What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO ATH Kenny Bell (Signed to Nebraska)

To have two Colorado kids commit to the Fusker's (on offense, when they are way more inept than CU), is a bad day..... I don't think either kid is complete difference maker, but it hurts either way. They are kids we'd be happy to have and that sucks....

sigh. this year in CO is as worse then the first few year's of Hawk's tenure were good.

So let me get this straight, Neb has more commits from CO players than CU does? Pretty much tells you where our program is..

Thanks Hawk!!

And Wyoming's got even more than Nebraska. We didn't really recruit the 3 NU guys.

:shrug:

Who exactly are we recruiting? It seems like we have missed on every big target this year.

Beyond frustrating right now.

We have misses on all the 4* and 5* guys had hoped for (so far at least).

But realistically after 3-9, a class of solid 3* guys that fill all our targeted needs was all we should expect. I'm frustrated, too, because I always want excellence. But Hawk is actually surprising me with how solid this class is shaping up to be.

Edit: targets to keep an eye on are Ducre, Abreu, Terrell, Benson, Hemschoot and Epenesa. We're going hard after those guys. And I believe we're still working on Mobley, Dunn, Mister and Muema (among others).

Last edited:
Losing in-state prospects like Bell to divisional rivals sucks. NU getting a foothold into the state for the future sucks.

Losing in-state prospects like Bell to divisional rivals sucks. NU getting a foothold into the state for the future sucks.

Yep. I realize we aren't going to get all of the in-state recruits, but we should get some...

A guy who grew up a Buff fan, lives in Boulder, is offered by CU, and chooses to go to NU. That's all on Hawkins.

We have misses on all the 4* and 5* guys had hoped for (so far at least).

But realistically after 3-9, a class of solid 3* guys that fill all our targeted needs was all we should expect. I'm frustrated, too, because I always want excellence. But Hawk is actually surprising me with how solid this class is shaping up to be.

Edit: targets to keep an eye on are Ducre, Abreu, Terrell, Benson, Hemschoot and Epenesa. We're going hard after those guys. And I believe we're still working on Mobley, Dunn, Mister and Muema (among others).

I agree. I think generally the 3 star guys have plenty of talent, it just takes coaching up, good schemes, etc. Unfortunately, that's where our staff has faltered.

If we won 8 games and they thought Hawkins would be here 1 year from now for sure, they'd be buffs.

If we won 8 games and they thought Hawkins would be here 1 year from now for sure, they'd be buffs.

And if we had actively recruited them. Colter I know we wanted after he camped with us... but as a safety and he wants to play QB. Bell we were never more than lukewarm on.

Could one of you recruiting experts tell me exactly what in the **** is hawk doing in regards to recruiting?

Last edited by a moderator:
Careful here folks - no attacks against players, and keep the posts on topic please

This is good for for Kenny. Bad for CU. But, from everyhting I am hearing from players CU is not doing a very good job of letting players know they (CU) are interested in them. This is sad for a in state program like CU. So until CU shows the "love" players will cont' leaning to programs like Nebraska and others. I know my son is leaning to out of state since CU has given him the impression that "we got you". So wait until we call you. Well that is not going to happen, so he and others are going to move on.

This is good for for Kenny. Bad for CU. But, from everyhting I am hearing from players CU is not doing a very good job of letting players know they (CU) are interested in them. This is sad for a in state program like CU. So until CU shows the "love" players will cont' leaning to programs like Nebraska and others. I know my son is leaning to out of state since CU has given him the impression that "we got you". So wait until we call you. Well that is not going to happen, so he and others are going to move on.

I think it's fair to say that most of us are frustrated that CU keeps slow playing in-state prospects. I know there are a couple things to play into it. First, that they don't send out many early offers except for guys that will most likely end up in the Rivals 250. Second, that they avoid early commitments unless they're sure that the prospect has thought things through and is truly committed to CU.

Frankly, I usually disagree with the coaching staff on this issue. I strongly believe that CU should be the first to offer about a dozen in-state prospects every year even if some aren't committable. Being the first to offer sticks out. And while Colorado kids shouldn't take it for granted that CU is there waiting for them, CU shouldn't be taking them for granted either that they'll still be waiting if CU strikes out on some other kids and swoops in late. It's so early, though. I think we can be patient regarding 2011 offers. We're still a month away from NSD on the 2010 group. :smile:

P.S. legacy17 - I didn't realize you were Corey's dad. Glad to have you on the board here. I'm sure you're proud. Seems like a great young man (obviously works hard to be as good as he is on the football field and the 3.4 GPA is impressive).

Last edited:
I really just don't understand how Hawk and crew would not want a player like Bell. It looks like he could play any number of positions, return kicks, and he's a local star. What legacy17 is saying is really disturbing to me, it's nice that Hawk gets the best player in the state every year, save this one of course, but I don't see why he has to target only those players.

Back