What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'09 CO K Zach Grossnickle (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '09 CO K Zach Grossnickle

A Buffalo Nickle brings good luck.

Put him in Grossnichols residence hall.

:lol:
A buff nickle? perfect.

1913_nickel_buffalo_t1_rev.jpg

He will commit this weekend on his official visit

I read that Hawkins promised Fellner the #5 jersey if he commits.

Too bad: I was looking forward to a wrestling match between Nuckols and Grossnickle for the Cinco De Jersey. With their last names, they should each have a claim on the number five.

Okay, looking at Nuckols picuture, the kicker would be toast, but it would be entertaining.

602539.jpg
544493.jpg

If Nuckols wants something, I'm going to hand it right over. He looks fierce.

I think a kicker can wear a duplicate number in college.... we had two #9 this year.

But "Buffalo Nickel" is way too cool to pass up ... gotta go with the #5 jersey. Fellner can wear it too.

I think a kicker can wear a duplicate number in college.... we had two #9 this year.

But "Buffalo Nickel" is way too cool to pass up ... gotta go with the #5 jersey. Fellner can wear it too.

Hansen and Dykes had #9

If this K gets offered and accepts, that would make 4 pk/p's on s-ship. Seems like quite a few to me.

If this K gets offered and accepts, that would make 4 pk/p's on s-ship. Seems like quite a few to me.

Did you watch any of this last season? Might be handy to have as many options as possible available.

It is a bunch.

Would have been just about enough to win one or two more games last year if we had a kicker that could make a field goal. Since we cannot pull a scholly, then we need this guy badly.

Four scholarship kickers is a lot however
Goodman - Lots of talent if he can get his confidence back, if not 25% of field goals attempted will lose us games we cannot afford to lose. Was only 10-16 at Wyoming for FGs so has not proven that he can be a clutch kicker.
Davis - Has not yet been the guy to count on at the college level. Had knee problems this year that made it difficult for him to kick. Sister says that he is having surgery and expects to be back 100% next year. I hope so but kicking puts a lot of strain on the knee. We don't know if he can be the man and if so don't know if he can stay healthy. If so he could really help, if not we may have problems.
DiLallo- Will be a senior this year so only has one year left, was a Fr. All-American and looked like a great prospect. Has declined in effectiveness each year following. This past season was very up and down leading the coaches to split his time with Suazo. Again a guy who looks to have the talent but not able to consistenly put it together. Even if he comes back to a great year will be gone after this year.

We also had major problems all year with kickoffs, a lot of short kicks or low, line drives gave our opponents opportunities to start drives with short fields.

If the veterans come back strong then we redshirt Grossnickle and have a solid player for the future, if the vets don't make it then we have an alternative. I don't like to use up schollies on kickers but I don't like more losing games because of kickers. If Zack is as good as we are led to believe this is an opportunity to solidify a position.

It is a bunch.

DiLallo will be a senior. - punts
Goodman will be a junior. - field goals
Davis will be a sophomore. - kickoffs

Buffnickle: All-Colorado for punts/kickoffs/field goals

if he accepts the offer, you have a back up at all three spots if needed.
Can always Redshirt him to see who of the current three brings their A-game to the first outings. It's a lot of kickers on scholly for one year but could save us some for the four years following if he can do it all with a couple walkons behind him.

Someone is going to have to punt when DiLallo graduates, do you want to test out a true freshman, or have this one ready to step in?

DiLallo will be a senior. - punts
Goodman will be a junior. - field goals
Davis will be a sophomore. - kickoffs

Buffnickle: All-Colorado for punts/kickoffs/field goals

if he accepts the offer, you have a back up at all three spots if needed.
Can always Redshirt him to see who of the current three brings their A-game to the first outings. It's a lot of kickers on scholly for one year but could save us some for the four years following if he can do it all with a couple walkons behind him.

Someone is going to have to punt when DiLallo graduates, do you want to test out a true freshman, or have this one ready to step in?

It seems funny to redshirt a kicker, but I can see it - maybe. Goodman is going to be under tremendous pressure next year if we sign this kid.

Do people redshirt kickers?

It seems funny to redshirt a kicker, but I can see it - maybe. Goodman is going to be under tremendous pressure next year if we sign this kid.

Do people redshirt kickers?

Not usually, but I would predict the idea here is to make it clear to anyone missing 6 or more field goals in a row, that there is a kicker sitting right behind you who is ready to give it a go. Either knowing that fires Goodman up and he returns to some kind of reborn kicking glory, and the redshirt was worth it, or it doesn't motivate Goodman and we need the kicker anyway.

I don't see a lot of options. And at least we'll have a backup punter. Weren't we going to risk someone else (can't recall) who punted in high school if we needed to?

Not usually, but I would predict the idea here is to make it clear to anyone missing 6 or more field goals in a row, that there is a kicker sitting right behind you who is ready to give it a go. Either knowing that fires Goodman up and he returns to some kind of reborn kicking glory, and the redshirt was worth it, or it doesn't motivate Goodman and we need the kicker anyway.

I don't see a lot of options. And at least we'll have a backup punter. Weren't we going to risk someone else (can't recall) who punted in high school if we needed to?

We already have a back up punter, he wears number 2 and he's supposed to be pretty fast. Duh.

We already have a back up punter, he wears number 2 and he's supposed to be pretty fast. Duh.

Riiiight.

And wouldn't some guys on the other team just love to take a penalty for tackling him while he's punting? Too risky. Way too risky.

Back