Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tad calls out bigbang (and others)

Post Thanks / Like

Tad calls out bigbang (and others)

Bigbang:
    One of the reasons I didn't donate to CU sports, is because I didn't like Mike Bohn. Likability matters, why should I write a check to a SOB.

Tad:
    I think there is a lot of people who like to point to a coach they like or don't like or an athletic director or an administrator as a reason for not being more involved. For us to be successful, that has to go away and the love for the university has to be the most important thing. I've been at other universities where it's like that and that's where we need to go.
    Besides just calling out everyone's favorite whipping boy - I think Tad has very concisely identified a big problem with a non-significant portion of CU boosters and/or potential boosters. There are too many who withhold support because they don't like X coach, they don't like how Y alumni (player or coach) is treated, they think Z administrator is awful. We won't get to next level unless this sort of **** stops.

Ambitious but rubbish. absinthe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bigbang:

Tad:

Besides just calling out everyone's favorite whipping boy - I think Tad has very concisely identified a big problem with a non-significant portion of CU boosters and/or potential boosters. There are too many who withhold support because they don't like X coach, they don't like how Y alumni (player or coach) is treated, they think Z administrator is awful. We won't get to next level unless this sort of **** stops.

Then donate to the sport you do like, I heavily support basketball, beyond tickets i am not involved with football.
    "Don't argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
    ENTJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Then donate to the sport you do like, I heavily support basketball, beyond tickets i am not involved with football.
    This is, IMO, an excellent option - support what you can, but don't say "**** you, I'm not doing jack **** until X is fired and/or you apologize and play nice with Y."

Ambitious but rubbish. absinthe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    This is, IMO, an excellent option - support what you can, but don't say "**** you, I'm not doing jack **** until X is fired and/or you apologize and play nice with Y."
    9 out of 10 people who say **** like that won't donate afterwards either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm with abs. Any more, I refuse to donate to the General Fund. I donate to the Basketball Excellence fund (Tad's discretionary spending account). I will donate toward a facilities project that has well-defined goals & objectives. I will donate to the scholarship fund or academic support. But I want to feel like I'm impacting something tangible when I give money. For example, if they want to buy new uniforms for the band then tell me. I might kick in a few ducats that I wouldn't otherwise donate. But don't rely on me taking it on my own initiative to call them up or go online to give because the mood happened to strike me that day. As a marketer and businessperson, the administration of the department and the donor solicitation programs offends me.

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. - Alex Levine

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So when u donate, you can say specifically where u want it to go? I've only donated a few times and just sent it to the AD.

Post Thanks / Like
    I encourage everybody to do what I do, and do the complete opposite of what BB2 says. Since I have started doing that my bank account has increased, my hair is getting thicker, my weight is down, my wife wants to have sex with me nonstop, and my teeth have never been whiter.

Post Thanks / Like
    The people (*cough* bigbang *cough*) who say they refuse to donate because some administrator is not likeable have no intentions to donate. Saying someone isn't likeable is just a convenient excuse for not doing something they had no intention of doing in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Col.FrankSlade View Post
    This is part of your problem. You seem to think that just because CU is in the Pac 12 conference they should somehow be competitive in the Pac 12 conference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffnik View Post
    I'm with abs. Any more, I refuse to donate to the General Fund. I donate to the Basketball Excellence fund (Tad's discretionary spending account). I will donate toward a facilities project that has well-defined goals & objectives. I will donate to the scholarship fund or academic support. But I want to feel like I'm impacting something tangible when I give money. For example, if they want to buy new uniforms for the band then tell me. I might kick in a few ducats that I wouldn't otherwise donate. But don't rely on me taking it on my own initiative to call them up or go online to give because the mood happened to strike me that day. As a marketer and businessperson, the administration of the department and the donor solicitation programs offends me.
    It's like the difference between spending charitably as you see fit, or getting taxed by the government so they can spend the money how they see fit...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bigbang is too worried about walk ons and the spring game. I guess none of us work for our money either, what a douche.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINKRATZ View Post
    The people (*cough* bigbang *cough*) who say they refuse to donate because some administrator is not likeable have no intentions to donate. Saying someone isn't likeable is just a convenient excuse for not doing something they had no intention of doing in the first place.
    To be fair someone who works at McDonalds isn't really in any position to be donating much, if any money
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    No one should ever listen to me in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bigbang I need a liter of cola.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffLuKe View Post
    Bigbang I need a liter of cola.
    Sorry, Luke. bigbang2 implemented the Mayor Bloomberg policy at his drivethru.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well that figures lol.

Flagship of the 12-Pac Skidmark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank god there are so many high paying jobs in the front range. With the thriving economy, there is no excuse around not having funds available to donate.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog