What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'09 CO S Parker Orms (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '09 CO S Parker Orms(Committed to Colorado - 11/16/08)

how does he not have the speed? He seems to have a great 1st gear, and good top line speed. And he HITS people!

This kid seems like one of those undersized, yet highly motivated and hard working players that every successful team has. Good scholarship, IMO. He may not see a ton of playing time, but he'll make the team better.

Re: Why are we offering Orms?

Makes no sense to offer him at this time? Is it going so poorly that we are now offering 2nd and 3rd tier guys? Can someone please for the love of god explain this to me. I have seen him play...he would fit in on this team...along with 06s team...if you catch what I am saying. He is a D2 kid!

Don't dis kids on here. This kind of crap isn't necessary or productive at all.

Makes no sense to offer him at this time? Is it going so poorly that we are now offering 2nd and 3rd tier guys? Can someone please for the love of god explain this to me. I have seen him play...he would fit in on this team...along with 06s team...if you catch what I am saying. He is a D2 kid!

Have no idea on this kid but maybehe has team mates who love him and he can help recruit ?:confused:

Disagree. I was cringing at the thought of him going to CSU and tearing us up every year.

I like Orms. I don't know, I just like the fact that this kid brings it every day. I would'nt bet against a kid like Parker. Most importantly is the fact that he's a top in-state kid. I know we can't pull every top Colorado kid, but HS coaches notice these things. Hawk said he'd make Colorado a priority and he has more than delivered on that.

Parker Orms may not have the size or speed but this kid brings it every play. Most importantly this kid really wants to be a Buff. It's his dream come true, he will fight that much harder for us. He probably won't be a starter but will contribute and be a valuable asset to this team. Welcome Parker. Go Buffs!!!

This kid seems like one of those undersized, yet highly motivated and hard working players that every successful team has. Good scholarship, IMO. He may not see a ton of playing time, but he'll make the team better.

Don't dis kids on here. This kind of crap isn't necessary or productive at all.

Bomber stated his opinion, others responded with theirs. Isn't that the purpose of this board?

Bomber stated his opinion, others responded with theirs. Isn't that the purpose of this board?
Calling out a kid who the staff thinks is good enough and who wants to be a Buff as a D2 kid isn't cool. Kids read these boards, particularly the recruiting boards.

He looks plenty fast in his videos. Maybe everyone else is running in cement boots. He hits hard, too.

Glad he's going to be a Buff.

The kid hasn't played a single down for the Buffs and yet he isn't good (enough)? BS. He may or may not have the size or talent of other people, but if the coaches believe he is good enough for a scholarship then I'll always welcome new guys into the program. Given his stats though, they are pretty good.

Oh, and just so you know even teams like Texas have 2 star players on their team, even in their secondary.

Let's give him time to come in, work his butt off in the class and in the training room and we'll see how he does in 2 years or so. Maybe he's a sleeper or maybe he's not.

If he's never a starter that's ok. We need guys with speed, so even if he plays STs his entire career then we'll be a better team. ST shows the depth of a team and that's where we are lacking right now, imo.

Welcome to CU Orms!

I just watched Orms' vids and he is far more impressive than Kennedy. He has 4 mins of solid video compared to Kennedy's minute or so. Orms was making play after play. I like him, but more importantly he is going to be a Buff so ima support him whether he has talent or not:gobuffs:

Defenders who have a knack for finding the football cannot be underestimated. Sometimes, there's an intangible quality that a player possesses that puts him ahead of faster/bigger/stronger players. We need guys like that. We need guys with a fire and passion for Colorado football.

Parker Orms may not have the size or speed but this kid brings it every play.

This kid seems like one of those undersized, yet highly motivated and hard working players that every successful team has.

Where did you guys come up with lack of size/speed angle?

Per Rivials, Orms is 6-foot-0, 185 lbs and runs a 4.4 forty.

Anthony Perkins, coming out of HS: 5-foot-10, 177 lbs, 4.79 forty.

