What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 TX DE Kirk Poston (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 TX DE Kirk Poston (Committed to Colorado)

Yeah, because it's predetermined by the number of stars.... :wow:
Stars hold predictive value. Shocking, I know. I'm sorry I'm not jumping up and down like you guys. It's good to have him. I won't post any thoughts on recruits from now
on. :rolleyes:

Stars hold predictive value. Shocking, I know. I'm sorry I'm not jumping up and down like you guys. It's good to have him. I won't post any thoughts on recruits from now
on. :rolleyes:

FWIW, here's my read on Poston from his film. He does fire out with a low pad level and gets up field quickly (good burst), but he does rise up pretty quickly. That seemed to hurt his lateral movement & pursuit a bit. Also, I didn't see a lot of moves other than a bull rush. And he does have a great motor.

Frankly, all of those negatives I just listed are very coach-correctable. His initial explosion, his aggression, and his tenacity through the whistle are things you can't coach. I see a solid starter that will get into the backfield and be disruptive at times. I also see someone who could end up being quite a bit better than that if he catches a couple inches of growth (height / reach).

FWIW, here's my read on Poston from his film. He does fire out with a low pad level and gets up field quickly (good burst), but he does rise up pretty quickly. That seemed to hurt his lateral movement & pursuit a bit. Also, I didn't see a lot of moves other than a bull rush. And he does have a great motor.

Frankly, all of those negatives I just listed are very coach-correctable. His initial explosion, his aggression, and his tenacity through the whistle are things you can't coach. I see a solid starter that will get into the backfield and be disruptive at times. I also see someone who could end up being quite a bit better than that if he catches a couple inches of growth (height / reach).

I saw a little more on the film. I didn't see a lot of hand techniques, but I did see him use a rip and an up-and-under (if its still called that). He's also pretty disruptive; he changed the direction of several of the plays. Kinda reminds me of some of Bonsu's highlights. Needs to work on the lower body strength. This guy might be a steal.

I saw a little more on the film. I didn't see a lot of hand techniques, but I did see him use a rip and an up-and-under (if its still called that). He's also pretty disruptive; he changed the direction of several of the plays. Kinda reminds me of some of Bonsu's highlights. Needs to work on the lower body strength. This guy might be a steal.

Would you say that Poston would remind you of Brad Jones?

Not that he can stand up and play LB, but be a an effective edge-rusher on passing downs type player?

"coach correctable" I agree but what coaches on this staff can correctly do this procedure ?

come on Syko, you really think Bandison can't coach? Did you even watch Wil Pericek play this year? How about the other freshmen Bonsu? These guys held up pretty darned good and frankly, better than the LB corp imo.

I bitch about HAVING to play freshmen on the DL, but I can't rip on Bandison for how he's coached our linemen. They seem pretty damned schooled in fundamentals to me.

Poston's commit is solid.

Rivals article posted this morning:

"Colorado is the only trip I'm taking," said Poston, who visited Boulder the weekend of the win over Texas A&M. "I could take some more trips, but once I made my visit to Colorado, I wasn't interested in taking any more trips. The mountains were beautiful and I really had a good time."

Poston said last summer he made enough unofficial visits to Texas schools and to UCLA to be confident with his Colorado commitment without more official visits.

The Texan has seven offers in all, with the others from Baylor, Georgia Tech, Arizona, Duke, Houston and Kansas State.

Another reason he likes Colorado is the comfort he felt with the coach recruiting him, defensive line coach Romeo Bandison.

"I really liked coach Bandison," Poston said. "We talked about me playing outside or gaining weight and playing inside. I like playing outside better, but it really doesn't matter to me."

Read more...

I'm glad his mind his open. He seems to pick CU for the same reasons I did when I first visited on April, oh so long ago. It was one of those moments I will never forget.

Way to go Mr. Poston. Welcome to the B n G as well as the family.

come on Syko, you really think Bandison can't coach? Did you even watch Wil Pericek play this year? How about the other freshmen Bonsu? These guys held up pretty darned good and frankly, better than the LB corp imo.

I bitch about HAVING to play freshmen on the DL, but I can't rip on Bandison for how he's coached our linemen. They seem pretty damned schooled in fundamentals to me.

Bonsu? Herrod, west played well. Pericak played well late in the season. The key is DEVELOPING these guys so they continue to get better each year .

nate bonsu di play well but bandison as far as i have seen either doesn't coach or can't teach technique

I think Bandison is doing a pretty decent job, but we need to be building depth. Signing four DL and redshirting all of them would be a welcome change of pace.

I think Bandison is doing a pretty decent job, but we need to be building depth. Signing four DL and redshirting all of them would be a welcome change of pace.

This.

As it stands right now, we have NO scholarship underclassmen at DT/NT for the 2011 season. Unless Poston or someone else eventually switches to the inside.

Let's learn from our mistakes and ensure that we have progression at these vital positions! It takes too long to develop a solid DT for us to just leave it to chance.

Getting Sealii Epenesa or Foi Foi, or BOTH, are absolutely essential for us this year. Gambling and losing on Nuckols last season is a void that needs to be filled quickly.

that is a very good point. Refreshing to be recruiting to fill gaps in classes rather than to play right away. We had 3 freshmen come in last year and play. Thus we need to reload some guys that can redshirt and develop.

Back