What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 TNFR TX RB Traylon Shead (Committed to Navarra JC)

Why does everyone assume that just because they play at Texas makes them good?

I don't. I assume that Coach Kennedy and Connor Wood know who the good guys who can play are from that offense. So if they want a UT transfer, I'm trusting them.

Why does everyone assume that just because they play at Texas makes them good?

I don't think it's a huge stretch to think that the guys Texas has recruited over the past years are quite likely more talented and better players than the ones Hawkins recruited.

I see no problem if he is better than our worst RB we improve regardless how much playing time he gets if he comes here.

Any insight into how the visit went?
Nothing so far but has said he wants to visit other schools but wouldn't say which. He's supposedly really good friends with Wood and has a good relationship with Kennedy so that works in our favor.

EB is going to need to fix his running style but he's got all the measurables and a year being coached by EB will do him wonders if he buys into it.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1294204

"I called Connor Wood first and talked to him. I have known Connor for a long time. Before we went to Texas we played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl together," Shead said. "Connor said that there are a lot of friendly people up there in Colorado. He said the view is something that you couldn't even imagine unless you saw it with your own eyes."

we in play.

According to some Texas fans over at rivals Traylon would be better suited at LB. We have a need at both so I have no problems here

According to some Texas fans over at rivals Traylon would be better suited at LB. We have a need at both so I have no problems here

I was thinking that. He's got good size and would have elite speed at the LB position. Just not sure how open he would be with a pos change.

We're not bringing in a RB transfer who was one of the top rated guys in his recruiting class just so we can try to convert him to LB. The main reason he's leaving UT is the logjam they had at RB that was keeping Shead off the field except for special teams. Our main worry here should be whether he decides to stay close to home, possibly at a 1-AA program, so he doesn't have to sit out a year and can star at RB in 2012.

We are in good shape, though. But please end the LB talk. Not happening.

And UT fans can afford to say things like he'd be better at LB due to the logjam of supposed "quality" RBs. Love to see Traylon in the BnG.

"I thought Colorado was going to be a lot colder than what it was. Overall, it was a nice trip. I really liked it out there," Shead said when asked to recap his trip. "The scenery of the campus is what left the biggest impression on me. [Director of high school relations and camps] Kirk Jones did a good job showing me around during the day and then later on that night after their practice,

More earth shaking information after the jump.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1297736

Hopefully he goes back to Texas and tells 2 or 3 of his friends who have been 4th string with him. Any DT's or DB's want a chance to start in a couple of season's please see Coach Embree for an interview.

Hopefully he goes back to Texas and tells 2 or 3 of his friends who have been 4th string with him. Any DT's or DB's want a chance to start in a couple of season's please see Coach Embree for an interview.

:nod:, I'll take anyone we can get at those positions.

If he decides to transfer, can he take part in spring drills.

Absolutely.

It's still not certain whether he would have to sit out the 2012 season. It's likely he would, but there's still talk that he might be able to play all 3 years that he's here. Let's hope.

Absolutely.

It's still not certain whether he would have to sit out the 2012 season. It's likely he would, but there's still talk that he might be able to play all 3 years that he's here. Let's hope.
Why is that? Some special circumstance?

Why is that? Some special circumstance?

Honestly, I don't know how it would be possible. According to the game log on UT's official site, Shead played as recently as the Nov 5th game against Texas Tech.

I wonder if he is waiting to see if we get a commit from Wes or Chris Brown before pulling the trigger. I see alot of these guys who transfer out go to smaller schools where they will be guaranteed playing time right away with less competition. I'm not saying that is the case but it tends to happen frequently. I would probably do the same thing after being the man for four years of my high school career and then sitting on the bench for two in UT. I would want to make my last years count and guarantee me a chance to play and get some stats.

what's the deadline for applying to transfer to CU for the spring semester? Gotta be coming up soon.

according to AZ a couple days ago, he had a death in the family and the staff is giving him some space. not sure when we'll hear anything.

Back