What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'09 CO K Zach Grossnickle (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '09 CO K Zach Grossnickle

Nice little surprise before the visitors arrive this weekend.

Scout just bumped Grossnickle into the elite kicker class with ***.

#10 in the country.

Solid. He's the only kicker in the top ten who isn't committed - hope that changes soon. :gobuffs:

Scout Kicker Rankings as of Jan 15

I know its hard to believe me right now, but I think goodman will be just fine for the next 2 years

I haven't totally given up on Goodman, but we got bigger issues than just field goal kicking right now.

I know its hard to believe me right now, but I think goodman will be just fine for the next 2 years

I like this kid. That doesn't reflect on Goodman.

Regardless of the FG situation, we'll need a punter in a year (or sooner.)
We'll need someone to kickoff unless Davis comes back healthy (and don't get me wrong, I would prefer that.)

This is what Grossnickle said on Rivals a while back, before he was offered. He's got a good attitude, IMO. Probably what Hawk liked, in addition to the kicking ability.
I understand that I would have to earn a starting spot anywhere, but I work hard to get playing time. I’ve never had to compete for my spot before (Coach Woolfork just took me right off the soccer field and made me a varsity starter), but I would definitely come with the attitude that I was there to challenge the guys who were there first. Whether I outkick them, or they outkick me, the team gets a good kicking game and that’s what’s important.

four kickers and Darrell Scott.:smile2:

I'm sure Darrell isn't worried about losing his backup punter spot to the kid.

Poor Grossnickle must be resigned to the harsh reality that he is going to be behind so many fine kickers and punters, he'll probably sit on the bench for five years.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi_hve5lIcM&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Kicking Combine West - Zach Grossnickle Punts[/ame]

I hate to bash on a college kid, but Goodman wasn't even good enough for Wyoming, and then after last year with all those missed FG's? I really hope we land Grossnickle! There were a couple games last year we lost because of the kicking game.

Goodman has the leg. Just needs to get consistancy on his draw.

I hate to bash on a college kid, but Goodman wasn't even good enough for Wyoming, and then after last year with all those missed FG's? I really hope we land Grossnickle! There were a couple games last year we lost because of the kicking game.

he was a freshman all american at wyoming

he was a freshman all american at wyoming

Yeah, the 11 for 16 FG stat doesn't tell you much without seeing the kicks. It doesn't matter if the kick was blocked, or the snap went to Bulgaria, or if he missed wide left: it just shows as a miss. Sort of sux for kicker stats that way.
There's an old premium scout article you can still search about Goodman wanting to be at CU before he went to Wyo. Don't know what happened, but probably due to numbers, he wasn't offered by CU. That's a total guess, I wasn't following him that closely at the time. But Mason Crosby had another year to go when Goodman was looking, so if there was a decent walk-on on the team (Eberhart?) then that explains why there was no scholly for him.

http://colorado.scout.com/2/352489.html Goodman article Feb 2005.
"I have wanted to go to Colorado since I was little," said Goodman. "Now the time is here when I am set to go to college and I want to be a Buff."

Anyway, he clearly wanted to be a buff, (You have great taste, Aric) and sounds like it was his choice, not Wyo's for him to come back to Colorado when there was going to be a kicker opening. He sat out a year, per rules, then walked on.

Found this while searching for the Goodman story. This is from a Sept. 15th scout story on Grossnickle, interesting twist, that Grossnickle was originally told there was no spot for him at CU.

Scout.com caught up with Denver (Co.) East High kicker Zach Grossnickle for an update on his recruitment.
He tells us, "My top schools are USC, Stanford, Washington State, CAL, CSU and CU/Boulder. I'm in good contact with all of them, except CU, since they have Jameson Davis and Aric Goodman, and aren't looking for a kicker. But there's still a chance they will be looking at punters since DiLallo is a junior."

All Pac10 except Boulder. (CSU doesn't count. :lol: ) Hawkins or Riddle must have done some magic on this one.

Ok the guy is going to have to lose the red shoes.

Ya think?

437007857_t600.jpg

Not sure if this pic will show up, but I agree, those have got to go.

Last edited:

They are fitting for his high school...I wore red some in HS because it was a team color, but he will get set straight when he comes to CU.

Oh, to be a ****ing kicker!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV5SEfCCQwQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV5SEfCCQwQ[/ame]

Oh, to be a ****ing kicker!

I had to go look that guy up: who the bleep is Carl Gioia?

answer:
kicked for Notre Dame 2003-2006. Didn't see much action until '06, then kicked
—8-for-13 field goals, 1-19 yds. (0-0), 20-29 yds. (3-3), 30-39 yds. (4-6), 40-49 yds. (1-4), long 40; 49-of-54 extra points

on kickoffs, he was backup only, and here's why:
• Carl Gioia—7-for-282 yards, 40.3-yard average

Did you catch that? His KICKOFF AVERAGE WAS 40 yards. Jeeez.

2007 forecast for Notre Dame said:
The kicker position is much more unsettled with Ryan Burkhart stepping in for the inconsistent Carl Gioia, who missed four of his first eight field goal attempts before nailing four of his last five.

I'm telling you right now: I better get that question on Jeopardy someday or I just wasted an important five minutes of my life with google.

You know what I woudl do with that five minutes back in hand: I could have had
santacruz-V8-juice.jpg

Ya think?

437007857_t600.jpg

Not sure if this pic will show up, but I agree, those have got to go.

There is a difference between the glorious, pure red that is East, and the poop, dull red that is the fuskers. Trust me, I can still rock an East T-shirt or sweatshirt and I can tell the difference. :thumbsup:

All you folks and your High School pride

:puke:

I never met a single person at any high school who took any pride or joy for their school... be it Creek, Fairview, Heritage (my school), or anywhere else

High School suuuuccckkksss

Re: '09 CO K Zach Grossnickle (Committed to Colorado - 01/18/09)

noice....put some pressure on Mr. Goodman next year!! Welcome & :woot:

Back