What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO DE Nduka Onyeali (Signed to Arizona State)

Re: '10 CO DE Nduka Onyeali

he supposedly was dogging our program and facilities at the spring game.

well then...f*** him :smile2:

but in reality, those perceptions are warranted after looking at our program over the past 5 years....but they can very easily change with 9 or 10 wins this season

From what one of my buddies who coaches in the high school ranks says, he thinks the kid has a great motor and is definitely a playmaker. But he also says he seems pretty short. Would not mind him choosing the Buffs at all, but I'm much more interested in the soph LBs at Mullen.

That's pretty much a dead on analysis there....he has always reminded me of a guy like Al Wilson...a little undersized but always in the right spot, always making the play, and at times putting a big hit on a guy that breaks the laws of physics

Mullen definately has a TON of talent coming out in the next 2-3 years, and we need to do much better than our recent track record has been there.

Have heard that Onyeali has no interest in Buffs. He has been overheard dissing the program.
In the mold of many Mullen players, he is a great HS player but may be peaked out.

Last edited:

Have heard that Onyeali has no interest in Buffs. He felt snubbed by not being offered earlier.
In the mold of many Mullen players, he is a great HS player but may be peaked out.

how many degrees of separation between your source and Onyeali? Because I heard that he WAS interested. My source is vague, friend of a friend knows someone who knows a coach, so I didn't put stock in it one way or the other.

Is yours any better?

I give us a 10% chance of landing him, maybe less.

Onyeali impressive in all areas

By Greg Biggins
ESPN RISE

Heading into the final Nike camp of the year in Boulder, Colo., it was expected the quarterbacks would steal the show. The group of signal-callers was definitely the deepest position in the camp, but the best player on the field played on the opposite side of the ball.

Nduka Onyeali (Denver/Mullen) dominated the camp from start to finish and was one of the best defensive linemen we've seen at any Nike camp this year.

At first glance Onyeali doesn't look your prototypical defensive end prospect. In fact, when the Onyeali went through the height/weight line and measured in at 5-foot-11½, 240 pounds, questions arose about whether he really had all the scholarship offers listed on his player card. After watching him work out for about five minutes, though, it was obvious he was deserving and might actually be underrated as a future prospect.
The big question is where Onyeali will play at the next level. He obviously knows how to get to the quarterback and has 28 sacks over the past two seasons, including 19 last season alone. Schools like Colorado, Arizona State, TCU, Kansas State, Tulsa, UNLV, Minnesota, Colorado State and Kansas have all offered scholarships.

Will Onyeali stay at defensive end and develop into a Dwight Freeney-type pass-rusher? Will he gain enough weight to move inside or will he move to linebacker, where he has shown he has more than enough athleticism to handle the position? Only time will tell but Onyeali definitely has a very bright future.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4277713

Onyeali's down to a final four of Arizona State, Minnesota, Syracuse and TCU.

So hard for us to get Mullen players, hopefully that changes for the 2011 class. We really need to haul those guys in.

So hard for us to get Mullen players, hopefully that changes for the 2011 class. We really need to haul those guys in.

Yeah. I'm hoping that we can get Dwayne Pecosky (6'2", 270lb), a 2* OL on Rivals, to walk on from there. So far he doesn't have any offers.

Yeah. I'm hoping that we can get Dwayne Pecosky (6'2", 270lb), a 2* OL on Rivals, to walk on from there. So far he doesn't have any offers.

What do you think is the deal with Mullen players not coming here? Logan not a fan of Hawk and pushing them away? Mullen players having large egos and want to go play for the big boys of college football? I mean, we have got our share of them to come here, just seems like a lot of them leave, whereas kids from Littleton come here at a much higher rate.

What do you think is the deal with Mullen players not coming here? Logan not a fan of Hawk and pushing them away? Mullen players having large egos and want to go play for the big boys of college football? I mean, we have got our share of them to come here, just seems like a lot of them leave, whereas kids from Littleton come here at a much higher rate.

I believe it has everything to do with what Mullen is. Players kind of go there as mercenaries because they like the opportunity (athletically and academically). So these are all guys who are willing to look around to find the best situation for themselves and likely have parents that encourage that. Logan certainly doesn't steer kids away from CU, but he does encourage them to look around and make the right decision.

