What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO QB Jonny Miller (Signed to Syracuse)

Re: '10 CO QB Jonny Miller

Sounds like a handful of Big 12 schools are interested.

I guess his pops is pushing Jimmy over at Scout.com as well as Rivals. His handle is Terter

You just made me put two and two together. :doh:

Old Scout thread on Colo preps site. This was the first I'd heard of Jonny Miller and for some reason it stuck with me after you said that. Probably because I was surprised that anyone would think that they could "fabricate" as indicated in the first post. (I don't know whether it's true, just read the comments.) Wasn't sure it happened, or not, but that and the spelling of Jonny made it memorable. They allude to a broken arm, not sure when it happened.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=385&f=1286&t=2245582

You just made me put two and two together. :doh:

Old Scout thread on Colo preps site. This was the first I'd heard of Jonny Miller and for some reason it stuck with me after you said that. Probably because I was surprised that anyone would think that they could "fabricate" as indicated in the first post. (I don't know whether it's true, just read the comments.) Wasn't sure it happened, or not, but that and the spelling of Jonny made it memorable. They allude to a broken arm, not sure when it happened.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=385&f=1286&t=2245582

:lol:...all Centennial QB my ass...honorable mention in the conference in NOTHING to brag about...if your team wins the State Championship you'll automatically get a pitty honerable mention nod

****...even I made 1st team All Centennial in Soccer, and never thought it was anything to boast about...until now :smile2:

:lol:...all Centennial QB my ass...honorable mention in the conference in NOTHING to brag about...if your team wins the State Championship you'll automatically get a pitty honerable mention nod

****...even I made 1st team All Centennial in Soccer, and never thought it was anything to boast about...until now :smile2:

Brag away.

I took second place in a district track meet, although I think we still ran in yards instead of meters. :lol: Just saying that makes me feel old.

Brag away.

I took second place in a district track meet, although I think we still ran in yards instead of meters. :lol: Just saying that makes me feel old.

Not knowing for sure makes you sound old, not that there's anything wrong with that (geezer to geezer).

If I were Jonny I'd jump all over that Wisco offer. I just don't see him getting a better offer than that. Jmho.

If I were Jonny I'd jump all over that Wisco offer. I just don't see him getting a better offer than that. Jmho.

He's probably hoping for a healthy senior season as a starter that will bring him more attention.

But, you may be right.

I've heard he lost his starting job at QB even when he was healthy for the playoffs? No?

I'd have to check, but I thought it was to a senior.

So he'll be hoping he won't have serious competition this year.

But I'm not sure, I'll check the roster and see if the other QB was junior too

Re: '10 CO QB Jonny Miller (Committed to Syracuse)

I don't think so. Jonny Miller lost his job last season due to injury, but never regained his spot to Tim Tanick. I think Jonny is really smart to jump on this offer. I don't think he's a top QB and I think his offers, or lack of, shows that. This season he can just focus on the season now that he's graduated. If he does good, offers should come, if not he still has the Cuse offer to fall back on. Good move by Jonny.

I'm not trying to bash the kid in any way. I have nothing against Jonny. I hope he proves me wrong. He can do it this season as the starter. I think Tanick graduated. He certainly has the talent around him to make Jonny look good.

He's no Donovan Mcnabb, wow have the cuse fallen

I saw him a couple of times on tv and I wasnt very impressed. Dont get me wrong, he can play but he's not the type of qb we need.

Has anyone heard how he's preformed at any camps?

I'm somewhat curious myself...I'm assuming he's had to have shown some real positive things in the camps, because I can't think of too many instance where I've been impressed with him at the Mullen games

I'm somewhat curious myself...I'm assuming he's had to have shown some real positive things in the camps, because I can't think of too many instance where I've been impressed with him at the Mullen games

Millers comments to Syracuse.com

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2009/07/heres_jonny_in_his_own_words.html

WOW!!

Jonny Miller stats at Mullen last year:

http://stats.rockypreps.com/football/boys/teams/106035/2008-2009/

How do these kind of stats warrant the offers he received?

Are schools picking players based on articles in recruiting mags. Is recruiting this far off reality?

Does anyone follow up on claims made?

Are the Mullen coaches aware of these claims? Do they go along with it?

No wonder Hawkins and Fairchild didn't offer.
They do their homework.

Last edited:
Back