What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO ATH Danny Spond (Signed to Notre Dame)

Re: '10 CO ATH Danny Spond (Comitted to Colorado 4/16/09)

Welcome Danny. We'll enjoy watching you roam the hollowed tundra of Folsom.

I don't care where the kid plays. Welcome aboard! Glad to have you as a Buff!

Columbine is the new Cherry Creek. It's better than Mullen.
- Ryan Miller
- Curtis Cunningham
- Danny Spond.

That's like 13 stars. Enjoy that Sr. season, free of recruiting drama.

- Ryan Miller
- Curtis Cunningham
- Danny Spond.

There's definitely a lot of talent coming out of Columbine. :thumbsup:

- Ryan Miller
- Curtis Cunningham
- Danny Spond.

As much as I hate to admit this, Mullen by far has the most talent in the state. It's too bad Mullen's coach doesn't help push his kids up to boulder like Lowry and Woolfork. Maybe Mullen can fire Logan and Hire Woolfork:smile2:

we should shoot a little higher than that imo.

well yeah, but can you argue with his rivals photo?

643677.jpg

Welcome Danny! :gobuffs: It would be nice if we could get 3-4 recruits to commit before the season starts.

Watching that video of him really makes me long for the days of the option.

As much as I hate to admit this, Mullen by far has the most talent in the state. It's too bad Mullen's coach doesn't help push his kids up to boulder like Lowry and Woolfork. Maybe Mullen can fire Logan and Hire Woolfork:smile2:

Not until we get Lexington Smith.

Just thinking out loud here on my keyboard, but which high school will have the most talent on the roster CU football next year?

East will have at least three guys coming on board; Columbine two (until Spond arrives and makes it three), Chapparral will have two, I think (Slota and Jack Harris) and Mullen has ... Mario Conte and ? are there others from Mullen? I can't think of any.

I'd have to look at the roster and see where the current players are from, but right now, Woolfork's guys appear to have an edge in the incoming class anyway. (There are no other East guys currently at CU, though.)

Just thinking out loud here on my keyboard, but which high school will have the most talent on the roster CU football next year?

East will have at least three guys coming on board; Columbine two (until Spond arrives and makes it three), Chapparral will have two, I think (Slota and Jack Harris) and Mullen has ... Mario Conte and ? are there others from Mullen? I can't think of any.

I'd have to look at the roster and see where the current players are from, but right now, Woolfork's guys appear to have an edge in the incoming class anyway. (There are no other East guys currently at CU, though.)

Maybe St. Bonaventure?

We also have Ben Burney, Bryce Givens, and Shawn Daniels from Mullen. Hopefully this time next year we'll be adding Nduka Onyeali too :smile:

Cue BCS with a Clark Evans joke...

We also have Ben Burney, Bryce Givens, and Shawn Daniels from Mullen. Hopefully this time next year we'll be adding Nduka Onyeali too :smile:

If CU pulls in Lexington Smith AND Oneyeli, the schools will be tied with current players next year.

:nod: & Rayshon Williams & Adonis Ameen-Moore the following year

No argument here...:smile2:

I think this video is more impressive than Clark Evans how do the different leagues they played in rate?

For those who have Scout premium, two different reporters evaluated Danny Spond independtly and then compared articles.

It's not on the CU pages, it's on the Colorado High School forums pages, so you might have missed it.

Bottom Line: Danny Spond
http://hscolorado.scout.com/2/859420.html

Without revealing premium cut and paste, both writers thought this was a great player.

Both liked:
his speed
his versatality
his strength (300 pound clean strength)

Both could see him contributing either as a QB or at a variety of other positions.

Both writers compared him to Tebow in their breakdowns.

Well, thanks to Spond, we now have the #45 class of 2010, according to Scout.

I know, Scout sucks. Just saying.

Danny Spond (Littleton, Colo./Columbine) also worked out with the quarterbacks and was one of the most impressive athletes in the camp. Still, it's tough to envision him remaining a quarterback at the next level, especially at a school like Colorado which runs a pro-style offense.

Spond is a bit raw mechanically and although he does have a strong arm, it will take a lot of time and development before he develops the skills to play quarterback at the college level. However, he is a tremendous athlete with a great body and it's easy to see him making an early impact at linebacker in college.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4277713

Back