What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 MT SF/PF Josh Huestis (Signed to Stanford)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
704095m.jpg

C. M. Russell H.S. (Great Falls, MT)

Height: 6-foot-7
Weight: 210

Rivals Rating: unrated
Scout Rating: 3*; #21 SF
ESPN Rating: 90 grade; #49 PF

Re: '10 MT SF/PF Josh Huestis

Scouting report on Huestis is that he's a tweener. Plays like a PF but currently built like a SF. Very long, but skinny. Good rebounder and shot blocker. Has good range on his jumper. Top rated prospect out of Montana this cycle.

Here's his scouting video:

http://www.sportsjungle.com/view.php?i=914

WestCoastHoopsReport.com has Huestis as a 4*. You need a membership to see the complete profile. http://www.westcoasthoopsreport.com/search/index.php#

Also found a great write-up at NBAdraft.net. It was before his summer AAU schedule in California, where he absolutely blew up. Here's an excerpt from the post:

He is a 6'8 215 pound pf/sf upcoming sr out of GreatFalls Montana(CMR HS)..he led his team to a state title with only 2 losses for the season..he made first team all state MVP of the State Tournament and won the Gatorade Player of the Year award... Josh has gotten many write ups in the Montana paper about being one of the best players to ever come out of Montana as well as projecting to be the best to ever come out after his senior year he also just went to the Oklahoma State Elite basketball camp where he was one of (if not the best) player at the camp and afterwards was offered a scholarship and is now being heavily pursued by them( you can contact the coach for confirmation)..he is also working with a couple of NBA players as well as his father( Derrel"poncho"hodges) who is also a former probasketball player and a couple european players (Ewbekwi) while out in California..on top of his personal trainers He been running at Ucla with these pros and every last one of them says he has NBA potenial with the comparisions being a combination of the late Eddie Griffin and Shane Battier (except a lot more athletic and has better handles). His next stop in between training is the Washington Elite basketball camp and then AAU.

WestCoastHoopsReport.com has Huestis as a 4*. You need a membership to see the complete profile. http://www.westcoasthoopsreport.com/search/index.php#

Also found a great write-up at NBAdraft.net. It was before his summer AAU schedule in California, where he absolutely blew up. Here's an excerpt from the post:

he is also working with a couple of NBA players as well as his father( Derrel"poncho"hodges) who is also a former probasketball player and a couple european players (Ewbekwi) while out in California..

Am I reading this right? This is Poncho Hodges' son? If so, shouldn't we have the upper-hand in his recruiting?

Reports on Huestis' AAU league performances this summer with Belmont Shores in California suggest that he's no longer an under-the-radar prospect. USC was his top school, but they've already gotten 5 commits.

Mslacat's Blog

osh Huestis participated in the 2009 Pangos Sweet Sixteen tournament this week-end for the Belmont Shore AAU club out of California. The tournament took place California and did feature some of the top AAU teams in California, Arizona and Nevada. It sounds like Josh had quite the coming out party, as Belmont Shore went 4-1 in the tournament. Derrick Fazendin GOAZCATS.com had the following evaluation of Huestis’s play.

"Josh Huestis: The 6-foot-6, power forward wasn’t the biggest name on Arizona’s list coming into the tournament, but he served up one of the bigger performances of the night.
Huestis finished with 13 points, including a clutch three pointer to bring his team within a single point with 30 seconds left to play in the game.
Not only does he have a flair for the dramatics, but he also gets down and scraps for the ball, as it seemed as if Huestis was on top of every loose ball and rebound.
He made his living in the paint, powering through contact and finishing at the rim. He did not show much of a jump shot or post game, but he still likely saw his overall stock go up Friday night."

Rivals Article
"Although many basketball fans disagree with or would like to see changes with the AAU system and how it is setup, there is no denying the opportunity that it gives to under-the-radar prospects every year. Many prospects from states that don't receive much recruiting attention can turn a great summer into scholarship offers from some of the elite schools in the country. This summer, Josh Huestis of C.M Russell high school in Montana burst onto the scene with a great performance with the Belmont Shore AAU club, which is based on California."

Am I reading this right? This is Poncho Hodges' son? If so, shouldn't we have the upper-hand in his recruiting?

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

I actually found a post from Huestis's grandma:

"Although some would say that I certainly am a little bias……………..since I am Joshua’s grandmother…………..I’m thrilled to see that Joshua is finally getting some recognition in places outside of Montana……………..you all refer to him as a “Sleeper”……………too Montana and his family he’s been a “Super Star” with unlimited potential for several years……………..that exceptional athletic ability is in his genes “Poncho Hodges”……..and was recognized early on by his mother………………………Poncho has been in Joshua’s life from birth but……………….thanks to the graciousness of his mother she has allowed Poncho………his uncle Quincey Hodges and good friend Byron……………..to allow the basketball world to see what we’ve seen for years!……………………Joshua is a 4.0 student…………..a wonderful young man who doesn’t smoke……….drink …………..or…………do drugs………………bias…………….yes…….maybe just a little……….but I know a coaches dream when I see one…………and that would be my grandson “Joshua Huestis”.

Re: '10 MT SF/PF Josh Huestis (Committed to Stanford)

Huestis gave a Verbal to Stanford this week. :pissed:

Re: '10 MT SF/PF Josh Huestis (Committed to Stanford)

like in another thread, I wouldn't be counting on Bz getting any commits before Nov 15th. I wish we got Mayes...that's all...but that's not going to happen.

Bz is from just outside Chicago, and he went to UIC. He coached at Northwestern for several years. It was a long time ago, but I really wish he had some connections with Whitney Young, Crane, St. Joe's, etc. Chicago has a lot of talent...

I really like Bz, and he recruited some good players the last two seasons. I just wonder what's going on this season...we really could have used a big.

Back