What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'09 JUCO WR Andre Simmons (Signed to Colorado)

Re: JUCO WR Andre Simmons

Seems to me the real question is when can you withdraw from school without paying tuition. If he's admitted to CU, he should be able to enroll in classes and attend. He just can't practice or play with the team, and CU can't pay for his tuition on athletic scholarship. So it would make sense to me if he is fine to go to classes, and he would just need to withdraw before the deadline so he doesn't have to pay for tuition if he ends up not being cleared.

Seems to me the real question is when can you withdraw from school without paying tuition. If he's admitted to CU, he should be able to enroll in classes and attend. He just can't practice or play with the team, and CU can't pay for his tuition on athletic scholarship. So it would make sense to me if he is fine to go to classes, and he would just need to withdraw before the deadline so he doesn't have to pay for tuition if he ends up not being cleared.

September 9 - Deadline (5:00 p.m.) to withdraw from the university and only be assessed a $200 withdrawal processing fee. After this date, 100 percent of tuition and fees is due for students who withdraw unless there are extenuating circumstances. (See Withdrawal)
Of course, there would be extenuating circumstances. This must be incredibly hard for Andre not knowing what's up. Let's hope he's not in the dark as we are, and has a clear idea of what's going on. I really like this kid as a player and as a person. Hoping for the best.

This situaiton is BS. I hope in the future we dont have to worry about our depth in any position because of crap like this. DH needs to rack up some W so he can bring in highly recruited qualifiers.

I want nothing more for Andre to start on Sept 6, but this kind of crap has tobe a thing of the past.

Of all people I feel really bad for Andre more so than the team. This guy needs to get into school and get his degree ASAP since his kid lives on the other side of the country and he is not getting a chance to see him grow up. Luckily he has great family support, but it must be difficult for him right now given that it isn't cheap living in Boulder and the possibility of taking on more than 15K in loans for ONE semester is more than what a lot of people owe in total for a degree. If he takes 1 year off then that leaves 2 to play 2...which would make a lot of schools shy away from signing him. He better get into CU ffs.

If he doesn't get into school then I'm going to blow a gasket........

Of all people I feel really bad for Andre more so than the team. This guy needs to get into school and get his degree ASAP since his kid lives on the other side of the country and he is not getting a chance to see him grow up. Luckily he has great family support, but it must be difficult for him right now given that it isn't cheap living in Boulder and the possibility of taking on more than 15K in loans for ONE semester is more than what a lot of people owe in total for a degree. If he takes 1 year off then that leaves 2 to play 2...which would make a lot of schools shy away from signing him. He better get into CU ffs.

If he doesn't get into school then I'm going to blow a gasket........

Bingo. The young man did everything he was told under trying circumstances. He was then rewarded with admission to CU, and then...

We still don't know the circumstances. I only know I'm rooting for this to get resolved to Andre's favor --- and quick!

Somebody at CU has really dropped the ball on this deal. I don't know if it's the coaches, the admissions people, the academic compliance folks, or who. But they are all paid to know what has to happen for a kid to transfer from one school into CU. They all are.

I get a kick out of Patrick Ridgell in the Times Call. Every day, he writes an update on CU's camp. Every day, there's a small snippet to the tune of "Coach Hawkins stated that there is nothing new to report on the situation of Andre Simmons". Which means, of course, that every day somebody is asking the coach about it.

In the end, this really sucks for Simmons. By all accounts he was told by the folks at CU that he was good to go. Now he's being told something different. This really reflects poorly on the folks at CU.

Somebody at CU has really dropped the ball on this deal. I don't know if it's the coaches, the admissions people, the academic compliance folks, or who. But they are all paid to know what has to happen for a kid to transfer from one school into CU. They all are.

I get a kick out of Patrick Ridgell in the Times Call. Every day, he writes an update on CU's camp. Every day, there's a small snippet to the tune of "Coach Hawkins stated that there is nothing new to report on the situation of Andre Simmons". Which means, of course, that every day somebody is asking the coach about it.

