What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA ATH Harold Mobley (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 CA TE Harold Mobley

Don't expect him to commit to Nebraska. The only way we take another d-lineman is if it's a highly rated recruit. IMO.

Re: '10 CA ATH Harold Mobley

I just updated Mobley's profile based on some revisions by the scouting services.

Rivals rating: 3*; #34 Athlete
Scout rating: 2*; #60 Tight End
ESPN rating: 3* - 78 grade; #63 Wide Receiver

I decided to move him to ATH in our database, since Mobley also projects well at Defensive End in addition to TE/WR.

Update on Mobley today in his home town newspaper's blog:

http://blogs.pe.com/news/digest/2010/01/roosevelt-highs-mobley-to-atte.html

Roosevelt High's Mobley to attend Nebraska on scholarship
By PE Sports on January 5, 2010 11:15 AM

Eastvale Roosevelt football standout Harold Mobley will be attending Nebraska, Mustangs coach Bill Stacy told The Press-Enterprise.

Mobley, who split time at receiver and quarterback this season, is the fifth player from Roosevelt to make a college commitment in recent weeks. Most college receruiting Web sites project the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Mobley as a tight end or receiver at the next level.

Mobley will be joining teammate Josh Mitchell (a cornerback) in Linclon. Other Moustangs who have made commitments are receivers Austin Hill and Tyler Slavin (Arizona) and cornerback Aaron Brown (Nevada).

Take this with a grain of salt. "Red Sea Scrolls", the NU message board on Rivals, reports that the Corn hasn't even spoken to Mobley since they were out visiting their commit (Josh Mitchell) before Christmas.

Also speculation that he could be signed and stashed for a year at a JUCO. Stay tuned.

It seems that either Mobley's coach fed the paper some mis-information or Nebraska did not take his commitment. Chatter on the NU boards that there may be issues with qualifying, but Rivals reports a 3.5 gpa. Could be that Rivlas has bad info or he doesn't have a qualifying test score, but I believe it's most likely that the Nubs simply did not have room for Mobley in this class.

Anyway, he's not going to Nebraska. UCLA hasn't stepped up with an offer. He's visiting Nevada this weekend. Rivals now has his interest in CU as "High" and Nebraska & Nevada only at "Medium".

Could we be taking 4 TEs this cycle?

If so, do they all stay at TE?

This should be interesting.

You guys will enjoy this one:

[video=youtube;axSmAGXGUvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axSmAGXGUvU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axSmAGXGUvU[/video]

Certainly worth the risk, but I don't think he's a qualifying risk. I think this guy is pure athlete and we'll figure out a place for him to play. BTW, that bench press is what basketball players bench!

New Rivals article:

"But I have a fairly good idea of what school I am going to commit to."

Which program has the edge?

"I am thinking Colorado right now," Mobley responded.

Mobley had an in-home visit with CU head coach Dan Hawkins and tight ends coach Kent Riddle on Thursday night.

"The coaches and the people there are just amazing," he said of Colorado. "There are nothing but good people around out there. I just really like it."

Mobley would be a great get for CU! Dude is a great athlete, and could play everything from TE, WR, and DE. Best of luck on getting him.

If ****braska's balking at someone because of grades, we should stay far far away.

Mantra for this class of risks is oversign oversign oversign. If 5-10 don't get in it hurts a lot less if we sign 25+ then 20. If the coaches are gonna take on academic risks that have the talent to play... There is no reason not to accept a commit.

Rivals reports a 3.5 GPA.
I saw one Nub posting say he was no longer being sought by NU due to grade risks. This may be the only tidbit mentioned on his grades, at least that I've seen.
Usually the Nubs post that a guy isn't good enough for them.
He tripped to CU and NU in successive weeks. He was in LIncoln for their win over OU.
His cousin is John Mobley, former Bronco LB.
Said that CU was recruiting him as a TE.
Was waiting out UCLA for an offer, which doesn't seem forthcoming.
CU seems pretty full at TE to me (3 verbals), but nearly all our TE's are athletes and I don't think we can have enough 6'5" athletes.
Mobley was recruited by some schools as an athlete and as a DE. Recruited by Carl Pelini (NU), so they were thinking Defense.
Played quarterback, wide receiver, tight end, defensive end, middle linebacker and long snapper during his high school career

Last edited:
No downside to getting Mobley to sign a LOI. As has been mentioned, you can't have enough 6-5 athletes.

Rivals reports a 3.5 GPA.
I saw one Nub posting say he was no longer being sought by NU due to grade risks. This may be the only tidbit mentioned on his grades, at least that I've seen.
Usually the Nubs post that a guy isn't good enough for them.
He tripped to CU and NU in successive weeks. He was in LIncoln for their win over OU.
His cousin is John Mobley, former Bronco LB.
Said that CU was recruiting him as a TE.
Was waiting out UCLA for an offer, which doesn't seem forthcoming.
CU seems pretty full at TE to me (3 verbals), but nearly all our TE's are athletes and I don't think we can have enough 6'5" athletes.
Mobley was recruited by some schools as an athlete and as a DE. Recruited by Carl Pelini (NU), so they were thinking Defense.
Played quarterback, wide receiver, tight end, defensive end, middle linebacker and long snapper during his high school career

Especially if they offer and he goes elsewhere.

Mantra for this class of risks is oversign oversign oversign. If 5-10 don't get in it hurts a lot less if we sign 25+ then 20. If the coaches are gonna take on academic risks that have the talent to play... There is no reason not to accept a commit.

:yeahthat:
Can't argue with anything you're saying here.

He is plenty good. NU just had to take a sure qualifier ready to commit(Bell) or wait and hope with Mobley. Win either way. DE was out of the question because Owa, the Nigerian guy from Oregon whose name I don't want to try to spell, is pretty much decided on NU.

Nik or someone else, what's going on w/ Mobley? I thought he was to pull the trigger early in the week.

Nik or someone else, what's going on w/ Mobley? I thought he was to pull the trigger early in the week.

He was supposed to.

He also may still have some work to do in the classroom, so even if he does sign on Wednesday we'll probably be sweating it out like we did with Moten, Nuckols, Simon, etc. last year.

Waiting until National Signing Day to announce:

"Harold is going to announce tomorrow at 10:30 am (PST) and it is between Nevada and Colorado," Eleanor Roosevelt head coach Bill Stacy told BuffStampede.com on Tuesday. "He visited Nebraska, Colorado and Nevada.

"He likes Colorado and Nevada because of how they use their tight end and because of the tight ends coach at both programs."

Read more...

One of his teammates is a NV commit. They do run a good offense. I think Kiesau's offense started to emerge though this year and should be more than a bit exciting next year.

how reliable is your info on the grade issue? I saw it on Rivals too and it seems to trace back to one poster on a NU thread. You got some hard information? Could be we are taking a chance (why not this year?) like we did with Simon and Nuckols, whereas your beloved Husker's aren't in that position I suppose.

how reliable is your info on the grade issue? I saw it on Rivals too and it seems to trace back to one poster on a NU thread. You got some hard information? Could be we are taking a chance (why not this year?) like we did with Simon and Nuckols, whereas your beloved Husker's aren't in that position I suppose.

Adam seemed to hint a few days ago that Mobley's coach told him there was still work to be done in the classroom.

Back