What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 LA OLB Kris Rice

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
665321.jpg

Mandeville HS (Mandeville, LA)

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 225 lbs
Forty: 4.61

Rivals Rating: NR; unranked
Scout Rating: NR; unranked
ESPN Rating: Not in Database

Last edited:
His other offers, according to Scout, are UCLA, TCU and Southern Miss. The two schools to look out for that haven't offered yet are LSU and Ole Miss.

Another fast prospect who is a tackling machine (over 200 tackles over the past 2 seasons of HS ball).

Rivals has caught up with Rice, and he's saying he wants to leave the state. Great news for the Buffs. Hard to tell how interested he is in CU. He was complimentary, but it was also the Colorado Rivals site interviewing him and we know how that skews things.

Rice just said in a new update that the school that stands out the most for him is CU.:thumbsup:

I really wish we had a better track record with LA kids. We seem to get interest from them, but if we somehow are able to land them, they tend to transfer. Sure, there are a few players that have stuck it through and one that's trying to return to the team...but overall...not a great track record. Hopefully this changes, because there's a lot of talent in the deep south. I'm not so much talking about FL (I'm not a southerner, but it just seems that FL's culture is..."different" from the rest of the South), but LA, MS, AL, etc. I understand that CO, CA, and TX are our primary areas, but getting a few from the South wouldn't hurt at all.

Getting 2 commits from LA had to have helped. No change to his reported offer list. In his last Rivals interview (with the TCU site on 10/16) he did say that he was a CU lean.

lets get this recruit

sandler.jpg

Bobby Boucher
6'1
Cherokee Plains LA
(South Lafayette High School)

40: 4.9
GPA:N/A

Rivals NR
Scout NR
ESPN NR

"Good boy. Loves his mama." - Coach Klein

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find, bcs. I found a quote from his HS coach and added it to his profile for you. :wink2:

In a new Rivals interview, Rice said that TCU had separated as his favorite. He did, however, mention Colorado as one of the visits he would like to take. I'd like to have him and it would help a lot if we got a visit, but I'm doubtful that we land him at this point.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1026725

Back