What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 LA S Anthony Balancier (Signed to Southern)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

664486.jpg

McDonogh 35 Senior HS (New Orleans, LA)

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 215
40: 4.55

Rivals rating: NR (CB)
Scout rating: NR (CB)
ESPN rating: Not in database

BuffInVA uncovered this one. :thumbsup:

An offer from CU has yet to be reported, but there seems to be interest. LSU's ESPN-affiliate web site, Bayou Bengals Insider, had this to say about Balancier:

Quite frankly, the position with the best depth at the top is at safety. Eric Reid from Dutchtown, Tharold Simon of Eunice and Anthony Balancier of McDonough 35 in New Orleans are all elite level safety prospects.

Wayne Reese at McDonough 35 has sent his fair share of talented high school players to college. While at Carver in New Orleans he coached future NFL Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk. And Reese has high praise for Balancier, and sees him as a tremendous college prospect. Balancier is a physical player, who could find his way on the field in a number of roles.

LINK

I found some video on Rivals that was posted yesterday (not attached to his profile, so it took some digging). It doesn't look like it's premium content.

http://memphis.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1040923

Based on the 2 INT returns, he's got some wheels. His size is obvious. And he hits like a linebacker. Interesting prospect.

If I remember right from filling out a Rivals profile for a High School kid and his family a few years back, interest means nothing more than the kid included it in his form of schools he was interested in. For a kid with a tie to CU such as he lives in Colorado or he has family here, etc - it means nothing. For kids that are DBs in New Orleans, it probably means he's been hearing from the staff a lot..... Thanks!

buffaholic,

That's what I was thinking. Especially with Ambrose being our DB coach and recruiter for Louisiana. I don't include most of the no offer guys with a CU interest. :thumbsup:

Back