1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'10 UT DT Ricky Heimuli (Signed to Oregon)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    [​IMG]
    Brighton HS (Salt Lake City, UT)

Ht: 6-foot-4
    Wt: 280 lbs
    40: 4.9

Rivals Rank: #6; ****
    Scout Rank: #6; ****
    ESPN Rating: ESPN 150 Watch List

2. Buffnik

Re: '10 UT DT Ricky Heimuli

Heimuli recently narrowed down to a Top 10... CU didn't make the list.

3. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Well Sh!t. :sad1:

4. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

We are struggling with DTs. I know we'll have some under classmen on the line, but it's very frustrating since this is a position where someone has the potential to make an impact (almost) immediately.

The fact that TRG fell out of a 3rd-round draft grade to be an UDFA is something I guarantee other coaches are using to get us out of the mix. Well, at least one of the reasons. If Kasa falls short of being a stud in the new few years (and the same with Nuckols) then it's just going to get harder to recruit at this position.

5. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

yeah - but Hypolite did have a good year still...just had too many double teams. I never really get NFL draft projections anyway...

But your point is taken well, and honestly, I point a finger at Bandison. I just don't see him as an extraodinary coach, and his recruiting abilities seem subpar. Hopefully he proves himself this year with helping Herrod, Obi and Cunningham become beasts.

6. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Every year it gets harder, and harder to defend our DL coach. Looking at our depth chart is very disappointing.

7. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Agreed. The past few years, we've had the Rabid Goldfish and his big, bruiser bully friend anchoring the middle. Now there's a lot of youth and little experience. This year should be very telling as to how well the young d-linemen are being "coached up".

I truly hop they shine and lay all our doubts to rest.

8. Buffnik

Bandison has a lot to prove this year. He doesn't do much for us in recruiting. He better prove his mettle as a position coach this year. Otherwise, we need to replace him.

And if we're going to be running a lot of 34, a guy like Joel Steed would be interesting. (It's like a law or something to plug ex-Buffs for coaching spots, right?) :smile:

9. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

DL recruiting for the upcoming 2010 prospects isn't looking too good. We'll see how many new guys pop up on our radar if CU starts and finiishes strong this season. Bandison? Did a decent job with hypo and Brandon although they had better junior years than senior seasons. All our coaches could be in the category of being questioned for player development and improvement.

10. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Which I will never understand. Nicholas had a decent year imo. But he was never a guy that was going to rack up the stats. He's a guy that was a disruption up front, and that's all we can ask for really.
    Hypo was a different story. I really saw him regress last season. Basic things really. The biggest one was not wrapping up. Ughh. I couldn't count how many times I saw that happen.

That isn't true. I think the secondary has made great strides overall. I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Same with the LB's. A lot of you guys are down on Jeff Smart, but I think the kid has been doing a solid job given the circumstances. I think Cabral has gotten everything he could out of Smart. And I don't mean any disrespect to the young man. That's jmo.

I am also willing to bet that the OL will be a force. Last year was a fluke with all the injuries. I think Grimes did a good job developing these young men, and Denver will continue that.

Same for the RB's.

11. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

I think WRs under Kiesau improved too. McKnight is pretty solid now when initially a walk-on. Smith was improving. He did not have the best talent to work with, but I think was an excellent position coach. In fact, I think only Bandison should be looked at with a weary eye. QBs too, but I don't know if that's more what we have to work with or the coaches doing.

12. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

bandison = suspect. I agree. However, this year is a contract year for him :wink2:. Also, a make or break one. This is his talent on show now.

13. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Actually, I would agree with your db comments. Despite the lack of a pass rush, the pass defense wasn't too bad. Didn't mean to put cabral in with others,he's awesome, they just didn't play well last year as a group,especially against the run. They need to be very strong this season until our DL catches up.