What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA ATH Donnie Duncan (Signed to Colorado - DNQ)

Re: '10 CA WR Donnie Duncan (Committed to Colorado)

Back to Donnie Duncan, do you guys think we should switch him from WR to ATH? That's how Rivals has him. We'll supposedly give him a shot at WR, but I don't think anyone will be overly surprised if he ends up playing DB.

I don't think Bandison has proven a thing yet. Kasa and Nuckols were the only high gets in my opinion, and Martin this year seems more attracted to Hawk than anything. I would really like to get rid of Bandison, amongst others.

And it is hard to give him credit for Nuckols. The guy will never play a down for CU and basically came here because he did not have many other options due to poor academic standing.

Back to Donnie Duncan, do you guys think we should switch him from WR to ATH? That's how Rivals has him. We'll supposedly give him a shot at WR, but I don't think anyone will be overly surprised if he ends up playing DB.

That's a tough call. Depends on what the rest of the class of WR or CB brings in.

Based on the current roster the only underclassmen at WR in 2010 will be Jefferson, Ussery, Darden, and Ebner plus the 2010 recruits.

Trying to space out our graduation classes is still important, no matter how much help we need in the upcoming seasons. Having McKnight, Clemons, Simas, Simmons, Espinoza, and maybe Wright returning as WR next season should get us through until the youngsters are ready.

At CB, we have more urgency for a recruit to be ready to play in 2011 due to graduations, so if he was to play there I think he has a greater chance of playing sooner and making more of an impact.

Really I think we are in a position to develop the player to his talents, rather than force him into a position of need.

He looked really good on the defensive side of the ball in the video imo :thumbsup:

Good news on the recruiting front. It looks like Hagan and Duncan have sold teamate Tremaine Love (WR/DB) on the Buffs. We haven't offered, but probably will in early December after he gets his SAT score and comes from his official visit. I'll get a profile on Love up later. A poster on Rivals said Love's dad is former Buff player Sam Rogers. :thumbsup:

Uh, I have to be wrong here, but wasn't Sam Rogers an OL here like, really recently? Is there maybe two? Or more likely I'm just an idiot.

Uh, I have to be wrong here, but wasn't Sam Rogers an OL here like, really recently? Is there maybe two? Or more likely I'm just an idiot.

I think you are thinking of Victor Rogers

LB that played a bit in the League, iirc. I'm sure someone who's more up on his Buffs history can fill us in.

You have to give the coaches a ton of credit for being able to recruit in the current atmosphere

Yeah Victor crossed my mind, but I could've swore it was someone named Sam. Maybe Sam Wilder and Victor Rogers somehow morphed into one in my mind? Oh how 3 hours of sleep effects the thought process.

Just googled Sam Rogers and he was indeed a LB who was drafted in 94, so that makes a lot more sense.

Re: '10 CA ATH Donnie Duncan (Committed to Colorado)

Scout now has a profile up for Donnie Duncan.

Also, I switched him from WR to ATH. He's definitely as much a CB as a WR (much like Anthony Wright), so we could see him at either or both positions at CU.

Re: '10 CA ATH Donnie Duncan (Committed to Colorado)

Rivals previously had Duncan unranked. They now have him as their #65 cornerback. :cool:

Scout also finally put together an evaluation. The have his as a 2* WR at #138 on their list.

Duncan did not academically qualify. He will need to take a few courses at a community college this fall and will join the Buffs in January for the spring semester.

"I will be there in January is all I am thinking about. I keep counting down the days and right now I only have three weeks of school left and in little more than a month, I'll be able to go to school and live on campus [at CU]."

Just some of a great interview that Adam was able to get on Rivals. Link

according to buffzone, his offer is still good. Which goes against what some of the other pay sites have been saying recently.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_16851035

Makes me happy because this kid has already moved to boulder and is working hard to get eligible. Also, some think he was one of the more talented kids in the class.

Yeah, if JE pulled his scholarship, that'd be a pretty douche move. Kid has been trying to get here for quite awhile, not like Farrow or Sherry who can move on pretty easily.

Duncan is a playmaker. I hope he finished his semester strong and is admitted to CU for January.

Glad that Embree wants him.

according to buffzone, his offer is still good. Which goes against what some of the other pay sites have been saying recently.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_16851035

Makes me happy because this kid has already moved to boulder and is working hard to get eligible. Also, some think he was one of the more talented kids in the class.

I am with you on this one, would have been ****ty to pull either grey-shirts

We should with Donnie the best. He will be a nice player for someone.

As I said in a different thread, Embree is coming in with a philosophy that we need to reduce the number of academic risks in our football program. Of those students admitted to CU from the 2010 recruiting class, 67% were in the bottom 1% of students admitted to CU (Bohn interview with AZ's Buff Scoop). Couple that with our APR penalty last year (and the plan that must be submitted to by CU to the NCAA to fix it). Embree's stance is that he will only take an academic risk if the player is evaluated by him to be a true difference maker on the field. He doesn't want to have to worry about academic troubles from the bench as we saw under Hawkins.

Anyone who was worried about Embree being shy about making tough decisions on people, at least this should put that to rest. He's doing things his way and his focus is on winning.

Yeah, but we keep dropping committed players and time seems to be running out.

We all knew that this would be a lost recruiting class. Now saying that, there's no reason that he can't enroll and walk on to the team and show what he can do and keep his grades up.

Back