What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO RB Josh Ford (PWO to Colorado)

Re: Transfer: Josh Ford (Mullen)

New article on Josh Ford is up on Rivals premium.

Since the title is "Hoping to Join the Buffs" you can tell where Josh is leaning.

\"I honestly left Colorado to find adventure,\" Ford said. \"But I realized that we need to stay in Colorado because we are winning state championships [at Mullen] and we could be going up to CU helping them back to the top.\"
Ford has applied to CU and if he gets in, plans to walk-on as a running back. He has not been in contact with CU staff yet due to compliance rules. "... And I want to come home."

Love this quote: "If I can get into CU I am going to try to get Adonis and all those other guys at Mullen to come up to CU so we can help get the program back to the top," Ford said. "We need to stay in-state."

my new favorite player if he gets in. Love the attitude. Probably has his own lunch pale and hard hat.

Since the title is \"Hoping to Join the Buffs\" you can tell where Josh is leaning.

Ford has applied to CU and if he gets in, plans to walk-on as a running back. He has not been in contact with CU staff yet due to compliance rules. \"... And I want to come home.\"

Love this quote: \"If I can get into CU I am going to try to get Adonis and all those other guys at Mullen to come up to CU so we can help get the program back to the top,\" Ford said. \"We need to stay in-state.\"

HERE HERE!!!!!! :thumbsup::congrats:

3 cheers for that comment!...I'd be the happiest guy around if we could get half the Mullen senior class up to CU next year!

Since the title is \"Hoping to Join the Buffs\" you can tell where Josh is leaning.

Ford has applied to CU and if he gets in, plans to walk-on as a running back. He has not been in contact with CU staff yet due to compliance rules. \"... And I want to come home.\"

Love this quote: \"If I can get into CU I am going to try to get Adonis and all those other guys at Mullen to come up to CU so we can help get the program back to the top,\" Ford said. \"We need to stay in-state.\"

that is just awesome, hope for the best for this kid, would love to see him in B&G

Re: '10 TNFR RB Josh Ford (Mullen / KSU)

worship20pic20logo20small.jpg

hawk this is where you go to benson and say if you want to help me stay you let him in

Love these quotes as well. It would be nice to see this kid be the one to start the attitude/belief that Mac instilled in those kids from 84-85. Keep em home and build something special.

Sure would be nice if he could come in and help get the pipeline opened up for the Mullen kids. I'm sick of seeing half of those guys go out of state every year.

Here's some good HS video from 2008 on Ford:

[video=youtube;no_rqlVmYH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no_rqlVmYH0[/video]

I think he's definitely good enough to contribute. Give us a lot on scout team and potentially become a special teams performer and spot position player.

I hope this is the point where Bohn's "full AD support of Dan and the program" kicks in. Josh obviously wants to be and has the passion to be a Buff.

Still wonder with this sort of passion why he went to KjSU in the first place - but WHO CARES?

C'mon Hawk, Bohn, and co. DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET JOSH TO BOULDER!

Josh, counting down the days until you're a Buff! :thumbsup:

Interesting looking highlight reel. One question for those of you who watched him at Mullen. Didnn't see him catching any passes or returning kicks/punts. With his speed and what appears to be good burst did he do any of that in HS. If he can be a returner he may be able to help us right away.

Ford "tagged" Hawkins on Facebook in a picture showing Josh, Adonis & Mario Conte. I hope this is a sign of good things to come with the Mullen guys.

Ford "tagged" Hawkins on Facebook in a picture showing Josh, Adonis & Mario Conte. I hope this is a sign of good things to come with the Mullen guys.

Glad to see Hawk moving on guys and networking. I get a funny feeling about this though.

I don't know much about recruiting violations but it seems like something like this could be. I really, really hope not though. I just get that feeling somehow. Are their rules about Head coaches contacting Juniors? What about current or former D1 athletes with eligibility from other schools contacting current high school players?

