What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'09 CO K Zach Grossnickle (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '09 CO K Zach Grossnickle

I skip the comments to avoid the trolls on buffzone.... good catch. Ringo is a db.

Apparently, he's not only a douchebag, but a PUREBRED douchebag. Now that's pretty impressive if you ask me.

Could be a big weekend for the buffs for recruiting and commits. Isn't that the date CU plays the jayhawks in bball? Would they take the recruits to that?

Is there any consensus on who is more reliable, Scout or Rivals?

Per Scout, visitors on 16th:
Zach Grossnickle, Terdema Ussery, Derrick Webb and Alante Wright, with no visit set for Adam Ayala, although he says in a Scout interview “if I were going to visit, it would be the 16th."

Per Rivals, visitors on 16th:
Zach Grossnickle, Terdema Ussery, Derrick Webb and Adam Ayala, with Wright shown visiting on the 23.

Could be a big weekend for the buffs for recruiting and commits. Isn't that the date CU plays the jayhawks in bball? Would they take the recruits to that?

Is there any consensus on who is more reliable, Scout or Rivals?

Per Scout, visitors on 16th:
Zach Grossnickle, Terdema Ussery, Derrick Webb and Alante Wright, with no visit set for Adam Ayala, although he says in a Scout interview “if I were going to visit, it would be the 16th."

Per Rivals, visitors on 16th:
Zach Grossnickle, Terdema Ussery, Derrick Webb and Adam Ayala, with Wright shown visiting on the 23.

I think Rivals keeps their visits board much more up-to-date.
The recruits will attend the KU game. It will be rocking, but there will be a lot of Jayhawk fans there.....

I think Rivals keeps their visits board much more up-to-date.
The recruits will attend the KU game. It will be rocking, but there will be a lot of Jayhawk fans there.....

Two of those five have offers from KU. Shouldn't matter, but just noticed that. Ussery says his interest is "low" in Kansas if Rivals has it right on his profile.

Two of those five have offers from KU. Shouldn't matter, but just noticed that. Ussery says his interest is "low" in Kansas if Rivals has it right on his profile.

I hope it's not bad karma, but Grossnickle's only other visit so far as been from KU, and the Jayhawks were the first to make him an offer.

If he sees the KU bb team mauling the Buffs ..... (the team which has already lost to Montana State and Vermont) ..... not sure I'd want the fb recruits at that game.:asskicking:

I highly doubt the outcome of the CU/KU b-ball game will have a huge effect on where these guys go. Ussery has said he specifically coming up here in January to see if he can handle cold weather. Grossnickle is all but waiting for a CU offer at this point.

Grossnickle is all but waiting for a CU offer at this point.

If they offer and he commits, it seems like a good plan given the sketchy past year on special teams.

Best scenario, if every other kicker and punter at CU comes back strong, accurate and healthy in '09, then we still have a backup at all three positions if needed. And in a year when DiLallo is gone, Grossnickle could take over punting. When Goodman leaves in two more (is that right? he's a junior next year?), we have field goals covered.

That's if CU offers him. If they don't, I'd imagine he has KU written all over him. At least his trip to Neb. didn't turn into anything nightmarish. I wonder if their kicker had missed the damn FG that day, if Grossnickle was really a candidate for a scholly up until that point? He said in the Camera story he was at the game as a recruit. There's some irony for you.

Rivals board is reporting that we offered him today.

I think this is overall a good thing. Provides depth and competition. No guarantees on Davis' knee, Goodman's head or Dilallo's talent. Not nuts about using three schollies on Kickers though.

[video=youtube;dlvCdvIC2AE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlvCdvIC2AE[/video]

[video=youtube;dYvJHLv39qY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvJHLv39qY[/video]

[video=youtube;FmpLErEgWbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmpLErEgWbQ[/video]

And he can hit too.

[video=youtube;IQTKCgxU5ig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQTKCgxU5ig[/video]

Just don't try that in the Big 12 Zach. :smile2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Colorado Kicker Goes 60+
By Jason Jewell
Southwest Recruiting Analyst
Posted Jul 22, 2008

Denver East's Zach Grossnickle breaks Ray Guy camp field goal record. See footage inside...

Solidifying his spot as Colorado's top kicker, Zach Grossnickle from Denver East High had an impressive showing at the Ray Guy Kicking Camp in Colorado Springs, highlighted by a camp record 61 yard field goal.

Scout Premium...

Will commit on his official visit IMO. Hopefully we can get quite a few players in that weekend and make it a big weekend for commitments.

Will commit on his official visit IMO. Hopefully we can get quite a few players in that weekend and make it a big weekend for commitments.

I'd like to see CU get some commits soon, it is jan. 6th and we have 10.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Nice avatar, " Did you see that head come apart"

If he commits we'll have 3 kickers on scholly....wow!

Technically, we'd have two kickers, one punter and a kicker/punter. It's not a bad strategy when you look at it that way.

If GNickle commits, One can only hope the guys on scholly now take it as a challenge to retain their spots, but still treat him like a teammate. Could be a lonely spot for a freshman otherwise.

If I go to CU, I'm willing to redshirt if I'm not needed right away, and put some time in the weight room," Grossnickle said. "But if it looks like I can make a contribution, I'll be hungry to get on the field and compete, too. The fact that I can do all three (place kick, kickoff and punt) is a big factor in why CU wanted to put another scholarship toward kicking.

Grossnickle gets black and gold surprise
By Kyle Ringo
Buffzone Blog

Posted January 5, 2009

I wrote a story a few weeks back about Denver East place-kicker and punter Zach Grossnickle. At that point, he was holding a scholarship offer from Kansas and was hoping to get one from Colorado.

His wish came true on today as Colorado coaches resumed recruiting following the holidays. Grossnickle is an all-state combination kicker who could come to Boulder and help solve some of the kicking problems the program experienced in 2008. He would likely become the team's starting punter in 2010 and could also win the kickoff job and the place-kicking duties.

Here is part of an email Zach sent to me tonight (Monday).

More...

#44 is huge. :(

Ah, but #5, top row, is 6'5" and he's still a possibility for CU.
Visits next weekend.

And the guy he's standing next to, #6, is a committed buff.

So chin up, it ain't all bad.

... and you never know that kasa won't miss the mountains and decommit.
Why can a few decommits go OUR way?
We just gotta find Nick a CU-bound girlfriend that he wants to be near.
Problem Solved!

I'd like to see CU get some commits soon, it is jan. 6th and we have 10.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Nice avatar, " Did you see that head come apart"

You're clearly confusing Kevin Dillon's role as Bunny in Platoon with his tour de force central character on Viking Quest. I loved Viking Quest!

Back