I can't say why he's not getting more recruiting attention or doesn't have more stars. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he has told anyone who will listen that he wants to be a Buff scholarship or not (it is a well known fact that recruiting services base their stars in part on how many offers a kid gets)., and they have stopped recruiting

I don't generally put much stock in ESPN's recruiting analysis, unless they say something good about our commits :smile2: They have a very nice writeup on Orms: ESPN on Parker Orms.

Just a guess, but I'd bet a fin that he gets a third star from Rivals before signing day.

Where did you guys come up with lack of size/speed angle?

Per Rivials, Orms is 6-foot-0, 185 lbs and runs a 4.4 forty.

I don't have a Rivals subscription (or a Rivials one, for that matter), so I didn't know his specifics. Those are good numbers.

He looks damn quick and hits like a truck. Should be a great gunner on special teams.

I did notice his speed is wierd. Its great top speed, and great first step, but it takes him a long time to go from that 1st gear to the 4th...

Criticizing the kids is classless.

But, if you want to know why CU is recruiting him? Here's a hint: good players aren't lining up to play for our joke of a coaching staff.

Criticizing the kids is classless.

But, if you want to know why CU is recruiting him? Here's a hint: good players aren't lining up to play for our joke of a coaching staff.
:rolleyes:

Anyone else think this is a hilarious post?

If only the Buffs were like the Broncos and could claim players off waivers, make trades, promote practice team players, etc, in order to fill in for players lost to injuries, grades, and discipline problems.

Those coaches would be a lot smarter.

:rolleyes:

Anyone else think this is a hilarious post?

It's par for Buffs 04.

He doesn't like hearing about Hawk's accomplishment's at Boise State.

He doesn't find it relevant that Coach Hawkin's put together teams in a non-BCS conference that would've likely won the Big XII North in most years.

Buffs 04 likes to point this staff's regression. But here's a question that plagues me. Does the regression sit squarely on the shoulders of the staff? Let's agree that last year's offense was better than this years (nearly 28 points per game, over 5 yards per play, 377 yards per game), what changed? Well, it wasn' the staff. They remain intact. Do we like to belive that they somehow became less competant in the last year?

No, what the staff did last year, with minimal talent was actually quite remarkable. That staff proved unable to replicate the feat this year shouldn't necessarily reflect on that staff--after all, they're the same names and faces--but rather suggests that the youth and injuries have reached critical mass.

Think about it. Same staff, different results. The staff isn't the variable here, you gotta look elsewhere.

Finally, when I consider the talent we're gathering at quarterback, runningback, O-line and linebacker (hopefully soon at WR) I can't help but belive that our future is bright.

Somebody suggsted that anybody believing that we can win 8 games next year is out of his/her mind. Place me in that category. I think we're gonna be just fine.

It's par for Buffs 04.

He doesn't like hearing about Hawk's accomplishment's at Boise State.

He doesn't find it relevant that Coach Hawkin's put together teams in a non-BCS conference that would've likely won the Big XII North in most years.

Buffs 04 likes to point this staff's regression. But here's a question that plagues me. Does the regression sit squarely on the shoulders of the staff? Let's agree that last year's offense was better than this years (nearly 28 points per game, over 5 yards per play, 377 yards per game), what changed? Well, it wasn' the staff. They remain intact. Do we like to belive that they somehow became less competant in the last year?

No, what the staff did last year, with minimal talent was actually quite remarkable. That staff proved unable to replicate the feat this year shouldn't necessarily reflect on that staff--after all, they're the same names and faces--but rather suggests that the youth and injuries have reached critical mass.

Think about it. Same staff, different results. The staff isn't the variable here, you gotta look elsewhere.

Finally, when I consider the talent we're gathering at quarterback, runningback, O-line and linebacker (hopefully soon at WR) I can't help but belive that our future is bright.

Somebody suggsted that anybody believing that we can win 8 games next year is out of his/her mind. Place me in that category. I think we're gonna be just fine.
:thumbsup:

would that variable be over 100 games missed by members of the two deep?

He looks damn quick and hits like a truck. Should be a great gunner on special teams.

