What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO PK Justin Castor (Signed to Colorado)

AlferdJasper

Rivals
Scout
ESPN

167088.jpg
684593.jpg

Arvada West High School (Arvada, CO)

Ht: 6-foot-5
Wt: 175

Rivals rating: 2*; unranked Kicker
Scout rating: 2*; #22 Kicker
ESPN rating: 2* - 72 grade; #38 Kicker

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: '10 CO PK Justin Castor

Castor Story - Colorado Basketball Insider
Kicking or Shooting at the Next Level

Castor also found time to attend Colorado football camp, where he kicked a 62-yard field goal. Special teams coach at CU, Kent Riddle, relayed the following observations about Castor following the camp, “Justin has everything you would look for in a college football kicker. He's a big kid with a strong leg who's going to get bigger. Most importantly, however, is Castor has a strong academic profile with a 3.85 GPA and is an articulate young man with an excellent presence."

http://www.coloradobasketballinsider.com/archive/2008/082908A.html

Showed well at the CU camp, but I'm really torn on whether we should offer a kicker this cycle.

On the one hand: Jameson is done as a placekicker after having more surgery, Goodman hasn't shown anything on gameday and will be a senior in 2010 anyway, and Grossnickle may end up being a punter.

On the other hand: 4 scholarships invested in kickers/punters is overkill when many of our competitors don't have 1.

On the one hand: Jameson is done as a placekicker after having more surgery, Goodman hasn't shown anything on gameday and will be a senior in 2010 anyway, and Grossnickle may end up being a punter.

On the other hand: 4 scholarships invested in kickers/punters is overkill when many of our competitors don't have 1.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Showed well at the CU camp, but I'm really torn on whether we should offer a kicker this cycle.

It's unpredictable until we see everybody play. But I assume it will become clear as the season progresses what our needs are this cycle.

Could go any which way.

It's good there are a couple decent kickers interested. Castor has Wyoming offer already.

Re: '10 CO PK Justin Castor (Committed to Kansas)

Good for Castor. It seems like Colorado's really producing a lot of good kickers.

Re: '10 CO PK Justin Castor (Committed to Kansas)

Good for Castor. It seems like Colorado's really producing a lot of good kickers.

With Berger and Crosby in the NFL, it may make kicking and punting something local kids think about more often.

I'll be interested in what Alferd has to say on this. But I thought Castor was the best kicker in the state (with Kip getting all the hype). I'm very excited about this commitment.

stoked. With 2 new scholarship kicker/punters here... Money better NEVER EVER SEE THE FIELD AGAIN.

stoked. With 2 new scholarship kicker/punters here... Money better NEVER EVER SEE THE FIELD AGAIN.

At the very least, he better have a REALLY short leash. He should not have free reign to miss several kicks and still keep his job.

well we might have warm bodies in this class. Wonder how many of them are gonna be stars?

anyone got a breakdown of why he was 14 of 24 last year?

I just read that 2 he missed in the Regis game were from 51 and 69. What we really need is the breakdown of 0-29, 30-39, 40-49 and 50+.

His punting was at over a 43 yard average per Maxpreps.

Rivals is holding off on reporting Castor as a CU verbal. Visiting this weekend and de-committed from Kansas (with offers from ASU and CU). Let's hope Scout didn't jump the gun here. Either way, we're still in great shape.

Nice, hopefully this kid creates some competition within the kicking department. So tired of the deflating misses. Congrats Justin on a fine decision.

I don't know anything about this kid, but I do know that having a kicker that can consistently kickoff into the end zone and convert FGs from 50 yards and in is an unbelievable weapon. It opens up the playbook in ways you can't imagine. No more going for it on 4th and 3 from the 40 yard line. No more giving up huge runbacks on kickoff returns. It tilts the field in your favor.

I like this kid (alot) and feel good we might get him.

However, he has not committed to CU. He DID tell Kansas no thanks, but he is visiting both Boulder and ASU in January, He is officially undecided.

The scout reporter is not their main guy, he's based out of Arizona. I think he heard "I decommitted from KU, I have a CU offer" and jumped the gun.

I think Adam has it right on this one.

Back