What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA DE Stephan Nembot (Signed to Colorado)

If it's being reported that he's still yet to decide between UW and CU, then I think it's safe to say he's not committed to UW. He could very well end up signing there tomorrow, but if he really has not made up his mind, then he's uncommitted.

I think he ends up at OT and that this offensive line class is actually shaping up quite nicely.

OT- Nembot, Lewis, and Mustoe OG-Asiata C-Kelley. Not quite as bad when we took 6 OG's in one class

80/20 in CU's favor.

It's more like a 50/50 deal. CU made a big impression on him but he's been in contact with the udub coaches for quite some time. A month ago, we really weren't even in the picture. Now, we're running neck and neck, and since we had the latest visit, I like our chances.

Come on, Stephan, you'll look great in Black and Gold. In fact, you might just look like somebody put a uniform on the Flatirons.

I did see a Washington Puppy board yesterday where the fans were very nervous about CU stealing both Asiata and Nembot from them.

Sorry, but I lost the link. Wasn't anything substantial anyway. But there was definitely anxiety.
This?

Nembot taking it all in

Posted by Bob Condotta

Well, I don't promise that I will often dip into the world of the recruiting services and call on uncommitted players to see what's going on.
But having talked to Stephen Nembot earlier this month when he said he was spurning an earlier commitment to Washington State and was coming to Washington, I decided tonight to put in a call after reading stories that he was now considering Colorado.
The 6-7, 270-pounder is called by Scout.com as maybe the "most intriguing prospect in the West'' so his commitment was considered a coup when UW was able to apparently get it last week.
Nembot, who emigrated from Cameroon just a couple years ago, is a more than amiable sort who happily talked on the phone about his sudden apparent indecision.
The way he explained it, he had planned all along to visit WSU, Washington and Colorado and hadn't thought that his recruitment was really over until he journeyed to all three.
"I did want to visit Colorado to check it out because that was also one of my top choices --- Colorado, Washington and Washington State,'' he said. "So I visit all three just like I said I was going to do. Now it's a matter of talking to my parents and we go from there.''
In fact, he said he planned to talk to his father in Cameroon later tonight, which would be tomorrow there, and talk about his decision.
"There are pluses and minuses on both schools so you have to choose what is best for you,'' he said. "I don't know.''
When pressed, Nembot said that "I'm committed to Washington.'' But he also said that "my final decision will come on Wednesday.''
Asked what he thought plusses and minuses were of both schools, he somewhat ominously (for the UW side of things) mentioned that "they (Colorado) have 300 days of sun. That might be something. But I don't know. I like both schools, like the people, like the environment.
"Right now there are so many questions, so I just don't know. I'll just wait until signing day and it will be over.''
from
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/2014093929_nembot_taking_it_all_in.html

flaming comments at bottom, starting with "I'm really starting to hate CU" :devil:
and this gem:
"I know some people from Colorado State University. Their take on CU is "they are the ones who sit around looking cool and smoking pot talking about getting things done, while we at CSU are the ones who actually figure out how and do things".

Having visited both campuses... one could certainly have gotten that idea from observation."

Last edited:
A lot of talk from a team that went 0-12 not too long ago and got blown out by NU at home.

There are those recruits who are very candid in interviews with interwebs recruiting services and the media. Then there are a bunch who "play nice" -- they choose their words more carefully and occasionally dance around the questions. Just a matter of personalities, no personal stab, etc.

Nembot does seem to be considering at least 2 of his original 3 fav's. He's relayed CU as a favorite (per adam) and has told a media source that he's still committed to udub. I'm fine with the way he's handled it. It's his choice, his dance.

I stand by my earlier assessment; I think it's a 50/50 deal right now. Guess we'll all just have to wait for tomorrow.

This?

from
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/2014093929_nembot_taking_it_all_in.html

flaming comments at bottom, starting with "I'm really starting to hate CU" :devil:
and this gem:
"I know some people from Colorado State University. Their take on CU is "they are the ones who sit around looking cool and smoking pot talking about getting things done, while we at CSU are the ones who actually figure out how and do things".

Having visited both campuses... one could certainly have gotten that idea from observation."

Bwwaaahhahahahahaaa!!!

Even if Nembot goes to UW, those comments are enough to make me smile. UW folks using CSU grads to justify their new found distaste for CU. Perfect.

Their take on CU is "they are the ones who sit around looking cool and smoking pot talking about getting things done, while we at CSU are the ones who actually figure out how and do things".

That is what most people say about their bosses. :lol:

One UW poster cited the weather in CO today ("Dude, its 8 below, somebody tell this guy its cold in CO")... facepalm... it was in the 60s when the recruit was on the ground, end of discussion.

One UW poster cited the weather in CO today ("Dude, its 8 below, somebody tell this guy its cold in CO")... facepalm... it was in the 60s when the recruit was on the ground, end of discussion.

And it'll be back into the 50's in another 2-3 days. Meahwhile, it's still raining in Seattle.

"I live less than 10 miles from the CU campus - trust me you don't want to go there!! No academics whatsoever!"
"Colorado's like WSU. They'll take anyone!"

I think I hate UW now after reading that ****.

At least one Udub fan seems to have a bit of logic:
"This hurts. Not understanding the Asiata thing. He had favored us the whole time. We should have been on Juda I guess.
Colorado has some great recruiters. I keep hearing there name in the mix"

How can anyone here hate on the Huskies? Have you forgotten that they willingly took Skippy off of our hands?

Best game I ever saw at Folsom was the 1990 U Dub/Colorado game. Two straight up great football teams. Deon Figures broke up a couple of Mark Brunell passes in the end zone to preserve a 4 point win.

Never really payed attention to UW but those comments reminded me of NU fans and CSU fans.

Familiarity breeds contempt. I agree that of all the teams in the Pac, CU and UW are probably the most alike.

Back