What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO ATH Kenny Bell (Signed to Nebraska)

Re: '10 CO ATH Kenny Bell

I know one kid who left early in the middle of his visit and just said "there is nothing there for me."

So we'll wait and see. This is a kid who grew up in Boulder, he has a lot to compare to.

The recruitments of Bell and Bonnell have been a bit strange to say the least.

sure, and who would that be?

sorry, you don't need any bulletin board material from me.

Some kids accept the obsessive fans in red, others find it too much.
He was a city boy who could not imagine living in Lincoln.

Surely you know it happens. Not every kid offered jumps at the chance to move to the land of the korn. :lol:

sorry, you don't need any bulletin board material from me.

Some kids accept the obsessive fans in red, others find it too much.
He was a city boy who could not imagine living in Lincoln.

Surely you know it happens. Not every kid offered jumps at the chance to move to the land of the korn. :lol:

Just as I expected...turn on the lights and they scurry.

Please stop treating this recruiting forum as an excuse to pick fights with CU fans. Thanks.

Have him stop posting unsubstantiated BS and you won't have to worry about it.

I've NEVER posted unsubstantiated BS about CU, even when others were having a heyday doing so.

I don't mind friendly bs'ing but flat out hearsay is pretty unacceptable and I will call them out and I would expect the same.

We should move this conversation off the recruiting forum if you wish to continue.

I think my statement that a CU recruit whom I have spoken to once visited your campus and did not like it is entirely plausible. Surely you cannot believe that every single prospect who visits Lincoln chooses to go to school there? It's a ridiculous statement -- for any school.

Whether Kenny Bell enjoys his visit or not is something only he can determine.

I resigned as a mod. :smile2:
But if we stay on Kenny Bell's recruitment here, I'm fine with it.

My bad for going OT. Still think a kid who has lived in a metropolitan area -- particularly Denver/Boulder with all it has to offer -- has a harder time going to a more rural place that is focused on one thing. Yeah, I'm saying Lincoln is rural, IMO.

I could be wrong about Kenny Bell, but just seems like there is more to life and the overall college experience than that environment.

Have him stop posting unsubstantiated BS and you won't have to worry about it.

I've NEVER posted unsubstantiated BS about CU, even when others were having a heyday doing so.

I don't mind friendly bs'ing but flat out hearsay is pretty unacceptable and I will call them out and I would expect the same.

Then start a new thread. If you and AJ want to argue about it, do it in a different thread. If you feel like that is an unfair request, there is no one to stop you from leaving. I tried to ask you respectfully and I get a lectured response back. I will not be so kind next time.

EvilBeak,

So far I've found your contributions to the CU recruiting forum to be informative and totally within bounds. But understand you need to temper your expectations a bit. We'll never be fair and balanced here. It is a Colorado Buffaloes message board.

Besides, I don't see how it was necessary to "call out" a trusted mod who simply repeated a conversation he had. You know recruiting well enough to know that one size doesn't fit all. Nebraska uses the fact that there are no professional sports team or other D1 football programs in the state to compete with for the hearts and minds of Nebraskans.

While that sounds cool to a good number of prospects, there are also a good number that prefer a situation like Colorado where we have our passionate fans...

but we've also got one of the largest midwest cities as well as mountain towns/trails within a half hour along with professional sports teams in every major (and minor) sport along with 2 other D1 college football programs.

CU is more closely affiliated with NASA, NU with USDA. The funny thing to me, sometimes, is that the same prospects even look at both CU and NU. Except for being Big 12 rivals, it's really night and day differences between our universities.

EvilBeak,

So far I've found your contributions to the CU recruiting forum to be informative and totally within bounds. But understand you need to temper your expectations a bit. We'll never be fair and balanced here. It is a Colorado Buffaloes message board.

Besides, I don't see how it was necessary to "call out" a trusted mod who simply repeated a conversation he had. You know recruiting well enough to know that one size doesn't fit all. Nebraska uses the fact that there are no professional sports team or other D1 football programs in the state to compete with for the hearts and minds of Nebraskans.

While that sounds cool to a good number of prospects, there are also a good number that prefer a situation like Colorado where we have our passionate fans...

but we've also got one of the largest midwest cities as well as mountain towns/trails within a half hour along with professional sports teams in every major (and minor) sport along with 2 other D1 college football programs.

CU is more closely affiliated with NASA, NU with USDA. The funny thing to me, sometimes, is that the same prospects even look at both CU and NU. Except for being Big 12 rivals, it's really night and day differences between our universities.

'Nik,

I think you missed the point or I wasn't clear. I have no issue whatsoever with NU Sucks, nothing to do there, etc"...I expect that. My issue is embellishment. Unless this was MANY years ago, I know of no rectruit that LEFT A VISIT EARLY because of this.

Many have said it's not the place for me but his comment was FAR from that.

besides, IF this actually happended, don't you thnk someone would use this in their sig quotes?

One player that I know of over the years resembles this statement and I doubt Alfred is talking about him

I will at least toss it out there so if he wants to continue the fallacy, he can attach a name to it.

Tavian Banks woke up the Sunday of his visit and said he looked out and saw cornfields(not sure how this could be in Lincoln) couldn't imagine being there 4 or 5 years. That is the closest there is.

He ended up at Iowa?!?!?! No corn there.....

End of issue.

Take it to a new thread. How hard is it for you to understand?

Take it to a new thread. How hard is it for you to understand?
He's a husker. Let's just be impressed that he can read. Reading well... now, that's expecting a little to much of our poor inbred friends in red. :smile2:

speaking of huskers, it may be time to start laughing...

