1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'10 CA RB Adam Muema (Signed to San Diego State)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN

[​IMG]
    Charter Oak HS (Covina, CA)

Ht: 5-foot-10
    Wt: 175 lbs
    Forty: 4.62 secs

Rivals rating: 3*; #70 Running Back
    Scout rating: 2*; #120 Running Back
    ESPN rating: 2*; #207 Running Back

2. Buffnik

Re: '10 CA RB Adam Muema

According to an article linked in teammate A.J. Powell's profile thread, Muema will be visiting Colorado along with his teammates in January. :thumbsup:

Muema's current offers are from Nevada, San Diego State and UTEP.

3. Buffnik

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Re: '10 CA RB Adam Muema

alllright! #1 rated RB in cali! we are 1 for 2 on those :smile2:

5. Buffnik

New Scout article by Ringo on Muema's recruitment status with the Buffs. If it was down to Tony Jones, Adam Muema and Mister Jones (and we're taking 2 RBs), then I'd actually go with Muema over Mister at this point. It's better if both our RBs aren't academic risks (as Boulder Buff pointed out in the Tony Jones thread):

"I had a good experience," Muema said. "It was cold, but I made a connection with the coaches and the players. I liked the weight room and facilities and the Thunder Chute room."

Muema said he deals primarily with CU running backs coach Darian Hagan in the recruiting process. He said his relationship with Hagan is improving all the time and Hagan is supposed to visit him on Friday.

He said Colorado coaches have told him he has a scholarship offer from the program, but he's hoping for a written offer so he can feel more confident about the situation. Until then, he's staying patient and continuing to talk to other programs that he says have offered him. They include Washington State, San Diego State and Colorado State.

Muema said he is scheduled to visit Washington State on Jan. 15 and San Diego State on Jan. 22. He said he will have a much better idea of where he will attend college after completing those trips.

Muema said he should know by then what the Colorado coaching staff has decided about him and his teammates, and that will play a big part in his decision. He said Colorado coaches have told him they are recruiting two other running backs as well.

"I guess it's just who really commits first will get the job," he said.

Read more...

6. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

He committed to San Diego State. RB options are becoming really scarce now.

7. walk

walk Member

We slow played him and he didn't wait around. I might be alone, but I don't like the idea of putting everything on T. Jones. He'll likely not qualify.

8. Duff Man

Putting everything on Tony Jones regardless of admissions issues is not wise. Taking one RB over two classes would just kill depth at that position.

9. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

Where did you read that BS about Jones?

10. Duff Man

What BS? It is widely acknowledged that he has had grade issues that scared off other programs. Until he sets foot on campus, you cannot take it for granted. We have seen this story before.

11. walk

walk Member

BS about T. Jones? Are you kidding. Here are the facts: He plays on the best HS team in the country that is recruited by every Div. 1 school in the country. T. Jones is not unknown and is not a sleeper. Yet, he has 1 offer and it's from CU where he commits without visiting???? He has a visit to freaking MAINE in two weeks. Maine has not even offered though. If he was solid to CU, why would he be visiting MAINE. What do you make out of those facts? Either he isn't any good or there are other reasons no one but CU and Maine are recruiting him.

12. Buffnik

Good luck to Muema. Judging from his film, he looks like a solid D1 football player.

13. LongHaulBuff

It was stated like it would be next to impossible for him to be in Boulder at any point. So I call BS. I have read positive things about his situation. While I understand there is a chance he won't make it I would not call it "unlikely" that he will.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  14. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

15. walk

walk Member

Fair enough. I have no idea if T. Jones will qualify or whether he is close or already has. All I "know" (I really don't know a thing other than reading other posts) is that the only offer he has this close to signing day is from Colorado and he will visit Maine (a place I would not consider a big 12 caliber back to usually visit unless something is up). To me, that raises concerns and, so as not to hijack this thread, I wish the coaches hadn't slow played Muema.

16. LongHaulBuff

On this we agree.:bang:

17. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

Of course he is "close"...haven't you been listening for 4 years?

18. Darth Snow

might not be out of this

19. LongHaulBuff

Hmmmmmmmmm.....Really??? Do tell.

20. Darth Snow

despite his commitment there is apparently still an In-Home scheduled for this week with our coaches

21. Buffnik

I'd really like to see Muema as part of this class. As I've said, he's solid. I believe he can be another Sumler for us at the least (and I'm a Sumler fan). He may be a bit more sudden than Sumler, too, so there could be some upside beyond that.

22. Darth Snow

more sudden? Thats a new one!

23. Buffnik

I hadn't used that one before?

:lol:

Muema has good burst. :smile2:

24. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

25. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

IMO, the kids jumpoing on SDSU this year will regret in the long run. Much like 2005, they appear to be on the rise thanks to the Ball State coach coming in. But he will be gone before they are Seniors and the Cal State funding situation is much worst off than CU right now and they will not only lose him, but will have to gamble (probably from within) to keep it going.

Kids should pick a school, not a coach. There is zero chance (imo) the current coach will be there in 3 years, which is about when they will be Juniors....

CU is a much better school in every way and plays in a better conference, etc. Not only that but Hawkins will be wildly successful in 3 years or we will have the next hot coach from a place like Ball State in 3 years.

It's impossible to "time these things" and thus recruits should pick a school, not a coach.

26. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Why do you give him a zero percent chance to be there in 3 years? 1 year is all he got to prove to you he can turn it around? Yet you still want us to remain behind Hawk? :lol:

27. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

No, I think he'll be hired away by then.... This guy seems pretty good.

Ask the #1 RB in the country last year how he feels about committing to Lane Kiffen. Could have picked a real school....

28. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Oh okay, I thought you were saying he was going to be fired in the next couple of years.

Yeah got to feel bad for that kid, or anyone that signed with Tennessee last year, I'd be pretty pissed.

29. Buffnik

Supposedly Hagan is delivering a written offer with an in-home visit. Nothing confirmed, but thought I'd pass that along.

30. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I like Muema, but imo we really really need a true power back in this class especially with Sumler's transfer