What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA ATH Harold Mobley (Signed to Colorado)

Word is that Mobley is either a "Sign & Place" (he'd send a LOI but end up at a JUCO) or he's going to be down to the wire of getting through the NCAA and CU Admissions (maybe a late qualifier like Moten this past year).

Yeah, but Adam also said Spond was announcing Wed morning..... He's guilty of passing on 2nd hand information too often imo.

This was apparently info Mobley's coach told him directly so it is different than the Spond info.

how reliable is your info on the grade issue? I saw it on Rivals too and it seems to trace back to one poster on a NU thread. You got some hard information? Could be we are taking a chance (why not this year?) like we did with Simon and Nuckols, whereas your beloved Husker's aren't in that position I suppose.

Grades are the only reason we backed off. Couldn't turn away other qualified guys viewed as equal in talent on a hope that he gets it together.

Grades are the only reason we backed off. Couldn't turn away other qualified guys viewed as equal in talent on a hope that he gets it together.

More importantly, I think, is it started looking like you were getting Owa at DE, you didn't need another TE after you got the JUCO, and you didn't have room for a 2nd DL addition to the class.

If he signs here, we are either getting a liar or a guy with a 3.5 GPA. If he isn't qualified, I hope it's a case of someone who got some bad advise from his counselor on NCAA entrance requirements. Hopefully, it's like Will-Jeff where he has to do some summer school to get a class or two. Certainly can use another TE in competition but somehow I've felt this guy goes to the DL quickly. I'm sure Pelini was recruiting him that way.

Word is that Mobley is in at CU. I won't believe it until I see it official.

Word coming from Husker Nation all along is that NU decided to not allow him to commit because of grade questions. This was never officially confirmed (these grade things rarely are) but everyone ran with it. EvilBeak above stated it as though it were fact and that his Huskers took Harper as a TE, stating something to the effect that Mobley was too risky and they needed to fill their need with a sure qualifier.

As it looks now, Harper won't get into NU and will be back at Juco and Mobley is in at CU! Funny how things that are sometimes speculated become fact. I stated above at the time that if NU thought he wouldn't get in, it made absolutely no sense for CU to be taking him.

Mobley is a great athlete by all accounts and someone did a damn good job of making sure the i's were dotted and t's were crossed. If in fact he is in at CU, of course. Never can be sure about these internet "facts". But I'll take Mobley at CU and thank NU for the gift (if in fact any of this is true whatsoever). ;)

Last edited:
Word is that Mobley is in at CU. I won't believe it until I see it official.

Word coming from Husker Nation all along is that NU decided to not allow him to commit because of grade questions. This was never officially confirmed (these grade things rarely are) but everyone ran with it. EvilBeak above stated it as though it were fact and that his Huskers took Harper as a TE, stating something to the effect that Mobley was too risky and they needed to fill their need with a sure qualifier.

As it looks now, Harper won't get into NU and will be back at Juco and Mobley is in at CU! Funny how things that are sometimes speculated become fact. I stated above at the time that if NU thought he wouldn't get in, it made absolutely no sense for CU to be taking him.

Mobley is a great athlete by all accounts and someone did a damn good job of making sure the i's were dotted and t's were crossed. If in fact he is in at CU, of course. Never can be sure about these internet "facts". But I'll take Mobley at CU and thank NU for the gift (if in fact any of this is true whatsoever). ;)

You are right about the speculation aspect, nobody who actually knows anything is talking, nor do they usually in matters like this.

I am always amazed at according to huskerpediophile any kid who didn't go to kNU "wasn't going to make his grades" or "we backed off because of character issues" or "his spot was filled by someone who has better talent." In the fantasy world of the corn, any kid who would go someplace other than the Harvard of Corn Country to play football must automatically have something wrong with them.

Might it just be that Mobley didn't want to spend 4-5 years smelling manure, living on a communist era inspired campus, and watching the snow and gray skies move over the silos?

You are right about the speculation aspect, nobody who actually knows anything is talking, nor do they usually in matters like this.

I am always amazed at according to huskerpediophile any kid who didn't go to kNU "wasn't going to make his grades" or "we backed off because of character issues" or "his spot was filled by someone who has better talent." In the fantasy world of the corn, any kid who would go someplace other than the Harvard of Corn Country to play football must automatically have something wrong with them.

Might it just be that Mobley didn't want to spend 4-5 years smelling manure, living on a communist era inspired campus, and watching the snow and gray skies move over the silos?

After a recruit has seen the weightroom and has had his image projected on Huskervision, nothing else matters. Factors like proximity to family, the vibrant nightlife of the cracker white Nebraska Capitol city, the crummy midwest weather and thd surrounding 500 miles of sparcely inhabited prairie disappear.

Yeah, that's too funny. What they won't ever show on Huskervision is the Lincoln cops quietly handling any sort of legal issues with players, etc.

i have it from a reliable source that harold mobley was admitted today mere moments ago

Last edited:
Ringo confirmed yesterday that Mobley has cleared CU admissions!!!

:woot:

Back