No Doom, I just couldn't bare to see anymore violations at CU.

Last edited:
Ford was not on scholarship at KSU.

And he was the one who made contact by putting something on Hawkins' Facebook page.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about here.

More importantly, is there a database to look up whether Josh is enrolled at CU? If not, would you be willing to add him as a friend and ask him? :smile:

This is what he wrote on the admission office's (yes they have one) facebook wall back on the 30th:

Hello CU Staff, My name is Joshua (Josh) Ford, I just wanted to say eventhough i wasn't able to be accepted this term. I want to thank you guys for the oppertunity and everything. I will continue to strive and workhard, so i can reach my goal of becoming apart of the CU community! Thanks Have a Great New Year! Go CU!

It doesn't look like it's going to work out this time but he seems like he's really committed to figuring it out and getting in. Maybe Hawk and co. will be able to pull some strings and help him figure it out.

That's disappointing. Hopefully Hawkins, staff and someone from admissions are counseling him on what community college courses he can take this spring and summer in order to get admitted for the fall.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! GET THIS F***ING KID IN THERE! Honestly, with the way our season went, I didn't expect much form our recruiting class, and I still don't. So, for me, Ford is our number one target. We just need him in CU to help with some in-state recruiting. He loves CU and Colorado football, and even if Hawk is let go, he will be sold on CU football. Sometimes, you recruit players in order to help your relationships with other prospects. Get this kid admitted...this really annoys me that he isn't already on campus.

I really seem to remember hearing words out of Bohn's mouth a few weeks back that "We are going to throw the full support of the university and athletic department behind Dan in helping him build Colorado Football back to prestigious program it has historically been....," words to that effect.

Ummmm, call me crazy but I sure haven't seen any of that support since Bohn said that after the Nubraska disaster. No coaches' raises, no hire of new WR/any coach (don't count Ambrose), no talk of getting help on special qualifiers.

C'mon Mike, if there was ever a time to SHOW SUPPORT, IT IS NOW! GET JOSH TO BOULDER!

This does make me mad. The guy was enrolled at Kansas State. It wouldn't have been much of a stretch for Admissions to support the AD a little bit here and admit Josh into CU. The lack of institutional support is so frustrating.

perhaps if Josh was a HS sr. and the staff was actively recruiting him, but remember that, while this young man may really want to be a buff, he is still an un-recruited transfer walk-on. I would like nothing more than for Josh to be able to fulfill his dream of playing for the Buffs, but I don't blame Hawk or Bohn for not using their admissions chits this time.

No Doom, I just couldn't bare to see anymore violations at CU.

And we all appreciate you not baring anything...

This is what he wrote on the admission office's (yes they have one) facebook wall back on the 30th:

Hello CU Staff, My name is Joshua (Josh) Ford, I just wanted to say eventhough i wasn't able to be accepted this term. I want to thank you guys for the oppertunity and everything. I will continue to strive and workhard, so i can reach my goal of becoming apart of the CU community! Thanks Have a Great New Year! Go CU!

It doesn't look like it's going to work out this time but he seems like he's really committed to figuring it out and getting in. Maybe Hawk and co. will be able to pull some strings and help him figure it out.

...maybe there's a minimum spelling requirement.

It would have been nice to have him here for spring ball. We are really thin at RB and could use the help. I also don't know if he is a returner but it looks like he has the quicks and the elusiveness to contribute in that role.

We'll have Nabors, Sumler. Speedy, B-Lock & Quick for the spring. We should be ok. I agree it would have been nice to have 1 more guy.

More importantly, is there a database to look up whether Josh is enrolled at CU?

Actually, I shouldn't tell you this, but yes, there is.
It's as simple as this:
go to Colorado.edu
In the search box write a name of a student.
Hover over the box and it will say "web" or "people" -- choose people.
then hit search
and if there is a student by that name, you get a match.

Or you can do with faculty and staff. An example.

Back