What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'09 CO K Zach Grossnickle (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '09 CO K Zach Grossnickle (Signed LOI to Colorado)

Didn't know where else to put this post, but I watched a youtube video tonight, and got sucked into the black hole of that place for too long. After a while I was bored surfing the youtube suggestions and I searched for "kicker tackle." A clip of our new kicker commit showed up in the results.

Now I've seen this clip before, but can someone explain to me how it ended up with more than 10,000 hits? Grossnickle's senior season highlight tape has like 1/10th of that number.

I don't think you see the hit number if you come at it from embedment, so you would have to go to youtube.com and put kicker tackle or kicker tackle or the actual title "kicker punter makes tackle causes fumble" into the search if you want to see the view number.

I figure the clip must have been picked up by some site and linked there?
Or is it just that people actually like watching kickers tackling or getting tackled and it's a popular search string in some other subculture?

It's not even that spectacular of a tackle. No offense intended - he did his job and caused a fumble - I'm just saying that can't be the reason anyone is watching. But it sure is popular.

[video=youtube;IQTKCgxU5ig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQTKCgxU5ig[/video]

Now these... these are tackles.
[video=youtube;pPObnPS-LIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPObnPS-LIs[/video]

I like the way he fielded the high snap and got the kick off quickly.

Re: '09 CO K Zach Grossnickle

I don't know how you don't when your kicking performance is dead frickin' last in D I......:sad1:
Yeah that, especially when that one function can win or lose a football game. Our kicking game absolutely sucks right now.

Now I've seen this clip before, but can someone explain to me how it ended up with more than 10,000 hits?

I don't think you see the hit number if you come at it from embedment, so you would have to go to youtube.com and put kicker tackle or kicker tackle or the actual title "kicker punter makes tackle causes fumble" into the search if you want to see the view number.

That youtube clip is over 13,000 hits now.
Go figure. The internet is a mysterious thing.

Who was talking about Grossnickle being a CU legend? His choice in sport will let him fit right into Boulder... damn hippies.

:smile2:

This is the quote you were looking for, I believe. About the pic, at first I hated the hat, but it has grown on me. Fits him, somehow.

I would like to declare here and now that Grossnickle is going to become a buffs legend. I dunno what it is, but when i look at that picture I see it.

I'm serious.

F500656.jpg

Who was talking about Grossnickle being a CU legend? His choice in sport will let him fit right into Boulder... damn hippies.

Woo..woo! ULTIMATE Frisbee CHAMP! Righteous.

...and OreGONE couldn't land him. Ohm.

Woo..woo! ULTIMATE Frisbee CHAMP! Righteous.

...and OreGONE couldn't land him. Ohm.

I talked to some people who actually understand the sport of Ultimate.
Or claim to.

Apparently Grossnickle is considered very good.

Seriously, in my experience, truly athletic kids can usually just translate that ability to many sports.

Note the CU hat in this pic? Squint, and you'll see a buff logo there.
n544770369_6385394_4747827.jpg

Back