What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA SG Jordin Mayes (Signed to Arizona)

Re: '10 CA SG Jordin Mayes

It doesn't seem like we're going after him very hard. Or maybe that's because of the lack of info on college basketball recruiting.

No inside info. Just my opinion.

I think it's due to the lack of info on college basketball recruiting, but that's just my personal opinion. To me, basketball recruiting news if dominated by the top schools and the best players. While Mayes could be considered a top player (when he commits, he will probably get a blurb on all the recruiting sites), CU still doesn't have the clout to garner consistent news coverage. I cancelled my subscriptions though a long time ago, so perhaps you know more than I do.

Bz is definitely targeting a big man, and unless Mayes acted like Witherspoon on his CU visit earlier this year, I would imagine he's still after Mayes. He's done nothing over the summer except impress people. I'm still hoping for this kid - him and Burks (and Hornbuckle at the three) would be a killer wing/backcourt combination. It does seem like he's a PAC-10 lean, but who knows...

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2009...ment-projections-december-edition-part-2.aspx

This guy thinks BC is in the lead, and CO is right behind.

http://www.montlakemadness.com/quick-recruiting-update-jordin-mayes/

This link states that the reports out there are wrong - Cal and UW are not in the mix for him. The PAC-10 does have two schools in on him, but he talked about liking BC in another article. Scout has a recent article up about him, saying he has three offers (I don't subscribe though). I find it interesting that BC is heavily in the mix now, because they have some solid guard play already. BC has Reggie Jackson (a SO from CO) and another PG locked up. With Burks' flexibility on the court, I still think we can offer him some minutes on the floor. With BC in the mix, it appears staying close to home isn't necessarily that important to him.

I really hope Bz is staying after this kid and on the hunt for another big.

Per ESPN:

Jordin Mayes headed to Pac 10
Class of 2010 guard Jordin Mayes ended his recruitment on Monday when he verbally committed to Arizona, ESPN affiliate www.WildcatSportsReport.com confirmed.

"Yeah man, I committed this morning to Arizona!", he sent in a text message to the site.

Mayes was in Tucson on Saturday for his official visit and made his decision shortly after he returned home.

"Jordin is one of the best unsigned seniors out west," offered ESPN.com Recruiting Coordinator Joel Francisco. "He has an excellent frame that should fill out nicely at the next level, but he isn't overly explosive.

"He can shoot it from deep on a consistent basis and his shot is fluid. He also handles the ball well in transition and he possesses the savvy to play some point as well."

Mayes fills a need for the Wildcats next season, according to Francisco.

"With Nic Wise exhausting his eligibility, Arizona was in a dire need of finding a guard that could spell some time at the point and knock down some shots from the perimeter," he said. "(Arizona head coach) Sean Miller has a nice nucleus of 4's and 3's in his program, and Mayes should alleviate some of the need at the 1 and the 2."

He joins shooting guard Daniel Bejarano in the Wildcats 2010 class.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=12&page=briefingroom&season=2010

Back