What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO RB Mister Jones (Signed to Texas A&M)

Re: '10 CO RB Mister Jones (Committed to Colorado)

Jones will be very needed next year imo. We need a back with his size and speed. Sumler is our only "big" back and he doesn't really run like a bigger guy. Lockridge and Speedy are nice, but are what, 5-8 170-180? Injuries are bound to happen when you're that size in the Big 12 carrying the ball 20 times a game.

Then again Scott had the size and was injured all the time anyway, who knows. :sad1:

Mister Jones is most definitely the big time recruit that we will need the most.

Converting short yardage has not been something that we excelled at this past year.

Enter Mister Jones. He will be a great addition to Speedy/Lockridge/Sumler. I've been disappointed that Sumler hasn't progressed more either. He was better at blitz pickup and catching the ball in previous years, but slipped back this season.

Wierd that we went from a "stable of RBs" to being scarce. With DScott transferring and Ray Polk moving to Safety, we have no underclassmen at RB on scholarship next season.

We need a power runner and someone that will be the clear-cut #2 back in 2011, and then take over completely once Speedy graduates.

Quentin Hildreth is not on scholarship, but he was an invited walk-on and may well be next year. Definitely a D1 talent.

Quentin Hildreth is not on scholarship, but he was an invited walk-on and may well be next year. Definitely a D1 talent.

Read a little about him, but really don't know enough about him. Would be nice if "surprised" and became a solid contributor. Once Lockridge and Sumler leave we will need some bodies in there to step up.

Mister Jones has confirmed to Rivals that he is rock solid in his commitment. :thumbsup:

On Hawkins and his commitment: "I didn't think he was leaving, but it was good to know he is definitely going to stay," added the 6-foot-2, 205-pound running back from Littleton High. "I am still committed to CU. All around it is a perfect school for me and it is close to home."

On his academic standing: "I am just trying to keep my grades up," Jones said. "I have a 3.5 grade point average [this semester] and I got a 21 on my ACT. … I got set up with some wrong classes my freshman year, classes that aren't accepted by the NCAA Clearinghouse so I am going to have to keep working hard."

He's skipping track in the spring to focus on academics and may also need to take some classes over the summer before he can enroll at CU.

Full article: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1022487

Last edited:

He's skipping class in the spring to focus on academics.

I tried that once. It didn't go so well.

Great news that he's still solid on his committment to the Black and Gold!

Mister Jones has confirmed to Rivals that he is rock solid in his commitment. :thumbsup:

On Hawkins and his commitment: "I didn't think he was leaving, but it was good to know he is definitely going to stay," added the 6-foot-2, 205-pound running back from Littleton High. "I am still committed to CU. All around it is a perfect school for me and it is close to home."

On his academic standing: "I am just trying to keep my grades up," Jones said. "I have a 3.5 grade point average [this semester] and I got a 21 on my ACT. … I got set up with some wrong classes my freshman year, classes that aren't accepted by the NCAA Clearinghouse so I am going to have to keep working hard."

He's skipping class in the spring to focus on academics and may also need to take some classes over the summer before he can enroll at CU.

Full article: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1022487

I think we all know where this will end up...

:yeahthat:

aaaaaand.

"and may also need to take some classes over the summer before he can enroll at CU." Where have I heard that before?

Oops! :lol:

Track, he's skipping track. :smile2:

Good. I can easily see him starting.

I think we all know where this will end up...
why be more negative then we have to be? I may not have faith in Hawk, but I will have faith in this kid until proven otherwise.

why be more negative then we have to be? I may not have faith in Hawk, but I will have faith in this kid until proven otherwise.

Exactly. Mister's done an amazing job bringing his academics and test score up. He's a motivated guy who is going to get it done. Anyone want to bet on whether he makes it into college, I'll be happy to take your money.

I've seen the ncaa and cu administration before, that might be the reason. Never said anything about the kid, thanks.

Exactly. Mister's done an amazing job bringing his academics and test score up. He's a motivated guy who is going to get it done. Anyone want to bet on whether he makes it into college, I'll be happy to take your money.

Sounds motivated, hope he gets in.

Really hoping he gets it all together. We need him for next season, and I think he could be a contributor right away.

Guys, this is a recruit thread, please keep the pissing on each other to a minimum. Thanks.

Man, I really hope that is not true. We need Jones badly.

He sounds committed to CU, but sometimes kids just want to take the trips and see what's out there, get treated like a VIP. That's okay with me. Enjoy it while you can.

It would be a surprise if Jones doesn't end up a Buff. In the end, I believe he's going to want to be close to home.

I hope Jones sticks with us because he will have an opportunity for a lot of playing time.

Last edited by a moderator:

I cannot begrudge a kid for taking visits if he so chooses. Really hope the Buffs hang on to Jones.

I cannot begrudge a kid for taking visits if he so chooses. Really hope the Buffs hang on to Jones.
:nod: have fun kiddo, you only live once :thumbsup:

(Remember that when the fuskers are trying to convince you to live in lincoln)

I think NU is really going to make a push for him since Gio Bernard is sticking with ND.

sorry, watched the worst offense last night perhaps in D1. They are horrible. Unless you are a defensive player, you don't want to go to NU.

sorry, watched the worst offense last night perhaps in D1. They are horrible. Unless you are a defensive player, you don't want to go to NU.

Well, luckily, most of the recruited kids are a little more astute than message board posters and know what teams have waiting in the wings, why things may be as they currently appear and the fix for said issues.

Well, luckily, most of the recruited kids are a little more astute than message board posters and know what teams have waiting in the wings, why things may be as they currently appear and the fix for said issues.

waiting in the wings. The interception machine named Green? I've seen what Shawn Watson can do.

By year end, there was not a more pathetic offense in D1.... But I'm sure it's because you were holding all your good players back...

Back