Time to turn the full court press on with Kenny Bell. CU has not been recruiting him hard and we need athletes in this class. Kenny's tall, fast and a playmaker. He could potentially be a great cornerback in our system (and maybe a return guy). I also like him as a slot WR.

Minnesota, Nebraska and Texas Tech have been his three official visits.

The Gophers have 3 RBs, 2 WRs, 4 CBs and 2 ATHs committed. I can't see them still taking Kenny this cycle.

The Nubs have 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 CBs and 1 ATH committed. I believe they're taking another WR this cycle and Kenny is a back-up plan in case they don't pull Willis Wright or Austin Hill.

The Red Raiders have 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 3 CBs committed. Supposedly they were focusing on Bell as a cornerback, so they may be full at this point.

One wildcard in this whole thing is Arizona State. They had previously offered and now Greg Brown is there. He was the guy who visited Fairview to scout Kenny for the Buffs. If he was high on him (and we didn't recruit hard because Hawk wasn't), then ASU will probably get heavily into the mix now. However, if it went the other way (Brown wasn't that high on Kenny), then we could be looking at making a strong push late with Ambrose and Hawkins recruiting him.

I guess we'll see, but I'm at a point now where I believe we need to focus hard on keeping some of the best talent home. And maybe securing commitments from guys like Bell, Hemschoot and Onyeali will help turn the local momentum in our favor and give us a good shot at bringing Mister, Spond and Bonnell into the CU family.

Meaning that is doesn't sound like Bell will end up at NU. NU slow played him....yet he said all the right things, "I love Nebraska" "If they offer, I will be a Husker" "No one is going to beat the Huskers if they give me an offer". Now I am paraphrasing pretty much what Bell has been saying. Well he took his trip, was offered a scholarship, raved about it, and everyone in Husker land thought that a commitment would be eminent. Didn't happen. Almost immediately upon his return home, Bell sent his film to Oregon, and now has offers from California, among several other Pac10 teams. If I had to guess, since NU slow-played Bell, he is now returning the favor. Used NU to get some other offers, and will not end up at NU in the end. Too bad, because I think he is going to be a special player.

Meaning that is doesn't sound like Bell will end up at NU. NU slow played him....yet he said all the right things, "I love Nebraska" "If they offer, I will be a Husker" "No one is going to beat the Huskers if they give me an offer". Now I am paraphrasing pretty much what Bell has been saying. Well he took his trip, was offered a scholarship, raved about it, and everyone in Husker land thought that a commitment would be eminent. Didn't happen. Almost immediately upon his return home, Bell sent his film to Oregon, and now has offers from California, among several other Pac10 teams. If I had to guess, since NU slow-played Bell, he is now returning the favor. Used NU to get some other offers, and will not end up at NU in the end. Too bad, because I think he is going to be a special player.

Or Kenny went on the trip thinking he wanted to be a Husker then once he got the tour he realized it was not the place for him. He said nothing bad about the Huskers because that is the type of person he is. JMO

I have read everything printed at scout and Rivals and I never read him say "I love Nebraska" "If they offer, I will be a Husker" "No one is going to beat the Huskers if they give me an offer" - even paraphrased....

Probably has something to do with a different perspective but he came across sounding like he was leaning NU but not ready to commit. He's given no indication he plans to stay in Boulder so I'm not expecting that either.

Have a little more hope for him ending up at CU now. He's a guy who could contribute early on either side of the ball, IMO. We really need someone who can contribute to the passing game as a RB. Also need speed and ball skills in the secondary. Either way, he's probably getting solid PT as a RS FR.

Have a little more hope for him ending up at CU now. He's a guy who could contribute early on either side of the ball, IMO. We really need someone who can contribute to the passing game as a RB. Also need speed and ball skills in the secondary. Either way, he's probably getting solid PT as a RS FR.

that could be the deal maker right there, give him the chance/look at either side, see were he would fit and be more comfortable to play.

Time to turn the full court press on with Kenny Bell. CU has not been recruiting him hard and we need athletes in this class. Kenny's tall, fast and a playmaker. He could potentially be a great cornerback in our system (and maybe a return guy). I also like him as a slot WR.

Minnesota, Nebraska and Texas Tech have been his three official visits.

The Gophers have 3 RBs, 2 WRs, 4 CBs and 2 ATHs committed. I can't see them still taking Kenny this cycle.

The Nubs have 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 CBs and 1 ATH committed. I believe they're taking another WR this cycle and Kenny is a back-up plan in case they don't pull Willis Wright or Austin Hill.

The Red Raiders have 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 3 CBs committed. Supposedly they were focusing on Bell as a cornerback, so they may be full at this point.

One wildcard in this whole thing is Arizona State. They had previously offered and now Greg Brown is there. He was the guy who visited Fairview to scout Kenny for the Buffs. If he was high on him (and we didn't recruit hard because Hawk wasn't), then ASU will probably get heavily into the mix now. However, if it went the other way (Brown wasn't that high on Kenny), then we could be looking at making a strong push late with Ambrose and Hawkins recruiting him.

I guess we'll see, but I'm at a point now where I believe we need to focus hard on keeping some of the best talent home. And maybe securing commitments from guys like Bell, Hemschoot and Onyeali will help turn the local momentum in our favor and give us a good shot at bringing Mister, Spond and Bonnell into the CU family.

Willis Wright isn't coming. Hill is an enigma. Oregon is the real threat here.

I think the Onyeali ship has sailed, but I agree overall. Even picking up Hemschoot and Bell late would be nice.

Brown went to Arizona, not ASU, right?

Thank you. Nice catch. I totally brainfarted there. That's good for us, I think. If ASU wasn't in Kenny's top few before, there's no new reason for them to be in it now.

Back