What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO RB Josh Ford (PWO to Colorado)

Here's the latest, best information from the various message boards (and some Facebook stalking):

1 - Josh Ford never enrolled at KSU or anywhere else
2 - He was not admitted to CU for the spring, but a plan was put in place
3 - He will be taking a few courses at a community college this semester to gain admittance
4 - Assuming he gets his grades, he will be admitted to CU and enroll in summer courses
5 - Effectively, it will be like Josh greyshirted and he will be a true freshman next fall with five years to play four

I'm not 100% on any of this, but I'm confident enough to change his profile status and make this post. Let's wait for something official or a published article before getting too excited, but I think it's OK to get a little excited. :dance:

Well that's great news in the light of the subpar news about Sumler. I'm glad to hear it's just up to Josh to pass a few classes to get in and wasn't going to get screwed over the big **** of the NCAA.

Here's the latest, best information from the various message boards (and some Facebook stalking):

1 - Josh Ford never enrolled at KSU or anywhere else
2 - He was not admitted to CU for the spring, but a plan was put in place
3 - He will be taking a few courses at a community college this semester to gain admittance
4 - Assuming he gets his grades, he will be admitted to CU and enroll in summer courses
5 - Effectively, it will be like Josh greyshirted and he will be a true freshman next fall with five years to play four

I'm not 100% on any of this, but I'm confident enough to change his profile status and make this post. Let's wait for something official or a published article before getting too excited, but I think it's OK to get a little excited. :dance:

So 'Nik, is the bottom line that if Josh hits the targets in the spring with respect to classes, he will be available for the opener vs. CSU (assuming he earns the spot?)

It just wasn't clear to me in your post whether or not he would be able to suit up in the fall. Thanks....

Yes, navy.

If things go according to plan, it sounds like Josh will start at CU this summer (probably be with the guys for 7-on-7s) and then be on the team and enrolled full time for the Fall semester.

Rivals has a new Josh Ford article up that pretty much confirms what I posted last night:

"I'm still looking forward to transferring to CU. I plan to this summer," Ford said. "I want to help the team and eventually earn a scholarship."

Ford said he has not been in contact with CU's coaches but added, "I know what I have to do".

The former Denver Mullen running back was set to join Kansas State's football program as a preferred walk-on but he broke his wrist during 7-on-7s last summer. He grayshirted in the fall.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1039501

Thanks for the answer, Buffnik! :bowdown::thumbsup:
Welcome home, Josh! Good luck this spring in class and looking forward to seeing on the field this fall!

Would like to know the real story with this kid because I watched the '08 championship game and this kid had everything that Moore had (including 2 more years of maturity of course). He ran the 100-meter dash in 10.9-seconds his JR year according to Rivals. He looked like a D1 prospect to me in a big way.

Their last update on him was in Jan'08 (late) where he said he was still working on improving his test scores. Says he was looking to play D1 so wasn't interested in some lower division schools who wanted him. I can conclude that he thus had no options at that time because of qualifying issues. Because he traveled to Manhattan last summer to enroll at KSU, he MUST have got those test scores (I sure hope so). He apparently didn't have a scholly for KSU either, but was an invited walk-on, who didn't enroll and grayshirted by taking less than 12 credits/semester at a Juco.

We can conclude perhaps that he was a fringe talent and thus his best option was KSU.

Or we can conclude that because he qualified late, that was his only option he had. If that's the case, he could be a real solid pickup. Would like to hear from others who saw this kid play. I remember him as a good sized back with some speed. Not a Speedy type back at all. I thought this kid was every bit as good as Moore and really have been dumbfounded as to why he wasn't a top recruit prospect. Anyone know the whole scoop?

In watching him play a lot for Mullen, I can say that the guy definitely can play some football. He received just as many touches (if not more) than Adonis Ameen Moore while they played together, and was maybe even more athletic than Adonis IMO. They were a perfect complement to each other, with different styles that gave defenses major problems. I would be downright stoked if him & Adonis end up on the team to do it again.

I thought for sure CSU or a school like theirs would have been all over the guy. My only thinking why he didn't receive that many looks has to be an issue with grades and qualifying. In any event I like his enthusiasm and determination to get up there and contribute the Buffs. I wish him all the best & hope to be cheering for him soon!

Anyone know what Josh's process for acceptance will be, or what the earliest we could see him in practice would be? This guy could be a huge steal.

Anyone know what Josh's process for acceptance will be, or what the earliest we could see him in practice would be? This guy could be a huge steal.

He needed some classes in order to get through CU admissions. I never saw it reported how many credits he was taking at the Kansas juco this semester, but he is supposed to be cleared to enroll for summer courses at CU if all goes well.

Would like to know the real story with this kid because ... ?
So would I.

My son has a good friend who was also recruited by KSU in the fall of 2008 as a PWO (class of 2009 high school.) He was real excited, so was his mom. Then ... nothing. On November 5, 2008, KSU fired HC Ron Prince and replaced him with Bill Snyder, who had coached there previously. This kid believed that Snyder would honor the PWO, and he enrolled at KSU on his own dime to prove his worth. Snyder allowed him to be on the roster, but never even issued him a uniform. Then they gave a full scholarship to a 2010 grad with lesser credentials at this kid's position. ... His eligibility clock has already started ticking, but he doesn't know if he'll ever get to see the field. If he doesn't get to play, he can't earn the scholly he hoped for, plain and simple.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but the coaching change didn't go well for a number of kids, and the PWOs took the worst of it, as Snyder saw no reason to honor a verbal promise made by a previous coach. He didn't recruit these guys, and didn't spend any time going back to review WHY they might have been assets to the program. He jumped into 2010 recruiting instead, and ignored the walk-ons from the past HC. Josh Ford's luckiest break may have been going down with a wrist injury before enrolling, otherwise he could be in the same limbo as our family friend. (And this kid isn't from Colorado, so no need to try to figure it out. He's used up his redshirt year on zip, and has few options where he could transfer at this point.)

962281.jpg

According to Rivals, Josh Ford was accepted to CU. He will join the team after classes start, so he won't be in fall camp. Expect him to play on the scout team and redshirt this year.

I love the attitude of this guy. I love his speed. I love his leadership skills. I love the Mullen connection.

I'm very excited that he got through CU admissions and will be a Buff. I see him as a guy who eventually earns a scholarship.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1104878

While at Barton, Ford began regretting his decision to leave the state of Colorado for college. His new goal was to join the Buffaloes' football program, which his uncle Howard Ballage was a part of in the late '70s.

"I am excited. I worked hard and now I have a second chance," Ford said. "I kind of messed up and didn't have my priorities straight. But this door opened for me so it is like a dream come true."

:gobuffs:

I think this kid may end up being one of the more important signings in a while. He is all about CU, and is set on trying to convince fellow CO kids to come bring back our program to where it should be.

Back