What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO RB Mister Jones (Signed to Texas A&M)

Re: '10 CO RB Mister Jones

...Mr. Jones let me starin' at the video.
When I look at the television I wanna see me starin' right back at me.
We all wanna be big stars, but we don't know why and we don't know how.
But when everybody loves me, I wanna be just about as happy as I can be.
Mr. Jones and me, we're gonna be big stars...

Couldn't help myself:sorry:

watch out the fun police will edit you.

Obviously do not know the whole story, but moving to another state and a whole new school might not be the best situation for a kid already having some grades issues.

Apparently Jones may be moving to Washington St for his senior year. Interesting considering he wanted to stay home for an ailing mother I believe. I wonder how this affects his recruitment:

http://forums.seattletimes.nwsource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=148236

nice obscure find, but seriously, it's four posts on a reader board, not a news article, not a comment by Mister Jones, nothing substantial.

I'm going with "internet rumor" until there's more to the story than that.
With the earlier comments about wanting to stay in Colo with his mom, a move to a small school in Seattle is coming out of the clear blue sky. Let's hope just a weird rumor, or attempt to start to something by someone who only knows a tiny bit of the story.

Certainly nothing more than rumor at this point.

Given he is helping raise his siblings and assisting his single Mom battle cancer, I'd guess such a move has more to do with a family situation than football.

This Washington State school is not a football power and thus this clearly is not a move designed to feature his skills and help his recruitment.

I'm going to root for this kid and his family and hope he ends up on a good track somewhere and improves his life.

The only legs I give this rumor is if his mother is going to Washington state for treatment or something like that. If it does happen, we have no shot because he has said repeatedly that he wants to stay close to his mom and siblings.

The only legs I give this rumor is if his mother is going to Washington state for treatment or something like that. If it does happen, we have no shot because he has said repeatedly that he wants to stay close to his mom and siblings.

I found exactly one reference, and it was on an Oregon fan forum, with very little traffic. Nothing else.

I'm not thinking this is a valid rumor at this point.

Rivals premium from April 23:
The Latest: Jones making progress in the classroom — 4/23/2009
Mister Jones wants to stay close to his ailing mother and four younger siblings, so location is going to be the number one factor in his college decision.
It goes on to say he wants to stay "as close as possible" to his home in Littleton.

Damn Oregon Phuck Fans, what is it with CU that they keep on screwing with? Is it because we gave them 2 beatdowns in bowl games in the 90s? hey repaid that in the 2002 Fiesta Bowl.
I'm really beginning to despise the damn Phucks!

Last edited:

Damn Oregon Phuck Fans, what is it with CU that they keep on screwing with? Is it because we gave them 2 beatdowns in bowl games in the 90s? hey repaid that in the 2002 Fiesta Bowl. IS it because New-weasel phucked up their program? Hell, the President went behind the program's back and bought him over, that was Karma.

I'm really beginning to despise the damn Phucks!

Neuheisal coached at U-Dub.

Neuheisal coached at U-Dub.

:doh::shot: Doh!! It was after we beat the Ducks in Hawaii, and UW was also playing a bowl in Hawaii before or after us, then the UW prez approached the weasel w/ the offer. The rest is history. :smile2:

It's positive towards CU, but he's officially undecided.
He also need to get his ACT score up, but he's working on that.

I know almost everyone has looked at him as a virtual lock, but I'm not so sure after that article.

I know almost everyone has looked at him as a virtual lock, but I'm not so sure after that article.

True, he did say he wanted to stay close to home, but said if not in Colorado, then at least close.

That only leaves a few options.

It's possible he doesn't think we are going to offer (have we? I forgot) and wants to keep options open.

But to be near his family, CU is the best fit. And we can use him, no doubt.

True, he did say he wanted to stay close to home, but said if not in Colorado, then at least close.

That only leaves a few options.

It's possible he doesn't think we are going to offer (have we? I forgot) and wants to keep options open.

But to be near his family, CU is the best fit. And we can use him, no doubt.

Yea exactly.. I remember hearing that he did have a commitable offer, but I imagine they are waiting on him to get his ACT score up? I'm not sure. I think if we offer he is ours. I'd just hate to see one of those situations where we wait too long and he goes with a Nebraska or CSU offer instead.

FWIW, I think he has some major work to get the ACT score up. The APR concerns need to be a factor here.

I will get ripped for this, but I think we should be focusing on others out of state.

Getting Jones would be a big get imo. He's pretty athletic kid. I think you underestimate him.

no doubt Jones would be a great get, and is definately one guy I'd like for us to land....but landing Adonis would be an even bigger get and would make up for any failing in the RB recruitment department this & last year

no doubt Jones would be a great get, and is definately one guy I'd like for us to land....but landing Adonis would be an even bigger get and would make up for any failing in the RB recruitment department this & last year
Trust me. There's no fan out there that would like to see Adonis commit to Colorado more than I. :thumbsup:

With us producing so little homegrown tallent I'd rather see us take a strong run at any local kid with heart and ability regardless of need.

oh i do want him but if he wont qualify dont waste it

WE WANT ADONIS

Getting Jones would be a big get imo. He's pretty athletic kid. I think you underestimate him.

I'd like to see him in the black and gold, no doubt.
Plus he's had a tough time, and I'd like to see something go a little easier for him. Feels like a buff to me already.

I think I'll be following him no matter where he ends up, but I'll cross my fingers that he gets his offer and accepts it.

This pic must be distorted or maybe the black under armor is playing tricks on my eyes, but he looks like a bobblehead figure or something :wow:

678645.jpg

This pic must be distorted or maybe the black under armor is playing tricks on my eyes, but he looks like a bobblehead figure or something :wow:

678645.jpg

I think he looks great in black and gold. It suits him.
... must be something he wears for track.

Back