What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 LA QB Benton "Munchie" Legaux (Signed to Cincinnati)

I don't get it...AZ sucks. I hate UoA. I'd understand ASU, but Tuscon sucks...why go there? I hate AZ. I still hate them for the entire Apaiata (sp?) **** from some years ago. I hate AZ. And they took Brown too. I understand ASU, I understand Oregon, but AZ?! Come on...what do they have? It's a ****ty place, not a fantastic school, etc.

Tucson is a nice area in the foothills, only really driven past the school so can't comment on the campus (did attend one game there long ago). I suppose there is much less to do in Tucson than the greater Phoenix area. Went to ASU and don't particularly care for UofA. However, if you look at Washington Monthly university ratings, one of many varieties of rankings, Arizona is ranked 47, Colorado 88, ASU 115. It's a good school.

Man I hope the coaches dont drop the ball on this kid, need to stay in contact with him, let him know that we want him in the B&G....GO BUFFS!!!!

Baloney, Arizona sucks and couldn't sniff CU's jock. Come on people we can let this kid get away. Ther is no better school in the country than CU for a kid named Munchie...it's almost poetic.

Rivals has a new interview. Munchie plans on waiting until Signing Day to announce, but it sounds like good news for the Buffs:

Which school has the edge right now?

"Colorado," he said. "[They are a] strong favorite. … I just like the environment at Colorado. When I went out there on my visit, I really liked it."

Rivals has a new interview. Munchie plans on waiting until Signing Day to announce, but it sounds like good news for the Buffs:

Which school has the edge right now?

\"Colorado,\" he said. \"[They are a] strong favorite. … I just like the environment at Colorado. When I went out there on my visit, I really liked it.\"
yikes. well he aint commited here thats for sure. I agree with BB's take. not good.

yikes. well he aint commited here thats for sure. I agree with BB's take. not good.

Other than my learned expectation of bad things for the Buffs lately, I'm not sure why this is not good. The quote from Buffnik sounds like he's still very high on CU. But he's 17 or 18 so I get that he could change his mind at any time. Hopefully we get to welcome him to the Buff family. The unicorn is that way.

hes not committed. he was. he was interested enough in AZ to back off that commitment. AZ is interested enough in him to hold a spot open for him. They are catching up, we are losing ground. that is the trend. It is not a good one, and pushing it till signingn day is not good for us.

We shouldn't worry, I'm sure that Hawk has another diamond-in-the-rough without any BCS offers waiting to commit if Munchie bails.

Keep if focused here folks. The kid is going to make his decision on signing day, no need to melt-down

UofA is out. If he was going to UofA then he would have said what he said. He may be keeping the door open for another visit, but right now it's Colorado or a school to enter the picture later.....

You follow recruiting long enough and there is one thing you learn quickly that if a player leaves the door open for a program to catch his favorite, there is reason to worry. We shall see.

Please tell me Brown wasn't recruiting him for CU...

Nope. His HS coach is Bieniemy's cousin or something. That's why we had the in with Munchie, Canty, Legania and Madison. I believe that it used to be Bandison's recruiting area, so he was the one with early contact. Pretty sure it then moved on to Ambrose when he started working his recruiting area (SEC country) on the phone during the season. Probably Kiesau and Hawkins now, since these things usually transition to the position coach, coordinator & HC by this stage.

good news... AZ just lost their Ocoordinator to Latech.

That's got to help, right? Being recruited to play QB in a spread offense Spike Dykes is running at a BCS school is one thing. Same BCS school, no Spike and no certainty that the offense doesn't change... not so much.

:gobuffs:

Jeez, he's really doesn't seem to know where he wants to go. Cincinnati can just up and offer a scholarship 2 weeks before signing day and he's that interested? I don't like how this all sounds.

[video=youtube;KtE0jcAkvjI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtE0jcAkvjI[/video]

There was not a single "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" in that entire montage as emphatic, or as emotionally, gut-wrenchingly delivered, as the one that erupts from my 17 month old daughter when we tell her it's time to go "night-night". Couple that with a simultaneous mad sprint across the room, and you've got yourself a spectacle. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Sorry Nik, back to the recruiting thread...

There was not a single "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" in that entire montage as emphatic, or as emotionally, gut-wrenchingly delivered, as the one that erupts from my 17 month old daughter when we tell her it's time to go "night-night". Couple that with a simultaneous mad sprint across the room, and you've got yourself a spectacle. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Sorry Nik, back to the recruiting thread...

Sorry, it's meaningless without video...

I am watching the Syracuse Gtown game and happen to see that some qb decommited from Arizona today. I think it said his name was Mack Brown or Matt? Ill look again. What does this mean for Munchie? anything?

The young dude has plenty of options, and he is rightfully checking them out.

In the end he'll do the thing that is best for him and become a Colorado Buffalo.

Cincinnati was after Munchie hard, but it doesn't look like they were making much headway. They accepted their 2nd QB commit today (Butch Jones decided to poach his old team, Central Michigan).

It really looks like Munchie is a solid verbal.

Cincinnati was after Munchie hard, but it doesn't look like they were making much headway. They accepted their 2nd QB commit today (Butch Jones decided to poach his old team, Central Michigan).

It really looks like Munchie is a solid verbal.

Lets hope so. We need this guy.

Back