What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

1-5 Texas Southern Tigers at 5-0 #19 Colorado Buffaloes - GAME THREAD

Glad to get it out of our system tonight before 3 huge upcoming games.

I see you Bears have 3 huge upcoming games as well (@ Wisconsin, UNLV, #11 Creighton). Go 2-1 in those and you might find out what it feels like to be ranked in the top 25. Most importantly, beat UNLV. It's time we show these little MWC ****heads who's boss. We started the process a couple days ago, and have @ Wyoming and CSU as our next two games. It's beyond time for the Pac to shut the MWC up.

I agree. Tough victory for CU but better now than later. Everyone needs a wake up call-good for the soul. Creighton looks like the real deal-not sure what UNLV has at the moment. We will be challenged especially without Kreklow. I don't think you guys will have any problem with Wyoming or CSU. Tad is legit. Good luck!

"If we don't play better than we did tonight the next 4 we are 6-4." Tad

"Dre has to play better with fouls. The 4th foul was on 'dre. The 5th (not so much)."

"Decent at the line."

"Too much standing around on offense. In practice we move. Not tonight."

"Great opportunity to learn."

Last edited:
I agree. Tough victory for CU but better now than later. Everyone needs a wake up call-good for the soul. Creighton looks like the real deal-not sure what UNLV has at the moment. We will be challenged especially without Kreklow. I don't think you guys will have any problem with Wyoming or CSU. Tad is legit. Good luck!

UNLV is solid. Currently 3-1 and ranked 20/24. Not sure they're actually *quite* as good as their ranking suggests, but certainly a legit top 35 NCAA Tournament team. I caught most of their game this past weekend where Oregon went into Vegas and got the 83-79 win against them (fair warning, Altman looks to have the Ducks a little better than anticipated this year). You Bears should be able to beat UNLV at home, but the Rebs are talented and capable of beating anyone when things are clicking for them. Bennett is their big scorer, and they have a kid named Moser who is a big time beast on the boards.

As for us, both Wyo and CSU will be difficult. Wyoming is 6-0 (admittedly hasn't played anyone of note), but they came into Boulder and beat us last season with an excellent gameplan. Also, it's on the road, and you know how hostile those MWC gyms can be when they have the chance to knock off a Pac team. Not going to lie, that one worries me a lot. In regards to CSU, they are a quality side and legit NCAA Tournament team. The Rammies are 5-0 and just went into Seattle and completely owned the Huskies by 20 points. They don't have the talent we do, but Eustachy is a good coach and as always, facing CU is their game of the century. We lost up there by 1 on a basket that rolled around the rim last year. The good news is that our guys will be plenty motivated to go out and set the record straight against both Wyo and CSU. And, well, when it comes down to it we're just vastly more talented than either of those teams. College basketball works in strange, funny ways though...especially on the road.

CVille...you worry too much-which is natural for a true fan. If your team can pull their heads out of their asses after tonight (which I think you will with Tad in charge) you roll on Wyoming. They don't know the PAC this year. They think they do but they will be severely outmatched. I have watched you guys a bit too. Think you go on to bitch slap CSU too. Go Pac 12. Represent.

Just got home from the game and will give more of a recap tomorrow but CU has the same problem they had last year, physical teams. Tx So played us tough and physical with everybody from ski to Scott. Nobody really matched their toughness outside of XJ, he does not like it when he gets pushed around, he will body right back up.

Were there postgame comments regarding SHT benching? I understand why he was benched - his minutes in the first half were a disaster, just felt that losing his size really hurt the foul situation. Wondering if there was a stated expectation regarding minutes moving forward. Adams pulled good minutes and Eli played well yet again.

Seems like we were hurt his size against their bigs - but clearly need a huge step up. I flash back to 'Furd last year and how we struggled. Any thoughts on who we would like to see pick up time if he loses minutes in the next few games?

I'd say that SHT is out of the rotation at this point. I was there across from the bench, and not only did Tad not play him after his four minutes of failure, he didn't even look at him. He's Ben Mills at this point. XJ is the new relief for Josh Scott. Interesting to note that the sixth and seventh men appear to be the Mater Dei freshmen. That means of our top seven players on the roster, five are freshmen or sophomores. These are going to be some fun years going forward. Walking out I heard a young woman say to her boyfriend/husband "We need to go online when we get home and see how much season tickets are!"

Last edited:
Were there postgame comments regarding SHT benching? I understand why he was benched - his minutes in the first half were a disaster, just felt that losing his size really hurt the foul situation. Wondering if there was a stated expectation regarding minutes moving forward. Adams pulled good minutes and Eli played well yet again.

Seems like we were hurt his size against their bigs - but clearly need a huge step up. I flash back to 'Furd last year and how we struggled. Any thoughts on who we would like to see pick up time if he loses minutes in the next few games?

Boyle said Shane Harris-Tunks struggles against smaller, more athletic teams. Said they'll need him throughout the year.. mentioned Wyoming and Kansas in particular

First 6-0 start for the Buffs since '89/'90. (They also totally fell apart that season and finished 12-18). Long season ahead folks, but certainly an encouraging start.

Tonight can be good for a team. We'll find out how they react.

I think I'm glad for a wake-up call before the tough trip to Wyoming. Biggest issue tonight was the standing around on offense and that would absolutely kill the Buffs against Wyoming (which will be the first zone defense we've faced).

Tonight can be good for a team. We'll find out how they react.

I think I'm glad for a wake-up call before the tough trip to Wyoming. Biggest issue tonight was the standing around on offense and that would absolutely kill the Buffs against Wyoming (which will be the first zone defense we've faced).

Totally agree. I also think it may have been something of a perfect storm. Colorado ranking getting to the young team's heads. The media circus that has been very close to home for these kids and coaches. A desperate and hungry opponent who had a guy play the game of his career.

Big thing though was they found a way to win, and have a chance to learn from it.

Hopefully a good learning experience for this young team....The higher that ranking goes the harder it will be to win each week as the other team will give you everything they got to pull the upset

Timing couldn't be better and hope they respond and get some revenge on a Wyoming team on Saturday....1 game at a time

Boyle said Shane Harris-Tunks struggles against smaller, more athletic teams. Said they'll need him throughout the year.. mentioned Wyoming and Kansas in particular

SHT played like SHT, and really has all year. He has some decent post moves but just looks soft and unaware out there. Seems like the game moves too fast for him. Other than XJ, our front court depth is slim and it will hurt us this year, sorry to say. It's imperative that Roberson and Scott stay out of foul trouble this year.

SHT played like SHT, and really has all year. He has some decent post moves but just looks soft and unaware out there. Seems like the game moves too fast for him. Other than XJ, our front court depth is slim and it will hurt us this year, sorry to say. It's imperative that Roberson and Scott stay out of foul trouble this year.

Wonder about that decision to redshirt Gordon....

Fify..... Just watch, Strong will shoot 25% and score 7 points in his next outing.

Most likely as that was what he was averaging coming into this game. 26% and 8.7 pts. Gunners/volume shooters can get hot and have nights like last night.

Most likely as that was what he was averaging coming into this game. 26% and 8.7 pts. Gunners/volume shooters can get hot and have nights like last night.

I also think they left it all on the court. A 9 man rotation, 8 for the end of regulation and the two overtimes, had to exhaust them. I bet SDSU beats them by 25+

Back