I did notice his speed is wierd. Its great top speed, and great first step, but it takes him a long time to go from that 1st gear to the 4th...

He looks like the kind of kid that could be a special teams hero, those guys mean a lot more to the team than they ever do on the stat sheet. I for one am glad we picked up and instate kid who likes to hit the **** out of people.

He looks like the kind of kid that could be a special teams hero, those guys mean a lot more to the team than they ever do on the stat sheet. I for one am glad we picked up and instate kid who likes to hit the **** out of people.
Local heroes should stay in state. I think there is extra benefit to signing guys like Orms beyond what they do for the team directly. Recruiting, promoting the sport locally, etc... All good for the long term. Local players should EXPECT and DESIRE nothing more than to play for CU if they can make the grade.

Snowbuff - nice post.

The ticking time bomb has gone off in Boulder. CU was winning BTN titles with mediocre players in 2004/2005, but we couldn't compete vs. the Tier 1's. Luckily, the BTN was horrible then and we were the Queen of the Pigs.

But the real ticking time bomb that went off was the "recruiting scandal". There was no recruiting to Boulder after this mess. I call it the H-Bomb (named after the Hnida disclosure which GB promptly answered to with "she was an awful kicker" that got played countless times on National TV) and it blew up CU Football. We all knew it at the time and we knew it could only be turned with a tremendous new hire. The only chance we had of keeping it from heading completely south was to bring in someone who could recruit in any situation. Welcome Dan Hawkins.

So we went and hired a new coaching staff. And people want to say, "they inherited a team that won the BTN". Very astute fans. The better-informed knew that the bomb had gone off and that the core talent of this team was decimated and that it would take quite some time to rebuild it, IF it was possible.

What the new staff inherited was a team that had virtually no recruiting classes for 2004 and 2005 (what most teams call their Senior and Junior classes). Even in-state 2-star recruits passed on CU (see Zac Robinson, OSU). Many of the players who did sign those years, didn't stick either because they flat out couldn't play or they changed their mind when Gary was fired.

Look at the O-Line. We have one Senior (Girthy). We have one Junior (Head), who by the way, was beaten out by a true-freshmen last year and again this year (until MTM went down with ACL), and one Sophomore (Solder) who just converted this year to the OLine. And don't get me wrong on Head, God love this guys' grit and hard work. But the reality is that he's a guy who's NOT starting anywhere else in the B12. We have NOT a single QB from '04, 05. Nor do we have a single RB from the Barnett years. We have 1 single WR from then (Williams). We can go on and on. Go look at those classes we signed in '04 and '05 and see how many have contributed... A few from '04 never redshirted because we needed them right away (Dizon for example). But in general, the kids from those classes just never got here or never helped us. The few who did pan out, are mostly starting on defense.

Anyone who is paying attention can figure out that this thing has been barely glued together the last several years. One injury to an OLineman last year would have been equally as devastating. We got away with it and it's caught up to us. No depth and no upper classmen on the O-Line has killed us.

Depth is building. The starters on O-Line in week 12 will all have to fight for a spot next year. Miller is back. MTM is back. Givens will hopefully have gained his weight back. The Center who transferred from U-Maryland is available. Iltis is back. Not only do we get everyone who is starting now back, but they may not be good enough next year to start. Behrens, Bahr, Head and Solder will all have tough competition and I'll say it here, at least 2 of them will be backups and maybe 3. And nearly all of the depth will be Sophomores or younger NEXT year. We will have real competition and real depth. We will have experience that goes 2 deep at most positions.

This team needs to add some playmakers on the edge (WR) and we will be very good.

If your call-letters on this board have two digits in it and you can't see the good things happening in a time period where the upper-classes are all but empty, I'm going to have to assume the 04 is not your grad year, but your IQ! Good things are happening and the talent level is improving rapidly. I'm all in!

And I meant to say Congrats and Reps to the seniors who stuck it out! You have been the glue that has held it together and we will return to Tier-1 and you can hold your head up with honor!

Snowbuff - nice post.

