What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO DE Chris Martin (Signed to California)

There could be several different reasons why. If you know the actual answer then I'll specifically address that. And regardless it still doesn't change the fact that you specifically didn't want him but then come on here and complain about the team's talent level everyday.

Do you still need a reason?

CU wasn't 11th in recruiting. At worst 8th, normally 6th but the middle was packed in tight. We're on the right track. Glad we passed on this head case.

Played Jr year of HS in CA.
Played Sr year of HS in CO.
Committed to Notre Dame.
Switched to Cal, enrolled at Cal.
After one month at Cal asked to be released to get away from his problems.
Went to Florida, got arrested, and was a big part of the pot issue at UF.
Transferred away from UF (really got kicked off) and went to Navarro Junior College in Texas.
Was then kicked off the team and out of school at Navarro JC for more issues.
Enrolled at City College San Fran for 2012.
Now committed to Kansas.

He's worn the swag of 8 schools in 6 years.
Kicked out of 2, perhaps 3 or 4 of them.

source: Rivals Main Board

Last edited:
2 years (somehow). He redshirted at Florida and has spent 2 years at JC's. 2 to play 2 for Charlie at Kansas.

2 years (somehow). He redshirted at Florida and has spent 2 years at JC's. 2 to get kicked out at Kansas.

fify

I hope not but the record doesn't lead to expectations of a good outcome.

What a waste of talent just to smoke some weed and act bad.

Love the first two comments on the article, from the same person:

[h=4]hawksquawk 9 minutes ago[/h]Don't recognize the name, so, throw the book at him, Coach!
Upvote0

[h=4]hawksquawk 6 minutes ago[/h]Oops, now I recognize the name. He probably got mixed up in some things and deserves a second chance. Let's not be too quick to judge.

I remember when lots here were upset when he didn't give CU the time of day. This time it turned out for the best, with his continued bad judgement he could have been sharing a room with Lynn Katoa.

Dismissed from the KU football team

I don't know if it would have worked out and it would have been a big risk for CU, but I look back on Martin's recruiting and think it's safe to say that he made a mistake by not signing with the Buffs. He'd moved to Colorado to get away from certain influences and around different ones. It seems that it worked out pretty well his senior year. His best plan would have been to stay in that environment.

Hopefully he'll figure things out and find success in life.

I think he needs to forget about football awhile and get ahold of his life. That or get used to wearing an orange jumpsuit.

I don't know if it would have worked out and it would have been a big risk for CU, but I look back on Martin's recruiting and think it's safe to say that he made a mistake by not signing with the Buffs. He'd moved to Colorado to get away from certain influences and around different ones. It seems that it worked out pretty well his senior year. His best plan would have been to stay in that environment.

Hopefully he'll figure things out and find success in life.

Trouble in California (high school), trouble in Florida (at UF), and trouble in Kansas (at KU). In this case, I think it's the individual and not the location.

Paging JRK

Hindsight is 20/20 little Tini. Plenty of players have had trouble in the past gotten their act together and went on to have great college careers and/or are now playing on Sundays. Paul Richardson and Scotty "decapitate my teacher and glue her to the wall" McKnight are two recent examples with us. Especially given our current issues with recruiting I think it makes sense to take risks on talented players despite whatever baggage they may have. Who knows, maybe if we had taken Martin he would have never found himself in this position, the course of his life would have been altered. Basically I'm saying it's Jon Embree's fault that Chris is currently sitting in prison. Terrible person all around.

Hindsight is 20/20 little Tini. Plenty of players have had trouble in the past gotten their act together and went on to have great college careers and/or are now playing on Sundays. Paul Richardson and Scotty "decapitate my teacher and glue her to the wall" McKnight are two recent examples with us. Especially given our current issues with recruiting I think it makes sense to take risks on talented players despite whatever baggage they may have. Who knows, maybe if we had taken Martin he would have never found himself in this position, the course of his life would have been altered. Basically I'm saying it's Jon Embree's fault that Chris is currently sitting in prison. Terrible person all around.

Have one issue at a school? Fine. (PRich, Scotty)
Have two issues at different schools? Ummm.
Have as many issues as Chris Martin did before he got to KU? Why in the **** would you take a chance on him? Is however many chances he got not enough to show you that he was not worth the trouble?

Seriously, how many chances does Chris Martin get according to you?

Seriously, how many chances does Chris Martin get according to you?

Glad you asked. Under the JRK system a player's chances is determined by their star rating. So as a 5-star player Chris would get 5 chances.

Back