was at best joking about giving a reward for a tech on Miller in order to emphasize t-ing Miller up.
    This is the thing, if the T doesnt happen you can pass it off, but IT DID, so coincidence or not its time to go.

Im really disappointed in Scott. He had a golden opportunity to make a strong leadership decision and he blew it. Rush should have been fired immediately when Scott learned the facts. Hes still going to get fired but Scott now appears weak.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by azbuff View Post
    And here's the thing - even if Rush was joking, even if none of the officials actually changed how they called the game because of what he said, even if there's nothing to this story, Pac 12 basketball officiating still sucks out loud. The performance of the officials on the court should be a good enough reason to can Rush's ass. The fact that this story has come out about him targeting a coach, the same type of **** people always suspected him of doing in the NBA, is just the icing on the cake.

Anyone know the backstory on this, i.e., why does Rush apparently have a bug up his ass re Miller? Do these guys have a history with each other?

I agree that whether he was "joking" or not is irrelevant ... when you target an individual as the butt of a joke, it exhibits a disrespect that one's subordinates pick up on. It would be like your boss made a joke about a colleague in a meeting with his subordinates at which the colleague was not present. It sends the wrong message. Rush must go ASAP.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

- Thomas Paine, The American Crisis No. V (1776)

Quote Originally Posted by sockdolager View Post
    He’s still going to get fired but Scott now appears weak.
    Like the Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by L Buff View Post
    Anyone know the backstory on this, i.e., why does Rush apparently have a bug up his ass re Miller? Do these guys have a history with each other?

I agree that whether he was "joking" or not is irrelevant ... when you target an individual as the butt of a joke, it exhibits a disrespect that one's subordinates pick up on. It would be like your boss made a joke about a colleague in a meeting with his subordinates at which the colleague was not present. It sends the wrong message. Rush must go ASAP.
    Especially when that colleague's ability to perform their job is based entirely on the whims and judgment of everybody that is involved with the "joke".
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffWest View Post
    I can't say yet because some idiot might take me seriously.
    There is no place like Nebraska...THANK GOD!!!!

"I went to State" could mean a hundred different places. "I went to Colorado" can only mean one.

They are showing a live interview of Scott by Scott Van Pelt on ESPN. He is really grilling him.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

eddie t. rush

ed rush fixes games

ed rush larry scott

ed rush is being investigated

la times sports ed rush

ed rush hates mark cuban

eddie t rush

ed rush resigns picture

eddie rush

referee meeting island Sean Miller

eddie rush arizona coach