In the end, this really sucks for Simmons. By all accounts he was told by the folks at CU that he was good to go. Now he's being told something different. This really reflects poorly on the folks at CU.

I can't disagree with any of that. I'm under the impression that CU thought it was all figured out, and NCAA didn't agree. Where's the disconnect, and why did those who are resonsible not know about it? I really hope this story becomes public sometime soon.

It would just be nice if someone would tell us WTF is going on. All this smoke and mirrors is pissing me off.

tagline on rivals message board - simmons cleared! with five stars next to it. YEAH!?

According to Ringo, Sacky, you are epically wrong on all points above. But I like you more for being WRONG than RIGHT today!

I bet you love bein wrong :smile2: :thumbsup: :gobuffs:

I bet you love bein wrong :smile2: :thumbsup: :gobuffs:

I'd be totally happy being 100% wrong on this, but I'm not 100% wrong. Something still happened to keep him from playing/enrolling for the last two weeks. I'm thrilled that he's in and happy that whatever the problem was got resolved. I'm still pissed that it was ever an issue to begin with.

Yes, but there is no indication that "someone at CU dropped the ball on this".

We really have no idea where the ball was dropped. The AD is not going to state anything just yet as they have been cautious and quiet throughout the process. Hawk mentioned several time that they were still confident. That's all they could tell us.... I wouldn't expect anything more than "we're still working on it"...

It's about time we got some good news. This is awesome, now he needs to put that playbook into action...

Yes, but there is no indication that "someone at CU dropped the ball on this".

We really have no idea where the ball was dropped. The AD is not going to state anything just yet as they have been cautious and quiet throughout the process. Hawk mentioned several time that they were still confident. That's all they could tell us.... I wouldn't expect anything more than "we're still working on it"...

I suppose at this point, there's no clear indication of anything. The ball was clearly dropped, though. Whether it was somebody at CU who dropped it may never be known. However, the fact remains that they thought they had all the bases covered three weeks ago, and it turns out that they didn't.

I suppose at this point, there's no clear indication of anything. The ball was clearly dropped, though. Whether it was somebody at CU who dropped it may never be known. However, the fact remains that they thought they had all the bases covered three weeks ago, and it turns out that they didn't.
well man it could just have been the delay since he finished his classes so close to the deadline. Bureaucracy takes time for its wheels to turn.

Live and learn. All's well that ends well.

Absolutely. I've certainly learned to stop calling ICC every hour demanding some action on their part. :lol:

might be nice if you called and said 'thank you' now that he is in school....:cool:

Not to be a downer, but I've wondered all day if in fact the NCAA has cleared him. Today is the first day of school. We've been under the impression that he was cleared already by CU. Could he not start school and enroll while still awaiting the NCAA? Ringo has been the only word on this (quoting his Mom). I'm still cautious here.

He's in school. Great! Want to hear he is practicing and fully cleared to play from the AD still.....

Not to be a downer, but I've wondered all day if in fact the NCAA has cleared him. Today is the first day of school. We've been under the impression that he was cleared already by CU. Could he not start school and enroll while still awaiting the NCAA? Ringo has been the only word on this (quoting his Mom). I'm still cautious here.

He's in school. Great! Want to hear he is practicing and fully cleared to play from the AD still.....

That's the first thing I wondered, but it seemed to have been settled by his mother's comment that he could practice today.

Glad I was able to find this one.

Be nice to see Andre be productive for us in 2010. I feel like he never had much of a chance in 2009 because he was so far behind the curve learning the offense and then having a QB change.

Glad I was able to find this one.

Be nice to see Andre be productive for us in 2010. I feel like he never had much of a chance in 2009 because he was so far behind the curve learning the offense and then having a QB change.

Best I can tell we "found this one" sometime last year... whats up?:smile2:

Best I can tell we "found this one" sometime last year... whats up?:smile2:

I'm searching for threads so I can put them in the Archive. All of the old links broke when we upgraded the software (thread names changed). Some threads are gone and some are just hiding.

So...

I FOUND THIS ONE!

:lol:

Back