The ticking time bomb has gone off in Boulder. CU was winning BTN titles with mediocre players in 2004/2005, but we couldn't compete vs. the Tier 1's. Luckily, the BTN was horrible then and we were the Queen of the Pigs.

But the real ticking time bomb that went off was the "recruiting scandal". There was no recruiting to Boulder after this mess. I call it the H-Bomb (named after the Hnida disclosure which GB promptly answered to with "she was an awful kicker" that got played countless times on National TV) and it blew up CU Football. We all knew it at the time and we knew it could only be turned with a tremendous new hire. The only chance we had of keeping it from heading completely south was to bring in someone who could recruit in any situation. Welcome Dan Hawkins.

So we went and hired a new coaching staff. And people want to say, "they inherited a team that won the BTN". Very astute fans. The better-informed knew that the bomb had gone off and that the core talent of this team was decimated and that it would take quite some time to rebuild it, IF it was possible.

What the new staff inherited was a team that had virtually no recruiting classes for 2004 and 2005 (what most teams call their Senior and Junior classes). Even in-state 2-star recruits passed on CU (see Zac Robinson, OSU). Many of the players who did sign those years, didn't stick either because they flat out couldn't play or they changed their mind when Gary was fired.

Look at the O-Line. We have one Senior (Girthy). We have one Junior (Head), who by the way, was beaten out by a true-freshmen last year and again this year (until MTM went down with ACL), and one Sophomore (Solder) who just converted this year to the OLine. And don't get me wrong on Head, God love this guys' grit and hard work. But the reality is that he's a guy who's NOT starting anywhere else in the B12. We have NOT a single QB from '04, 05. Nor do we have a single RB from the Barnett years. We have 1 single WR from then (Williams). We can go on and on. Go look at those classes we signed in '04 and '05 and see how many have contributed... A few from '04 never redshirted because we needed them right away (Dizon for example). But in general, the kids from those classes just never got here or never helped us. The few who did pan out, are mostly starting on defense.

Anyone who is paying attention can figure out that this thing has been barely glued together the last several years. One injury to an OLineman last year would have been equally as devastating. We got away with it and it's caught up to us. No depth and no upper classmen on the O-Line has killed us.

Depth is building. The starters on O-Line in week 12 will all have to fight for a spot next year. Miller is back. MTM is back. Givens will hopefully have gained his weight back. The Center who transferred from U-Maryland is available. Iltis is back. Not only do we get everyone who is starting now back, but they may not be good enough next year to start. Behrens, Bahr, Head and Solder will all have tough competition and I'll say it here, at least 2 of them will be backups and maybe 3. And nearly all of the depth will be Sophomores or younger NEXT year. We will have real competition and real depth. We will have experience that goes 2 deep at most positions.

This team needs to add some playmakers on the edge (WR) and we will be very good.

If your call-letters on this board have two digits in it and you can't see the good things happening in a time period where the upper-classes are all but empty, I'm going to have to assume the 04 is not your grad year, but your IQ! Good things are happening and the talent level is improving rapidly. I'm all in!

:congrats::rock:

And I meant to say Congrats and Reps to the seniors who stuck it out! You have been the glue that has held it together and we will return to Tier-1 and you can hold your head up with honor!

:yeahthat: :gobuffs:

Great posts, Buffaholic. I tried to rep you, but was told that I've already been too generous today.

For the same reason it wouldn't let me neg rep "surveryor".

I really hope Orms pans out like those other ****ty 2** recruits we've had under Hawk.

Snowbuff - nice post.

Great post. :thumbsup:

:congrats::rock:

:yeahthat: :gobuffs:
goddamit Junc STOP IT! :bang:

And yes, I tried to rep buffaholic, but I had already given out to much. I saw the Hbomb destroy my beloved buffaloes, and I LOVE the seniors from this class...

But you know what? I feel terrible about this... but I am guiltily happy they are gone. Its the last vestiges of a terrible time for the buffs, and I feel like a weight is finally lifting...

Talked to Orms and we're recruiting him primarily as a safety but we might give him a shot at WR or RB

Back