What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO OLB Joe Hemschoot (Signed to Stanford)

Another day, another lost top Colorado recruit. Hawk better start winning or recruiting will get worse not better.

I honestly cannot find any problems with a kid choosing Stanford. Great school, good program, and on the rise. Kinda makes sense to me. I hope he's visited when when the hills are brown though. It doesn't always look as nice as it does right now.

Saw this coming a couple weeks ago when my buddy who coaches in the Big 8 told me Hemschoot was in the IB program at Lakewood. Still, you know things are $hitty when you can't talk an in-state LB into playing for a legend like Cabral.

Saw this coming a couple weeks ago when my buddy who coaches in the Big 8 told me Hemschoot was in the IB program at Lakewood. Still, you know things are $hitty when you can't talk an in-state LB into playing for a legend like Cabral.

Barnett was hammered for not recruiting the last few years here and rightfully so but this class as it stands right now is ranked lower than any of GB's classes. Need to close with some good news.

Barnett deserved the critisism if you ask me. He defenders say his hands were tied, but well before the scandal that wasn't unfolded, he had obviously become tired of getting his ***** kicked on the recruiting trail by oklahoma and texas. The tide turned when EB and Embree left. GB went for the easy wins (sound familier hawk?) and these last two or three senior classes are proof of that. I can honestly say that last year's Sr. class was th eworst I'd seen in terms of leadship (Chappell Brown may be the exception) since Mac's '93 team. BTW, as average as this class is, it is nowhere near as bad as GB's first class. That however, was clearly due to the man who is truly behind the demise of CU football, slick rick neweasal. That's another topic on another thread, I suppose.

I will never blame a kid for choosing Stanford over CU. I would choose Stanford over CU. If you get a chance to go to a school of that caliber and not pay a dime for it, you take it.

I honestly cannot find any problems with a kid choosing Stanford. Great school, good program, and on the rise. Kinda makes sense to me. I hope he's visited when when the hills are brown though. It doesn't always look as nice as it does right now.

I totally agree. I have nothing wrong with Stanford. I would be pissed if he chose Oregon, but at least there is a great reason with Stanford. I would rather play for Stanford too if I was him. You can't beat the combination of academics and athletics

I totally agree. I have nothing wrong with Stanford. I would be pissed if he chose Oregon, but at least there is a great reason with Stanford. I would rather play for Stanford too if I was him. You can't beat the combination of academics and athletics

Well I wouldn't rather play for Stanford, I can just see why one would make that decision.

As much as I hate it I can understand. Under normal circumstances Hawk would have been fired last year. Recruits have to know that barring a major improvement this season Hawk is likely to be fired at the end of next season.

Based on the past three years (I would give any coach a pass on his first year considering the circumstances) the likelyhood of a significant improvement is remote so the chances of a recruit playing for Hawk and winning is pretty slim.

I believe in the potential of the CU program and as a place to go to school it is hard to match. The education is excellent, the campus is one of a kind, and the players get all that at a Big XII school. That said, considering all of the things that many posters (including me) have truthfully said here it is hard to blame a guy for at least considering other opportunities.

If Joe takes advantage and gets a Stanford degree it would be hard to criticize him for his decision.

I too understand why he would go to Stanford, its a great opportunity for him. It just sucks from a football standpoint for CU. He happens to play a position where we need depth and, judging by his film, he is a pretty damn good player already. Madden-esque or not, get used to losing out on guys like this until we can win more than 2,3,4, or 5 games a year. This guy isnt just thinking about football however. Good luck Joe.

I'm sure this kid's good, but I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over a 16 yr old undersized LB. Keeping with the theme of Captain Obvious statements, I'm really hoping Munchie sticks. That will increase the odds that we finally find a legit QB (no offense to Hansen - I think he may actually step up next year). We all thought D.Scott might be the recruit to turn the program around, but as Madden would say, QB is the most important position. A legit B12 QB could change everything...

I too understand why he would go to Stanford, its a great opportunity for him. It just sucks from a football standpoint for CU. He happens to play a position where we need depth and, judging by his film, he is a pretty damn good player already. Madden-esque or not, get used to losing out on guys like this until we can win more than 2,3,4, or 5 games a year. This guy isnt just thinking about football however. Good luck Joe.

All completely true. Would we be getting a different look from a lot of these guys if we had gone 9-3 instead of 3-9.

Stanford is a great university but if CU was winning I think that a lot of these quality scholar-athlete guys would be much more interested.

I'm sure this kid's good, but I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over a 16 yr old undersized LB. Keeping with the theme of Captain Obvious statements, I'm really hoping Munchie sticks. That will increase the odds that we finally find a legit QB (no offense to Hansen - I think he may actually step up next year). We all thought D.Scott might be the recruit to turn the program around, but as Madden would say, QB is the most important position. A legit B12 QB could change everything...

I'm not so sure that Hirshman isn't that guy. I also wonder with Spond looking at CU again is Legeaux's commitment is wavering.

I hope your right. I'm just saying its better not to 'have all your eggs in one basket'. Really, football (like any sport) is all about luck. Good coaches and players minimize the amount of luck that factors into a win. Since it seems we are a little short on those, we need to get really lucky. Since the odds of getting lucky in recruiting are small (i.e. 3-star recruits turning into Heisman hopefuls), we need as many shots as we can get and hope we get lucky at the position with the most impact. That's why you let everbody and their bro (incl. Moten and Spond(?)) take a shot at QB.

With all the **** news we get on a daily and weekly basis, I wont believe anyone is solid until the fax comes in. Hope everyone sticks and we get a few surprises too, need all the help we can get.

The DC article really made it sound like he loved Cabral, but the Stanford education and the more than likely scenario of a new coaching staff at CU this time next year sent him to Harbaugh. Too bad, I think he's going to be a heck of a player.

almost zero chance that Harbaugh will be there in 3 years. Choose the school, not the coach, and it's hard to argue re: Stanford.

I think that's what he basically did and while I agree about the Harbaugh thing, you could also look at how the team is doing. Is Stanford on it's way up? Yes, and will it all go downhill once Harbaugh leaves? Who knows, but he's recruiting up a storm so whoever takes over for him is going to be walking into a pretty decent situation. Hemschoot won't be the only decent player on the field in 4-5 years for the Cardinal.

Back