Besides, we do have several guys from Mullen on the team - Burney, Daniels, Givens and Conte. And it does seem like the 2011 class of Mullen guys are giving us a long look.

I have no way of confirming this but I think Dave Logan is pissed of with CU for not giving him more "love." I think hiring him as a HC would be a complete disaster but I also think that it is or was his dream job. At some point an AD (or more) made him feel like he was not taken seriously and he is "getting back." We got very players from his programs when he was at other schools as well, not just Mullen.

Hmm, about what I thought. Hopefully Logan isn't pissed at Bohn for "overlooking" him. He sounds like a smart guy, I'd assume he knows nobody in their right mind will make you head coach of a major university without so much as some college coaching experience.

I have no way of confirming this but I think Dave Logan is pissed of with CU for not giving him more "love." I think hiring him as a HC would be a complete disaster but I also think that it is or was his dream job. At some point an AD (or more) made him feel like he was not taken seriously and he is "getting back." We got very players from his programs when he was at other schools as well, not just Mullen.
Complete BS. Logan has said many times that he feels his job is to do what is best for his players first and CU second. Which is exactly what a good high school coach should do.

Complete BS. Logan has said many times that he feels his job is to do what is best for his players first and CU second. Which is exactly what a good high school coach should do.

He says that and he is very classy in how he handles himself with the media and his kids. At the same time I have heard kids say that they felt a negative vibe from him regarding CU. It may not be overt but what I have seen and heard leads me to believe that he harbors some negative feelings toward CU and that reflects to his kids, even if it is not intentional.

He says that and he is very classy in how he handles himself with the media and his kids. At the same time I have heard kids say that they felt a negative vibe from him regarding CU. It may not be overt but what I have seen and heard leads me to believe that he harbors some negative feelings toward CU and that reflects to his kids, even if it is not intentional.
Or it could mean that he thinks the kid in question would honestly be better off elsewhere.

Here we go again....you guys crack me up....every time a Mullen guy goes elsewhere it's the "blame Mullen & wtf is wrong with Dave Logan" argument :lol:

It has NOTHING to do with the fact that CU and its coach have done absolutely nothing on the field in 4 years....kids at Mullen get used to winning & not many of them want to take the next step to our program right now

It also should be noted that I don't think CU even went after Nduka very hard, from what I know.....they slept on him forever & who knows how that changed his perception

Here we go again....you guys crack me up....every time a Mullen guy goes elsewhere it's the "blame Mullen & wtf is wrong with Dave Logan" argument :lol:

It has NOTHING to do with the fact that CU and its coach have done absolutely nothing on the field in 4 years....kids at Mullen get used to winning & not many of them want to take the next step to our program right now

It also should be noted that I don't think CU even went after Nduka very hard, from what I know.....they slept on him forever & who knows how that changed his perception

What have any of those preferred schools, except TCU, done?

Onyeali's favorites:

Arizona State - 17 commits (2 DEs; 0 OLBs)
Syracuse - 24 commits (1 DE; 5 OLBs)
Minnesota - 27 commits (2 DEs; 2 OLBs)
TCU - 12 commits (0 DEs; 2 OLBs)

Onyeali's favorites:

Arizona State - 17 commits (2 DEs; 0 OLBs)
Syracuse - 24 commits (1 DE; 5 OLBs)
Minnesota - 27 commits (2 DEs; 2 OLBs)
TCU - 12 commits (0 DEs; 2 OLBs)

that's depressing that we can't beat those schools for a recruit in our backyard..

It sounds like it's going to be Syracuse. That he's just waiting for them to announce their new d-line coach and have a conversation with him. Onyeali should be off the board in the next week or two.

visited USC, doesn't appear to have a commitable offer there, but could change his commit from ASU?

What have any of those preferred schools, except TCU, done?

Winning seasons and a bowl game, with the exception being syracuse. Let's be real, the mountains won't be bringing recruits here. Yes, it's an awesome campus and beautiful surroundings but the ugliness that is at folsom field is what's turning away recruits. Not dave logan.

have you seen vontaze burfict play? that guy is a human missile, and i'm sure it's pretty tempting to want to be on the same field with him.

Back