What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

1-5 Texas Southern Tigers at 5-0 #19 Colorado Buffaloes - GAME THREAD

Texas Southern looks pretty good to me. It seems like we had a ****** first half combined with them playing way above where they would normally play

A real shame this Texas Southern team is ineligible for the NCAA Tournament, because they will surely win the SWAC and as they've shown tonight, are capable of knocking off the "big boys" on any given night

A real shame this Texas Southern team is ineligible for the NCAA Tournament, because they will surely win the SWAC and as they've shown tonight, are capable of knocking off the "big boys" on any given night
Are they on probation?

Lolol wow what a shot.

This game should make us better, need one of these games early in the season.

Cardiac kids are killing me, geuss I can care about basketball as much as football.

Josh is so nervous on TV :lol:

Someone needs to tell him to look into the camera

We were due for this type of performance, folks, as embarrassing as it is. It happens -- #22 Illinois beat Gardner-Webb 63-62 the other day. UConn went to 2OT against Quinipiac. Baylor lost to College of Charleston. Obviously it should never have gone to 2OT against a team of TX Southern's caliber, but I think a wake-up call like this before @ Wyoming and CSU is excellent timing. This team needed to learn that you can't just show up and expect an automatic W, regardless of opponent. When you're ranked, everyone is going to gun for you BIG TIME. Over the course of a 30+ game season, there are going to be games where the shots just aren't falling, but you have to fight through that and find a way to win.

Lastly, I'd like to congratulate Omar Strong on a truly excellent performance. He showed more heart out there tonight than the 9 other players on the court combined. 39 points is a truly special performance and I'm disappointed that this Texas Southern team won't get a chance to get into the spotlight of the Big Dance due to their NCAA infractions under the previous regime.

Learn from this Buffs. 6-0. Beat Wyoming.

Last edited:
****in christ, Strong was unconscious tonight. Still wasn't enough though.

Guess what, that number next to our name really does mean every team is gonna give us their best shot. Good lesson to learn while still getting the win.

They've been battle tested thus far and they're also well coached. Losing @Boise St who just gave Mich St a game on the road, @NW, and @Mich St. It was an ugly, sloppy win in which the other team looked like they wanted it more for parts of the game but CU still found a way to win. On top of all that, Dre fouled out and a few of the freshman had to step up. It was what we needed.

Congrats hippies. The Pac 12 needed the win however ugly it was...

Glad to get it out of our system tonight before 3 huge upcoming games.

I see you Bears have 3 huge upcoming games as well (@ Wisconsin, UNLV, #11 Creighton). Go 2-1 in those and you might find out what it feels like to be ranked in the top 25. Most importantly, beat UNLV. It's time we show these little MWC ****heads who's boss. We started the process a couple days ago, and have @ Wyoming and CSU as our next two games. It's beyond time for the Pac to shut the MWC up.

several of their sports are, for the nefarious "lack of institutional control" banner awarded to them by the ncaa. I think I heard that even the band is banned from events (not sure if true).

They got in some deep ****, and this is the third time this has happened with them. 129 players in 13 sports competed while ineligible over the span of 7 years. Also boosters involved in recruiting and exceeding scholarship limits.

-5 years probation

-2 year post-season ban for football

-1 year post-season ban for basketball

On the bright side, they now have Mike Davis (took Indiana to the NCAA Championship Game in 2002 and also coached UAB) as their coach. As you saw tonight, he's a very solid get for a school of Texas Southern's caliber

Back