What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA WR Kenny Stills (Signed to Oklahoma)

Re: '10 CA WR Kenny Stills

So much for getting my hopes up. Scout recently reported and an Admin at Rivals just backed it up that Stills has chosen 3 official visits: Penn State, Oklahoma & Florida. Other 2 officials will be chosen from among LSU, Tennessee & Oregon. He'll also take some unofficials in-state, so Cal, UCLA, etc. are still in the mix.

This one is tough to take. I was really convinced we were a strong sleeper candidate for getting Stills.:sad1:

I thought we were a sleeper too, but I'm thinking he may end up at USC in the end anyway. Although that changes if USC lands Robert Woods and Kyle Prater (both 5*). Oklahoma is in the mix for Prater as well, along with Justin McCay out of Kansas. Once the dominoes start falling, the situation could change.

We make some noise early in the season and people like Stills will check us out. Right now, we are nothing more then a program with 3 losing seasons in a row and with a coach on the hot seat.

Oklahoma got Justin McCay out of Kansas today. Could be a WR or play on defense at the next level. They also have a big lead for 5* Darius White out of Texas. Stills may look elsewhere, especially since many think the reason he has not committed to USC already is because of the depth chart there. One guy to keep an eye on.

And the good news for the day is...

Stills announced that we're still in his Top 10! No particular order: California, UCLA, Oklahoma, Florida, Tennessee, Colorado, LSU, Oregon, Stanford and Penn State.

It would also seem he has a top three, because he's set up 3 visits to Florida, Oklahoma, and Penn State.

It would also seem he has a top three, because he's set up 3 visits to Florida, Oklahoma, and Penn State.

Sort of. I think he's planning to unofficially visit the California schools on his list. It looks like it would probably come down to us out-competing 2 of the other non-California schools for an official visit (Tennessee, LSU, Oregon).

Sort of. I think he's planning to unofficially visit the California schools on his list. It looks like it would probably come down to us out-competing 2 of the other non-California schools for an official visit (Tennessee, LSU, Oregon).
In other words, still no real changes for our hometown Buffs!:sad1:

Yep.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4414538&name=West_Recruiting

Stills has visits set with Penn State (Nov. 7), Oklahoma (Nov. 14) and Florida (Nov. 28). For his last two visits, Stills said he's looking at Michigan, LSU, Tennessee and Colorado and will take unofficials to Cal and UCLA.

Stills has visits set with Penn State (Nov. 7), Oklahoma (Nov. 14) and Florida (Nov. 28). For his last two visits, Stills said he's looking at Michigan, LSU, Tennessee and Colorado and will take unofficials to Cal and UCLA. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4414538&name=West_Recruiting

So he is going to Ohio St v. Penn St, TAMU v. OU, FSU v. Florida--those are some crazy games--we can't compete with those game day atmospheres.:wow:

So he is going to Ohio St v. Penn St, TAMU v. OU, FSU v. Florida--those are some crazy games--we can't compete with those game day atmospheres.:wow:

Our best date is probably Halloween, October 31st, Homecoming weekend, playing Missouri. I'm hoping that Mizzou isn't awful this year, because we really need that game to go national and be at night.

No doubt. One thing in our favor is that he has set up late visits to those teams. Penn State and OU already have WRs committed. Florida is rumored to have several big names at WR favoring them. It may be time to make some of those visits and teams will be moving on. That is essentially what USC has already done. We're obviously playing from behind here, but a good start would work wonders in situations like these.

North bounty

8fcbe376-3b96-5835-bc28-a73b9a56669f.image.jpg

La Costa Canyon's Stills at the forefront of a bumper crop of local gridiron recruits

ZACH JONES - For the North County Times

Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Kenny Stills discovered early that he had a future in Division I college football.
A year before he became eligible to play for La Costa Canyon High's varsity team, the freshman receiver hit the field with the Mavericks' upperclassmen during a summer passing league tournament at San Diego State.

It was there that Stills received his first scholarship offer ---- an informal verbal promise from Aztecs coach Chuck Long that Stills would always have a roster spot at his hometown university.

"It was kind of scary," Stills said. "I didn't really know what to expect. I hadn't even played freshman football yet, and it was really intimidating to have it come so early and kind of feel like a lot of weight was going to be put on my shoulders from then on."

More...

http://www.nctimes.com/sports/high-...678-5a81-93a0-2506190b5445.html?mode=comments

Stills making changes
Wideout Kenny Stills (Carlsbad, Calif./La Costa Canyon) picked up a new offer Thursday morning and is making some changes to his list.

Stills has already taken one official visit to Tennessee and will take an unofficial visit this weekend to Cal to watch the Bears take on USC.

"I'm excited, it should be a great game," Stills said. "Cal has been recruiting me hard from the beginning and they have always been in my top five. Right now, the schools I'm most interested in are Michigan, Florida, UCLA, Cal and Oklahoma and that's in no order."

The Wolverines just offered Stills on Thursday and likely take the place of a former Big 10 team on his list.
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4523268&name=West_Recruiting&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4523268%26name%3dWest_Recruiting

He said it's pretty much down to Oklahoma and Florida, but Miami could enter the mix. I think he'll probably keep the drama going until NSD. Kenny seems to enjoy it. :smile:

Re: '10 CA WR Kenny Stills (Committed to Oklahoma)

Kenny gave his commitment to Oklahoma today.

Back