What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Committed to Colorado)

He recently camped at an elite 11 camp and seemed to do well. He was there with Hinder, Nottingham and few others CU was after as well. I suspect he'll get his rivals evaluation shorty, and be high 2 star, low 3 star, similar to Hansen.

What I am curious about is his height, pretty big discrepancy between 6-4 and 6-2

He recently camped at an elite 11 camp and seemed to do well. He was there with Hinder, Nottingham and few others CU was after as well. I suspect he'll get his rivals evaluation shorty, and be high 2 star, low 3 star, similar to Hansen.

What I am curious about is his height, pretty big discrepancy between 6-4 and 6-2

I'll split the difference and call him 6-3 and still be happy :smile2:

ESPN's Tom Luginbill said of the news, "Colorado may have gotten one of the bigger steals in this class as Hirschman has terrific upside for the multiple set scheme Dan Hawkins employs. He has size, arm strength, accuracy and with further development could become a powerful passer from within the pocket. This is a kid that we were a bit surprised did not get more attention than he's gotten to this point, but that is Colorado's gain now."

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recr...ool?schoolId=38&page=briefingroom&season=2010

Very interesting. It seems that the staff does a very good job at thoroughly evaluating players. Speedy is a great example of that. a "2 star" but man did he produce. I think we will see most of these "lesser known" guys really produce for us.

Welcome to the Black 'n Gold Nick! GO BUFFS!!!

Meh 2/3 cusp guy that will probably preform decent during his senior season slowly winning over fans. Who will then make a surprise switch to idaho at the last second which will have the side effect of fans turning Danny Spond into the second coming of Clark Evans.

Very interesting. It seems that the staff does a very good job at thoroughly evaluating players. Speedy is a great example of that. a "2 star" but man did he produce. I think we will see most of these "lesser known" guys really produce for us.

Someone's been saying that the most impressive incoming frosh has been Deji. I think he was the lowest rated recruit we got.

I hope so cause the 4-5 stars haven't panned out...........yet:thumbsup:

I thought I read somewhere that this guy was in the espn top 150? Maybe it was top 150 QB's?

Someone's been saying that the most impressive incoming frosh has been Deji. I think he was the lowest rated recruit we got.

Is this a source you can't reveal? I think I pick Deji as one of my recruits who would surprise, just can't find the thread.

Yup that's pretty good news. But, once they put pads on I think he is going to look a little less impressive as of right now. He is currently around 170 lbs so he will need a while to develop physically

Yup that's pretty good news. But, once they put pads on I think he is going to look a little less impressive as of right now. He is currently around 170 lbs so he will need a while to develop physically

I'm happy with a 6-2, 170lb corner. :thumbsup: Anything more is icing on the cake!:lol:

....I do see your point though slider. :thumbsup:

I'm happy with a 6-2, 170lb corner. :thumbsup: Anything more is icing on the cake!:lol:

....I do see your point though slider. :thumbsup:

Ya Gardner McKay played at that weight as a frosh too so we'll see. I think Deji is a little more raw since he was a futballer and only started playing football his Soph year. Hawk seems to do really well with 2*'s tho.

Who has been saying that and what is impressive about him?

Who has been saying that and what is impressive about him?

it was said on rivals that the coaches were really impressed with him in the 7 on 7's. i think we definitely redshirt him regardless to allow him to fill out. we sure are going after bigger, yet athletic corners though, and i think it will pay off in the long run.

it was said on rivals that the coaches were really impressed with him in the 7 on 7's. i think we definitely redshirt him regardless to allow him to fill out. we sure are going after bigger, yet athletic corners though, and i think it will pay off in the long run.

It makes sense to redshirt Deji, even if he's impressing folks now. But ya never know - they may want to get him some experience, ala Cunningham last year.

Stay tuned......we'll know here in a couple of months.

Can the coaches watch 7 on 7's? I thought that was taboo.

Yay. I can catch this kid in high school next year. I think it's only a 45 minute train ride down the peninsula.

I like the variety of options we are building at QB... drop back/pro style mixed with scrambler types. I like having a variety of options for an offense to choose from. Spice of life and all that :smiles2:. Also, it helps in the future because we all know we won't keep our staff together forever, so having versatility on the bench should hopefully keep any changeover from costing us too much.

Found this interview with Nick on the Ralphie Report. click here

Sounds like a great kid and has the desire to be a great QB. I hope everything falls into place with Nick or Clark. One of these guys has to be the real deal, right?

Found this interview with Nick on the Ralphie Report. click here

Sounds like a great kid and has the desire to be a great QB. I hope everything falls into place with Nick or Clark. One of these guys has to be the real deal, right?

Great interview--he's mature. 6 foot 3.5ish, 215. From the horse's mouth.

In general, how do the Oklahoma's and Texas's of the Big 12 fare again QB's that are mobile, versus pro style quarterbacks? Thats a good indicator of who we should be recruiting. IE, To beat the best, should we go after the Reesings, and Zac Robinsons in recruiting, or the less fleet footed type, that have size. Ideally, we get a guy that has both size and speed, but it seems awfully hard to recruit the complete package because were not big boi status yet.

In general, how do the Oklahoma's and Texas's of the Big 12 fare again QB's that are mobile, versus pro style quarterbacks? Thats a good indicator of who we should be recruiting. IE, To beat the best, should we go after the Reesings, and Zac Robinsons in recruiting, or the less fleet footed type, that have size. Ideally, we get a guy that has both size and speed, but it seems awfully hard to recruit the complete package because were not big boi status yet.

Clark Evans :eek:fftopic:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71U0Bp5IvwU&feature=PlayList&p=BE463FA98A391B3E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=44"]YouTube - The Next Tim Tebow?[/ame]

Back